PDA

View Full Version : Goblins and Orcses LOOKIE HERE!

Lady's Champion
03-10-2005, 19:14
2000 Pts - Orcs & Goblins Army

1 * Goblin Warboss @ 124 Pts
General; Great Weapon; Light Armour
Ironskin Shield

1 * Night Goblin Big Boss(Extra) @ 68 Pts
Great Weapon; Light Armour; Shield
Mad Cap Mushrooms

1 Goblin Big Boss(extra) @ 91 Pts
Light Armour; Shield
Porko's Pigstikka

1 Wolf

1 Goblin Shaman @ 115 Pts
Magic Level 2
Nibbla's Itty Ring

Magic Level 2
Staff of Sneaky Stealin

Magic Level 2
Dispel Scroll

9 Goblin Wolf Riders @ 138 Pts
Spear; Light Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician
Goblin Wolfriders Boss

10 Goblin Wolf Riders @ 150 Pts
Short Bow; Standard; Musician
Goblin Wolfriders Boss

20 Night Goblins @ 159 Pts
Net (x2); Shortbow; Standard; Musician
Night Goblin Boss

3 Fanatic

10 Savage Boyz @ 118 Pts
Frenzy; 2ndWeapon; Choppa; Warpaint; Standard; Musician
Savage Orc Boss

5 Snotlings @ 125 Pts

25 Orc Boyz @ 203 Pts
2ndWeapon; Choppa; Light Armour; Standard; Musician
Orc Boss

15 Orc Big 'Uns @ 163 Pts
2ndWeapon; Choppa; Light Armour; Standard; Musician
Orc Boss

1 Orc Chariot @ 80 Pts

1 Orc Chariot @ 80 Pts

1 Goblin Rock Lobber @ 75 Pts
Bully

1 Goblin Spear Chukka @ 40 Pts
Bully

1 Snotling Pump Wagon @ 40 Pts

Casting Pool: 8

Dispel Pool: 5

Models in Army: 115

Total Army Cost: 1999

Well there it is guys!

Rate if you dare!

nurgle_boy
03-10-2005, 20:17
it all looks fairly sound, although your units seem especialy small...
still, i can see the fanati bomb, but the orcs... the biguns and savages should be around 25, 20 very minumum to work...

i guess you just had to ind a way to underine my MBU tactics :p

still... an MSU orc&gobbo army... interestng

Lady's Champion
03-10-2005, 21:05
Hmmmm, what does MSU mean?

I like small units they are underestimated then SMACK!
TEEHEE

nurgle_boy
03-10-2005, 22:09
MSU means multiple small units.

as for that SMACK! part, thats why we dont let you ladies carry weapons...

were scared of you!

anyway, sounds like a sound bit of tactics for them, and different to the ususal orcy horde!

Lady's Champion
04-10-2005, 19:57
Lol u need money for a horde! THe battalion and boxed game do me fine! Although I have replaced the lovely arrer boys...

Tormentor of Slaanesh
04-10-2005, 21:43
oh the arrer boys, they never worked against the undead or the dwarfs, happy memories.
you need more flesh.
more orcs?

Lady's Champion
04-10-2005, 21:58
ah the arrer boyz yes

Tormentor of Slaanesh
04-10-2005, 22:04
they suck!!!

Sinew
05-10-2005, 13:56
Frankly I think this army is rather peculiar and I don't know how to advise you. I can't see the plan - there's some infantry but not much of a horde, some cavalry but it varies between medium-heavy and really light, and a few bits of artillery. Also some of your equipment choices seem a little bizarre: why give the Ironskin Shield to a Goblin Warboss? And why shortbows on the Nigh Goblins? A Boss in the Wolf Riders? It's all a bit... er... unconventional. What's da plan? That might help us to comment.

Lady's Champion
05-10-2005, 16:01
Well
Ironskin shield keeps the boss alive for longer
The heavy and light cavalry have different tasks- the Wolf Rider leader gives extra hitting power
The NG shortbows are too kill off any particularly dangerous fanatics

The snotlings are a screen

The war machines mean against all infantry armies i can take a defensive role!

g0ddy
05-10-2005, 20:43
Are you allowed to shoot your own fanatics?

- g0ddy

Sinew
06-10-2005, 09:53
Well
Ironskin shield keeps the boss alive for longer
The heavy and light cavalry have different tasks- the Wolf Rider leader gives extra hitting power
The NG shortbows are too kill off any particularly dangerous fanatics

The snotlings are a screen

The war machines mean against all infantry armies i can take a defensive role!Fair enough, if you like what you have go for it, but here's my take on these choices:

- Ironskin shield is 50pts for a 4+ ward which cannot be combined with the character's great weapon becasue it is a shield. Therefore you are either going completely defensive (eg against characters) or you're not using it. If fighting a character in a challange a Goblin Warboss is not going to be able to survive long against many characters even with a 4+ ward, and especially not if fighting with his base S4. I reckon you're better off without this piece of kit.

- One of your wolfriders units is fast cavalry and has bows, so why put them in a unit of 10 with a standard and a boss? Those additions only help out the wolf riders in combat where they will be very weak, with a negligible save, no charge bonus, no rank bonus and poor combat stats. Also if the standard is captured it gives the enemy free victory points. This unit could be split into 2 units of 5 for added flexibility and ease of shooting; even though I seriously doubt you'll ever get useful shooting out of wolf riders. The other unit is better equipped as it is clearly a combat unit, with the tooled up Bigboss and the ability to claim rank bonus. This unit however seems a bit small - I'm worried you'll take 3 missile casualties and then a fairly expensive unit could easily panic and run.

- Night Goblin shortbows cost a point, so over a unit of 20 you could drop them and get an extra 10 Night Gobs which helps with outnumbering and increases the amount of casualties enemies have to cause to panic the unit. Also the shooting from 20 Night Goblins (or in actual fact the 5 or 6 at the front, as none of the rest can shoot) is pretty poor, and the Night Goblins have to give up their shields making them more vulnerable in combat.

All that stuff above aside, what's the plan for the army? How will you deploy it, and how will you try to beat the enemy with it?