PDA

View Full Version : Features of Character?

Red_Lep
24-02-2008, 03:27
As said in another post I have been translating a PDF from the French GW for DoW characters. One of the rules was you had to give you general a "Feature of Character" and now I'm trying to figure out what exactly they are because the wording is kinda confusing me. Any body want to take a shot?

Full with the Aces
The character is immensement rishe and always asks for the best price for his services, which ensures the troops under its orders excellent balances. In fact, loyaute towards their general is much larger to them. For representer this, you can start again any test of moral reate in a radius of 16 PS around the Tresorier-Payer instead of the 12 normal PS.
**Guessing increase Paymasters range from 12" to 16"

Hardened
The pesronnage is a veteran hardened by ranr of combat which its martial competences are above the normal. It obtains a no-claims bonus of +1 in DC.
**The last part untranslated is +1 CC so I guess +1 to hit?

Trick
The character is an expert as regards trick and makes use of it with the coer of lamelee. This enables him always to strike in first in the bodies has body.
**Guessing ASF.

Chef Charismatic
The character inspires such a confidence and such a devotion has its troops that they will follow it until the end of the world and audela! Command of general the beneficie in consequenve of a no-claims bonus of +1, until A a maximum of 10.
**Not sure.

Exile
The character has ete banished his contree of origin. He hates those of his own race to have it rejete. Thus, by example, a high elf exiles to hair the houts elves. The armee of general cannot include any regiment its preopre race.
**Hatred against his race and cannot include a unit of that race.

Resentment
The character eprouve a deep resentment towards a race particuliere, the origins are probably a ashamed treason or the massacre of its family. It hates a specific race (choose which). The armee of general cannot include any regiment this race.
**Hate a chosen race and cannot include a unit of that race.

Atrahasis
24-02-2008, 03:35
Can you link the original PDF? It might be easier to translate than the automated-translator (babelfish?) broken English you've posted :)

Red_Lep
24-02-2008, 07:04
Can you link the original PDF? It might be easier to translate than the automated-translator (babelfish?) broken English you've posted :)

Generaux Mercenaires
Warhammer - Mercenaires (http://fr.games-workshop.com/warhammer/mercenaires/index.asp)

And yes, it was babelfish:rolleyes:

Atrahasis
24-02-2008, 13:34
Character Traits

Rich
The character is immensely rich and always asks a high price for his services, which ensures the troops under his command excellent wages.
In fact, loyalty towards their general is much more important to them. To represent this, you may reroll any break test in a radius of 16" around the Paymaster instead of the normal 12".

Hardened
The character is a veteran hardened by so much combat his martial prowess is above normal. He receives a bonus of +1 Combat Resolution.

Trickster
The character is an expert in trickery and makes use of it in the heart of battle. This enables him to always strike first in close combat.

Charismatic Leader
The character inspires such confidence and devotion in his troops that they will follow him to the end of the world and beyond!
Consequently, the General receives a leadership bonus of +1, to a maximum of 10.

Exile
The character has been banished from his native realm. He hates those of his own race for the rejection. Thus, for example, a high elf exile hates all High Elves. The army cannot include any unit of the appropriate race.

Resentment
The character holds a deep resentment towards a particular race, the origins are probably a shameful treason or the massacre of his family. He hates a specific race (choose which). The army cannot include any unit of this race.

Red_Lep
24-02-2008, 16:12
Character Traits

Rich
The character is immensely rich and always asks a high price for his services, which ensures the troops under his command excellent wages.
In fact, loyalty towards their general is much more important to them. To represent this, you may reroll any break test in a radius of 16" around the Paymaster instead of the normal 12".

Hardened
The character is a veteran hardened by so much combat his martial prowess is above normal. He receives a bonus of +1 Combat Resolution.

Trickster
The character is an expert in trickery and makes use of it in the heart of battle. This enables him to always strike first in close combat.

Charismatic Leader
The character inspires such confidence and devotion in his troops that they will follow him to the end of the world and beyond!
Consequently, the General receives a leadership bonus of +1, to a maximum of 10.

Exile
The character has been banished from his native realm. He hates those of his own race for the rejection. Thus, for example, a high elf exile hates all High Elves. The army cannot include any unit of the appropriate race.

Resentment
The character holds a deep resentment towards a particular race, the origins are probably a shameful treason or the massacre of his family. He hates a specific race (choose which). The army cannot include any unit of this race.

Thank you :D

Just wondering, did you use a different less broken English translator or can you read French?

Atrahasis
24-02-2008, 16:17
I can read french, though I'm in no way what you would call fluent.

Braad
25-02-2008, 10:36
That resentment thing sounds a bit nasty if you know in advance what army you are going to face...

Atrahasis
25-02-2008, 11:43
Rerolls to hit in the first round of combat aren't really that nasty on a character who has 4 WS6 S4 attacks and no access to any decent magic weapons.

Red_Lep
25-02-2008, 14:33
Actually, I think it says under the Description paragraph that it says you can take magic items from the characters books. Or it could just be the broken English translator getting my hopes up.

Atrahasis
25-02-2008, 14:40
You're right actually, they're allowed a combination of magic items from their respective book and character traits up to a total of 100 points.