PDA

View Full Version : Skaven GT Heat Army.

Atrahasis
03-10-2005, 21:54
Eshin Sorceror (General)
Warpscroll
Level 2

Eshin Sorceror
Warpscroll
Level 2

Eshin Assassin
Bands of Power
Warpstone Amulet
Smoke Bombs

Eshin Assassin
Warpstone Stars
Smoke Bombs

5 Night Runners
Throwing Stars

5 Night Runners
Throwing Stars

5 Night Runners
Throwing Stars

20 Clanrats
HW+Shield
Musician
Ratling Gun

20 Clanrats @105
HW+Shield
Musician
Warpfire Thrower

2 Rat Swarms

5 Jezzails

5 Jezzails

5 Jezzails

5 Gutter Runers
Tunnelling Team
2 Poisoned Hand Weapons
Poisoned Throwing Stars

Triad
Smoke Bombs

Triad
Smoke Bombs

The Sorcerors hand around with the Clanrats, giving a Ld10 centre. The night runners march block and harass with throwing stars. Gutter Runners pop up on artillery or missile troops. Triads scout and combine charge units for 24 Poisoned S4 attacks. Assassins deploy near sorcerors to be skitterleapt where needed, or scout with triads for extra hitting power.
Jezzails deploy opposite biggest threat and shoot it until it is no longer a threat.

clangerman
03-10-2005, 23:12
Magic defense might be a bit of a problem against some armies, obviously the Assasins, Tunnelers and Triads fill this role to some degree but if you cant kill mages quick you might have a few problems. Esp with big VP units like triads running about, a non LOS spell could prove very costly. Anyway what i'm trying to say is that a couple of scrolls might be better than one of the warpscrolls (which aint bad).

Nice use of the General Loophole in the Eshin list (all the characters should have the assasin special rule, apparently :( ).

It looks funny in my mind but i think you could get it working.

Brother Edwin
03-10-2005, 23:57
At heat one a eshin list was the highest placeing skaven player, I dont know what he was useing thow.

Uchiha Sasuke
04-10-2005, 19:31
Hey there is no loop hole... he is an eshin sorcerer which IS allowed, i would chuck the clanrats for more night/gutter runners so you can take advantage of that special rule cant remember what the name was...

Atrahasis
04-10-2005, 20:58
Hey there is no loop hole... he is an eshin sorcerer which IS allowed, i would chuck the clanrats for more night/gutter runners so you can take advantage of that special rule cant remember what the name was...

Under Cover of Darkness limits the effectiveness of my jezzails and Warpscrolls, is only really useful half the time (ie when I get to go first) and even then can go wrong. I don't beleive in building competitive armies that depend on such an unreliable factor to protect my T3 expensive unarmoured troops.

Ganymede
04-10-2005, 23:16
I don't know how you would fare against a normal skaven army. They would have enough magical stopping power to halt your teleporting, and most likely warpscrolls too. They would probably have just enough magic and shooting to hit your triads with a volley or two of strength 4/5 hits. And they could clog your scouting locations with their own night runners.

clangerman
04-10-2005, 23:24
I know its perfectly legal, just seems silly that the rest of the eshin characters are limited leadership.

Atrahasis
05-10-2005, 15:13
I don't know how you would fare against a normal skaven army. They would have enough magical stopping power to halt your teleporting, and most likely warpscrolls too. They would probably have just enough magic and shooting to hit your triads with a volley or two of strength 4/5 hits. And they could clog your scouting locations with their own night runners.

There'll always be an army that I'll have trouble beating, and I know that a Skaven Magic army will be it, but that's true for most armies. As long as I secure a draw or better, I'll rest on the reults against all the other armies to give me a good placing.

Ganymede
05-10-2005, 16:09
There'll always be an army that I'll have trouble beating, and I know that a Skaven Magic army will be it, but that's true for most armies. As long as I secure a draw or better, I'll rest on the reults against all the other armies to give me a good placing.

I don't necessarily mean a high magic skaven army. A skaven army with 8 casting dice and two ratling guns will do pretty well against it. A lot of armies who have good magic missiles and accurate shooting will hurt this army a bit. Then again, it has an excellent chance of doing well against other kinds of armies.

Otherwise, it is a pretty cool army, its just a bit elite heavy for my taste. That and its a bit too 'came form the SoC book' for my tastes as well, lol.

x-esiv-4c
05-10-2005, 16:43
Looks like a pretty fierce list there. I'd be tempted to drop the warpfire thrower and use another ratling gun.

Atrahasis
06-10-2005, 08:48
Looks like a pretty fierce list there. I'd be tempted to drop the warpfire thrower and use another ratling gun.

I'm torn on the Warpfire thrower - I've used it in 5 competitions and it hasn't killed anything but my own clanrats yet, so I just know that it will do something spectacular eventually.

It keeps the list just this side of evil IMO.