PDA

View Full Version : Dawn of war Soul Storm Demo Question

Crux666
24-02-2008, 17:27
Hello...

Can you only play with the dark eldar with the Soul Storm Demo ? Really want to try sisters of battle..

Thanks

Mr Feral
24-02-2008, 17:42
Hello...

Can you only play with the dark eldar with the Soul Storm Demo ? Really want to try sisters of battle..

Thanks

Yes, but Dark Eldar are fun to play as IMHO.

atlantis
25-02-2008, 14:11
i do like how the DE have been put in

Ozorik
25-02-2008, 17:20
I was unimpressed with them. They are pretty bland to play.

atlantis
25-02-2008, 20:15
i'm just looking foward to playing the final verson as the Guard on the hardest difficulty (did that on DC as my 1st play on it)

untimention
25-02-2008, 20:19
Witch Hunters Mod beta, Dawn of War Downloads, Dawn of War Full Race (http://dawnofwar.filefront.com/file/Witch_Hunters_Mod_beta;86667)

thats allows you play witch hunters on dark crusade... it doesnt give you it all but a taster

Cade
25-02-2008, 22:00
I was unimpressed with them. They are pretty bland to play.

Yeah, the builder units being able to build an entire base at once was pretty damned good but the rest of the Dark Eldar are distinctly meh.

The vehicles suck.

five01st
26-02-2008, 14:07
Well, the fact that you can place your infantry squads in the transport and still SHOOT out of them helps c*** loads. You don't have to worry about most anti-infantry weapons and having like 3 or 4 of the Jump Pack Squads (sorry, but I don't play DE so I don't know the names very well.) equipped fully with Dark Lances proves to be finely balanced and has 14 or so Dark Lances firing. Meh does not include doing a single Jump into an unexpected quarter with your ENTIRE army at ONCE. This is tactical flexibility and recently playing someone on DoW, I used this trick to actually win using SM. I was playing someone who was beating me, until I teleported where he didn't have much defense, and wiped him out before he did so to me.
All in all, I see the Dark Eldar as the army for people who DON'T like to meet in the field of battle but, to skirt the sides, and to strike where it hurts most:evilgrin:. Even though I'm not a DE fan on the table top, I LIKE the DE shown here!

mistformsquirrel
26-02-2008, 14:40
Same five01st; playing the DE in the demo was quite a lot of fun.

My one genuine disappointment was that the "fliers" were essentially just landspeeders; Ie: they hover in place instead of flying off board and coming back for strafing runs.

RavenMorpheus
29-02-2008, 05:37
I thought the demo was poorly put together, the win conditions on mine weren't there for a start, then there's the fact the DE seem overpowered compared to the SM, intentional or not it kind of made the game boring. And the "flier" (note the singular use of the word) was rubbish as well...

untimention
29-02-2008, 06:38
just ordered my copy through play.com 17.99

Outlaw289
29-02-2008, 10:59
then there's the fact the DE seem overpowered compared to the SM

Revenge for the 3rd Edition 40k starter box :p

RavenMorpheus
01-03-2008, 06:13
just ordered my copy through play.com 17.99

I just ordered mine from Amazon.co.uk for 17.98 :p

Dunno why I'm buying it really, I probably won't be able to get all the extra units that the mod community made for DC into the game so I'll end up playing through SS and then ditching it in favour of DC's multiplayer/skirmish mode.

Oh well I guess I must just love 40k RTS games too much...