PDA

View Full Version : Question about Uriel

explodingseashells
25-02-2008, 00:25
Just finished the omnibus, and I can't stop thinking about it. It's bugging the heck out of me. Does anyone know if theres any fluff to indicate Uriel etc made it back? cause i mean....they boarded a demon engine...

Alpharius
25-02-2008, 00:35
I'm pretty sure that there's another Uriel book coming soon...

Ah yes, here it is:

Killing Ground, The by Graham McNeill | The Black Library | Bringing the worlds of Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000 to life. (http://www.blacklibrary.co.uk/product.asp?prod=60100181073&type=Book)

So, just a bit of a wait and most of your questions will be answered!

explodingseashells
25-02-2008, 00:39
hehe ah k thanks heaps for that. I wouldn't even know where to begin looking up this kind of information! ...so from the description, it would seem uriel is coming back! YES!

Vesica
25-02-2008, 01:51
from the cover that might not be uriel but his close friend (cant remeber his name, havnt read the book in about a year or so) because of the missing arm from the elbow, or maybe something happens to uriel 0.o. i hope he survivies intact, hes the only ultramarine i have ever liked.

explodingseashells
25-02-2008, 03:31
Quote from the webpage "Having escaped from the Eye of Terror, Uriel Ventris and Pasanius now face an epic journey through a hostile universe in their quest to get home to Ultramar to safety and redemption."

yeh pasanius is the dude with the missing arm. And yeh Uriel is a really great character. He made me actually like Ultramarines.

Tonberry
25-02-2008, 10:43
I'm glad to know there's a 4th book on it's way

"Having escaped from the Eye of Terror, Uriel Ventris and Pasanius now face an epic journey through a hostile universe in their quest to get home to Ultramar to safety and redemption."

But, according to the map in the BGB, Medrengard isn't actually in the eye...
Or I'm thinking of something else, I'll look it up when I get home.

Lastie
25-02-2008, 10:49
But, according to the map in the BGB, Medrengard isn't actually in the eye...
Or I'm thinking of something else, I'll look it up when I get home.

I had to look this one up myself. You appear to be right, Medrengard does seem to be several hundred light years north of the edge of the Ocularis Terribus (Eye of Terror to you and I). Maybe Perturabo liked a place with a scenic view ...

Tonberry
25-02-2008, 10:53
Yay, I'm not going crazy! Maybe I should just keep quite none-the-less so as not to ruin the atmosphere of the book >.<

Super Ninja
25-02-2008, 22:10
I concur, Uriel and Passanius were the characters that eased my prejudice against the Ultras. I wonder how hard it could be for them to get back to ultramar? Cant they just link up with some other imperial guys and hitch a ride acros the galay? Naw... it cant be that easy. Looks like a cool novel, Im gonna have to get it.

explodingseashells
25-02-2008, 23:07
I'm sure it would be easy to hitch a ride with some imperials if, somehow, the daemon engine they climbed aboard actually took them out of the eye of terror and somewhere close to an imperial world. However that would still leave them to explain the 'unfleshed' that hitched a ride with them.

Champion of the Emperor
25-02-2008, 23:31
i thought he died, since it says that honsou's new champion had the features of uriel, and i just guessed honsou skinned uriel and slapped the skin onto the newborn.

explodingseashells
25-02-2008, 23:33
nah he threw uriel into a giant baby making daemon machine, and pretty much cloned uriel. :S

Champion of the Emperor
25-02-2008, 23:43
what? where does it say that? the part where he goes to the daemonculba?

Khaine's Messenger
26-02-2008, 02:20
When Honsou orders Uriel's womb-mate fleshed, he has that sort of "I wonder..." look to his face in the description. Given the reveal at the end of the novel, it's quite likely that Uriel's womb-buddy looks like him (albeit with stitched-on skin). Hence the clone comment.

Anyway, I personally dislike Uriel and have prayed for his untimely demise ever since I found out that he was excommunicated...but the stories woven around him are decent enough, and I feel really sorry for Pasanius having to follow him around. :p

Spartan
26-02-2008, 08:34
what? where does it say that? the part where he goes to the daemonculba?

Spoiler Alert
>
>
>
>
>
Yeah it is that entire part where he gets stitched in the belly then smashes out and goes to help the Space Marines strap down, it is the whole reason the unfleshed dont kill them is he smells of the mother, but his dna was cloned and Honsou gets himself a new champion, cloned Uriel with stitched on skin.

Tonberry
26-02-2008, 09:38
I'm sure it would be easy to hitch a ride with some imperials if, somehow, the daemon engine they climbed aboard actually took them out of the eye of terror and somewhere close to an imperial world.

Medrengard isn't actually in The Eye, so it should be pretty simple as long as the Daemon train thing allows it to be.

explodingseashells
26-02-2008, 10:41
Medrengard isn't actually in The Eye, so it should be pretty simple as long as the Daemon train thing allows it to be.

yeh exactly. they are in a daemon engine, i mean. how the hell do they control it? thats what gets me. Also what makes you think medrengard isnt in the eye?
WH40K Starmap (http://www.joachim-adomeit.de/wh40k/spacemap/map.html) shows it as almost in the center :S or am i reading it wrong.

Also, if anyone can answer. what was with pasanius's arm, like i know it was a self repairing thing, but like, why was it self repairing? i never really got that..

Tonberry
26-02-2008, 11:05
yeh exactly. they are in a daemon engine, i mean. how the hell do they control it? thats what gets me. Also what makes you think medrengard isnt in the eye?
WH40K Starmap (http://www.joachim-adomeit.de/wh40k/spacemap/map.html) shows it as almost in the center :S or am i reading it wrong.

Also, if anyone can answer. what was with pasanius's arm, like i know it was a self repairing thing, but like, why was it self repairing? i never really got that..

In the map in the BGB Medrengard isn't in the Eye, that link is a fanfic as far as I know, they probably moved it to make more sense? Check out the map in your rulebook.

And about the arm *spoilers*
It was cut off by a Nightbringer, and thus, somehow, the replacement bionic was 'infected', becoming akin to Necron self repairing living metal.

explodingseashells
26-02-2008, 11:48
ahhh i c. cool makes sense. Thanks for the answers folks!

Korak
27-02-2008, 10:32
I just reread the first two novels of the Ultramarines.
In the first novel it was mentioned that the people on the planet (forgot the name, Pavonis I think) where the Nightbringer was entombed used "strange" metal to make tools and weapons. The metal never dulled and repaired itself.
It is the same metal the arm of Pasanius is made of.
I think this is metal taken from the Necron tomb (probably his ship) that was burried there.
So in conclusion, the arm was made of Necron steel, not a normal replacement that was effected.

Just my interpetation.

Vesica
27-02-2008, 12:14
I remeber honsou now, how cool and refreshing was he as a villian? hmmm might make a Iron warriors force now.

*Possible spoilers below*

I hope they make it back to ultimar, but i cant see it been that easy. also if they have no chapter markings wont they be killed on site or arrested by any loyalists? and i wonder if honsou will be in the new book? and what happened to the SM's that joined him, i think their was a few wasnt their.

Spacewolves vs Thousandsons
27-02-2008, 14:00

the self repairing arm may have something to do with his fight against the night bringer or at least thats what i thought. they never really explained that to much.

as to the returning to ultramar they may not have any chapter markings on them but if i remeber correctly their armor is still the ultramarines color...... cant remember do either of them still have any of their armor?

Crazy Tom
27-02-2008, 16:35
Y'know, if word gets out that they travelled - willingly - on a daemon engine, the Ordo Malleus will go all 'Stop! Hammer Time!' on their asses faster than you can say 'chaos taint'. Hell, even if they were forced onto the train in the first place, the Inquisition would still want a word with them. And by 'word' I mean 'lengthy torture session'. And there's also: 'Oh, and how exactly did Khorne's favorite Bloodthirster escape from his entrapment? What's that? You released it? That's interesting.'

Tonberry
27-02-2008, 17:01
And the whole cavorting with mutants thing and Pasanius' obvious taint...
I smell a serious =][= shaped ass whooping.

Luthien
27-02-2008, 17:10
What! Marines Being Bad Mouthed!! Surely Not!!!
Heh i hope your right though about the =][= i loves em. One of the most interesting facets of the IoM IMO

explodingseashells
28-02-2008, 01:06
May contain spoilers...

The Ultramarines Omnibus really opened my eyes to the Emperium. Particularly to the outright tyrannical nature of the inquisition. Not to mention that douche vannes. I mean, giant skinless mutants made by chaos in pregnant mutant women were more loyal to the emperor and upheld more honour than Vannes.

I would also like to think they make it back, but as I have stated, they are on a daemon train. So theres a few problems with that. How do they control it? and even if they could control it...where could they land it that wouldn't attract attention...

Seeing a large daemon train appear to tear into space from the warp, and crash into the fortress on maccrage. Then having 6-9 skinless mutants crawl out and howl "must eat flesh!"....THEN having the two banished ultramarines step out to greet marneus calgar....it may not look too good for Pasanius and Uriel.

Also thanks for clearing that up about his arm. But um, how is it the mechanics on pavonis were able to 'sculpt' with this living metal to create the arm. how could they even start cutting it up?

Korak
28-02-2008, 06:54
But um, how is it the mechanics on pavonis were able to 'sculpt' with this living metal to create the arm. how could they even start cutting it up?

I have no idea how they use the metal. It isn't explained in the books. Just that they use it.

Spartan
28-02-2008, 08:46
But um, how is it the mechanics on pavonis were able to 'sculpt' with this living metal to create the arm. how could they even start cutting it up?

I would guess they would melt it down like any normal metal. Remember the dude who had the sword whose village got smashed was made of the same metal. I think the metal can be damaged but after a small time it repairs so initially it can be cut mined whatever then melted down fasioned into a new shape, sword arm axe whatever, just like normal metal.

Gimp
28-02-2008, 09:13
I remeber honsou now, how cool and refreshing was he as a villian? hmmm might make a Iron warriors force now.

Honsou is the best villian ever. I really like his old body guard to Onix the possessed marine he was very different from the ones in the game.