PDA

View Full Version : who's deathwatch?

daemonhuntermoe
18-04-2005, 03:19
Who are the deathwatch? Where could I find their rules? BTW, is there anywhere I could find them off the net? Just asking that last one cause so often on the GW sites they have the rules for different races etc like the Kroot and the Creature Feature and all the FAQs and such are on the GW sites, so I thought perhaps the Deathwatch would perhaps be on the net. Could be wrong though.

inquisitorautry
18-04-2005, 03:23
The Deathwatch is the military arm (ordo militant) of the ordo xenos inquisitors. Many chapters of SM have members volunteer to serve as deathwatch in order to help out the Imperium and to learn new ways to kill aliens. From what I understand it is a great honor to serve. As for the rules, they were in a WD a while back and were reprinted in one of the CA compilation books (can't remember which one though).

Strikerkc
18-04-2005, 03:24
CA2003

They're the ordo militant of the ordo xenos (Like SOB for hereticus, and grey knights for maleous). They're a voluntere organisation. Marines from almost every space marine chapter voluntere to serve for the DW for a certain amount of time. In return they are shown special tactics and stratagies for use against xenos threats. They then take these skills back to their chapter and help instruct their battle brothers in fighting xenos. :)

Morgan Keyes
18-04-2005, 03:25
They are the Chamber Militant of the Ordo Xenos. They are drawn from various chapters of the Adeptus Astartes and work in small assault teams (so far as we have seen). A Space Marine does a couple of years of service in Deathwatch and then is released back to their chapter, able to pass on the techniques and knowledge.

I can't recall the specific White Dwarf, but the info is in Chapter Approved: 2003 .

daemonhuntermoe
18-04-2005, 04:18
What about finding it on the net?

inquisitorautry
19-04-2005, 01:20
Try Google, it's possible that they are out there somewhere.

Evilmerlin
19-04-2005, 11:37
They get really funky bolter ammo as well! And they get a super duper funky heavy bolter! Assault 3!

Morgan Keyes
19-04-2005, 14:28
What about finding it on the net?

I've Googled it m'self and haven't seen the rules for a Deathwatch Killteam posted online. So it looks like you will either have to wait for "Codex: Xenos-Hunters" (or whatever they're gonna call it), or do what others of us have done, bite the bullet and pay for Chapter Approved 2003.