PDA

View Full Version : Flesh Tearers Travel

Latro_
25-02-2008, 12:10
Right,

The fluff talks of the FT's having deviated alot from codex and are pretty much a dedicated assault force. I'm just wondering what people's opinion is as to the way they'd 'roll'. The heavy use of jump packs does not sit too well in my head. I imagine them going into battle as a rage tag bolters or bolt pistols an ccw's in rhinos or just plain walking it.

what you guys think?

Progena
25-02-2008, 12:38
Their Index Astartes article, Index Astartes Blood Angels & Flesh Tearers (http://uk.games-workshop.com/spacemarines/bloodangels-indexastartes/1/) (See: Combat Doctrine), mentions that even though they keep few armored fighting vehicles, they do have a considerable amount of armored transport vehicles such as Rhino's and Razorbacks.

The Flesh Tearers don't really fit the idea of the Emperor's Vengeful Angels decending upon the unrighteous on wings of fire. They're more the Emperors psycotic driveby-killers leaping out of their super-charged Rhinos, slaughering anything capable of breathing and moving on. Go with the Rhinos and Razorbacks.

Latro_
25-02-2008, 13:50
yea thats what i was thinking. I cant see them gracefully swooping from the sky.

Thing is i'm thinking of using the chaos codex for them so your bog standard marine had a bolter, bolt pistol and CCW, I think this would provide that slight codex to assault deviation without going down the jump packers or assault squads in rhino feel.

Mark of khorne for normal units, Bezerkers as death company :P my thinking behind this is of course the FT's have alot more chaps fall to the black rage so with using the bezerker rules you get to take more of them.

CrimsonTider
25-02-2008, 15:24
Actually, that plan sounds pretty good to me. I can see it working well. Good luck with it!

Earthbeard
25-02-2008, 15:30
Sounds like a good idea to me, the only issue you would have is Chaos doesn't allow razorbacks. While not that great a machine can does provide heavy assualt armies a slightly better anti-armour punch.

But I like the idea as Chaos count as.

Gorbad Ironclaw
25-02-2008, 15:52
A Rhino with a Havoc launcher could substitute for a Razorback if you wanted. True it's not quite the same, but it's an option if you want it.

Imperialis_Dominatus
25-02-2008, 17:32
Bezerkers as death company :P my thinking behind this is of course the FT's have alot more chaps fall to the black rage so with using the bezerker rules you get to take more of them.

Haha, I have the same idea for my Chapter (Skull Champ with power weapon as a minor Chaplain of sorts). Good luck with it, the Chaos Codex is very fun, even if you don't do all the daemonic thingies.

I was thinking once of representing Spawn with some berzerker-style units (not the Khornate ones, but the Norse style 'I'm wearing a bear skin and not much else!' guys). Then I realized that a) they'd probably be beyond my modeling skill and b) Spawn generally fail.

Champion of the Emperor
26-02-2008, 00:09
The Flesh Tearers don't really fit the idea of the Emperor's Vengeful Angels decending upon the unrighteous on wings of fire. They're more the Emperors psycotic driveby-killers leaping out of their super-charged Rhinos, slaughering anything capable of breathing and moving on. Go with the Rhinos and Razorbacks.

thats hilarious:)

Corax
26-02-2008, 06:13
Think Orks in power armour! :angel:

GodofWarTx
26-02-2008, 12:28
I think the regular marine codex traited out could provide you with your Furious Charge Flesh Tearers. Far more so than the "new" BA "codex" would give you.