PDA

View Full Version : Beasts on a whim

TK421
25-02-2008, 21:52
So there's a tournament coming up this weekend and due to my complete lack of success with my High Elves lately a buddy and I have decided to switch armies for the day. He's using my Elves and I'm using his Beasts of Chaos, an army I've never used before. So this should be entertaining at least :D

First things first, I'm hoping that I've made a legal list, I think I've got it all done correctly?
Number two, how does it look? The general plan is to have the 2 cheaper Beast Herds Ambush along with the Darkoth Shaman and he'll hopefully be able to get one of them to charge on the turn they show up. The Warhounds screen the Minotaurs and generally get in the way and allow the big bulls to flank while the remaining Beast Herd and Bestigors form a center with the Giant and hope to hold on until help arrives.
Of course, if I'm playing against someone who isn't leaving anything behind for me to Ambush everything will start on table.

2k Beasts of Chaos:

Beastlord
Mark of Undivided, Great Weapon, Heavy Armour,
Pelt of the Dark Young, Horn of the Great Hunt
= 167

Bray-Shaman
Lv 2, Mark of Undivided, Staff of Darkoth, Power Stone
= 160

Bray-Shaman
Mark of Undivided, Lv 2, Power Familiar
= 160

Total Characters= 487
-------------------------------

20 Bestigors
Mark of Undivided, Full Command, Banner of Wrath
= 320

Beast Herd
10 Gors - Two Hand Weapons, 10 Ungors - Spears
Full Command
= 145

Beast Herd
10 Gors - Two Hand Weapons, 10 ungors - Spears
Foe-Render
= 130

Beast Herd
10 Gors - Two Hand Weapons, 10 ungors - Spears
Foe-Render
= 130

Tuskgor Chariot
= 85

5 Warhounds
= 30

5 Warhounds
= 30

5 Warhounds
= 30

Total Core = 900
-----------------------------

4 Minotaurs
Great Weapons, Mark of Tzeentch
= 204

4 Minotaurs
Great Weapons, Mark of Tzeentch
= 204

Total Special = 408
------------------------------

Chaos Giant
= 205

Total Rare = 205
-------------------------------

Toal Army = 2000
Power = 9 + 1 Bound + 1 Stone
Dispel = 5

Jack of Blades
25-02-2008, 22:04
Minotaurs can only have the same Mark as your General.

I'm really not a fan of the Pelt of the Dark Young... just take Gaze of the Gods instead. The medium-magic could be successful depending on what lores you're going, so what lores are you going? Anyway, I'd find a way to drop in a third Wizard in there. Perhaps by dropping the Giant or a unit of Minotaurs. Just personal opinion here, but two units is kinda overkill.

Bestigor are an incredible point sink, I'd advice you to swap them out for an ordinary unit. But if you wanna keep 'em go ahead. Tuskgor Chariot looking good, Warhounds too.

I don't like the list very much, but it's 2000 points so can't really change more than some options here and there. You can drop a unit of Warhounds for every changes I suggested.

TK421
25-02-2008, 22:13
Doh, I thought I was being too sneaky with those marked Minotaurs. Should've known it was too good to be true.

Oh well, I'll just go back to the original draft of the list that had a couple Marks of Slaanesh instead. One on the Shaman so I can use the delicious Lore of Pleasure and then another on the Bestigors to make it legal.

The other Shaman is going to likely use Shadow Magic then as having Unseen Lurker along with the Staff could possibly get both Ambush units to charge the turn they show and other spells in the lore would be useful as well (Creeping Death, Crown of Taidron am Steed of Shadows together)