PDA

View Full Version : 1000 point Dwarf army

Grom Wronghand
25-02-2008, 23:31
Heroes/Lords

Thane
Shield
Master Rune of Alaric the Mad (no armour saves allowed), Rune of Resistance (re-roll failed armour saves)

Core

20 Longbeards
Shields
Full Command
(Runic Standard of MR 1)

20 Warriors
Shields
Full Command

16 Thunderers
Full Command

Special

N/A

Rare

1 Organ Gun

Any suggestions as to what I could do to better this list I'd appreciate greatly. I'd also like opinions on what I could replace the Longbeard's Runic standard with.

AFoolProofPlan
26-02-2008, 05:18
Thane
Shield
Master Rune of Alaric the Mad (no armour saves allowed), Rune of Resistance (re-roll failed armour saves)
Woah, This little fella is expensive. MroAlaric isn't that great most of the times since you won't be dealing very many heavily armoured opponents. Unless of course, you're fighting Brets.
Just a mundane GW and MroGromril will be good enough on this guy.

Core

20 Longbeards
Shields
Full Command
(Runic Standard of MR 1)
You might be able to get away with just 15 of these guys at 1k. RoBattle will be a nice addition, and drop the unit champ

20 Warriors
Shields
Full Command

16 Thunderers
Full Command
These guys cost over 200 pts!!! Way to expensive for what they're going to do. If you want a shooty infantry, take 10 with shields and no command. These guys should only serve as a support/counter charge during combat, aside from shooting. I generally prefer Quarrellers though, since they are cheaper and have longer range.

Special

N/A
A Bolt Thrower is absolutely devastating in a small point game. For just 60 pts, you can have a S6 BT that hits on 3s, and 4s. One of the most efficient thing you can buy.

Rare

1 Organ Gun

Anyways, some of the things I said should save you some points here and there. So you can fiddle around with that and come up with what you like. Hope this helped

Conotor
26-02-2008, 12:23
Id say take out the organ gun and the runic standard to add some thunderers and split them into 2 units.