PDA

View Full Version : 2k Mercenary Elves vs. Lizardmen-- fluffy batrep

Lord of Nonsensical Crap
27-02-2008, 17:24
Hey ho, everyone. A few months back, I played my second ever game with High Elves against one of my friends' Lizardmen armies. Seeing as we were both of a literary bent, we co-wrote a fluffy battle report.

Link (http://z13.invisionfree.com/Rezephua/index.php?showtopic=267&st=0&#last)

Enjoy!

zak
27-02-2008, 19:07
Excellent report. I thought the Elves were toast.

SevenSins
27-02-2008, 19:35
wow! quite a read, but well worth the time!

N810
28-02-2008, 14:43
Wow excelent battle report...
one of the best I've read
so far... too bad about
the Lizardmen loosing,
I real thought they where going to win.

riven5
28-02-2008, 16:41
Amazing battle report, really tremendous quality. Gotta say despite the hate being poured onto the HE these days I still see them as the underdogs in most battles, and this one was no different. Great to see the way those rolls played out in the battle report too.

I especially like the part about the chariot crew squabbling over whose fault it was that they crashed :)

Lord of Nonsensical Crap
28-02-2008, 19:27
Amazing battle report, really tremendous quality. Gotta say despite the hate being poured onto the HE these days I still see them as the underdogs in most battles, and this one was no different. Great to see the way those rolls played out in the battle report too.

I especially like the part about the chariot crew squabbling over whose fault it was that they crashed :)

Lol, yeah, that part was written by Chili. All the Lizardmen turns were written by Chili, while I wrote all of the High Elf parts.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Famder
11-03-2008, 05:09
I must say I was distraught when I read about the death of the Oldblood. No Old One reject should be able to best the best of warriors. I like the story, but felt the Epilogue was a bit of a cop out. I also commend you on taking advantage of some major tactical errors, true High Elf style.

All in all, loved the battle report even if I was rooting for the losing side. I also loved the names like Anqipanqi and Lotl-Botl. True old school Lizardmen naming.

sainthale1988
11-03-2008, 15:49
a realy nice batrep, but thats the second time you have a cop out of a 'real' fight (magic play fighting and now a dream hum.......) but well written as always (what's happend to your lizard log? why no update?) and i LOVE the map! where do you get it from?

Glorfindel
17-03-2008, 11:20
Excellent report, really loved to read it :)

Arguleon-veq
19-03-2008, 20:36
That was fantastic. Bit gutted about it being a dream though. Was that to keep some future narrative running with your friends force?

Lord of Nonsensical Crap
20-03-2008, 00:09
Pretty much. That, and both of our characters are regulars on the RP site he runs-- it would screw up quite a bit of the fluff we've built up if either of them died.