PDA

View Full Version : synapse Nids ?

bluedwaggin
18-04-2005, 05:11
How has the rules of synapse changed? Is it still 12 inches from a creature that has it. and those out side need to make a leader ship check?

zealousheretic
18-04-2005, 21:15
My understanding is that Synapse range is unchanged (I've heard no rumors at all as to it's range, so I'm assuming it's unchanged). However, creatures outside synapse are apparently going to behave differently.

According to rumor, creatures out of synapse only make a leadership check if they try to move (no idea whether that extends to fleeting or assaulting, wouldn't surprise me if it did). They can opt to "lurk" instead of moving. We don't know what that does. It may improve their cover saves, but don't count on it. The important thing is that creatures that lurk can still fire any ranged weapons they may have.

Slight improvement, I think, and in line with the intent of the new 'dex, to make shooty gaunts more appealing.

Though I am going to miss those moments when my hormagaunts responded to being beated in CC by counting as charging next turn...

Inquisitor Engel
18-04-2005, 21:34
As I understnad it, those out of synapse range have changed to basically give you the choice of 3, rather than rolling randomly.

Nurgling Chieftain
18-04-2005, 23:26
As I understnad it, those out of synapse range have changed to basically give you the choice of 3, rather than rolling randomly.
:eek: Eeek! Suddenly it's going to be, no DON'T shoot the big ones!

Inquisitor Engel
18-04-2005, 23:51
:eek: Eeek! Suddenly it's going to be, no DON'T shoot the big ones!
There's only 3 options, and IIRC none of those are the "Charge forwards" one we had before.

Brimstone
19-04-2005, 07:54

Yup if ALL models are out of 12" synapse range at the start of their movement phase then you have three choices.

Movement (as normal) - Pass a Ld test otherwise fall back as if you had failed a morale test.

Lurk - Remain stationary but you can fire, you get +1 to any cover saves you make (except TMC's).

Fall back towards nearest synapse creature.

Scythe
19-04-2005, 10:01
Still, it doesn't sound too bad then. Choose the effects sounds like a rather good deal to me. Lurk seens pretty nice for shooty small nids. Does this mean that they get a 6+ cover save in the open? And the Ld only comes in to play when you choose movement... a nice change in my opinion. Altough I'm not sure if fall back towarths nearest synapse creature has much added value above the standard movement option.

Brimstone
19-04-2005, 10:26
Does this mean that they get a 6+ cover save in the open?

No it just helps any cover save you may already be claiming.

Altough I'm not sure if fall back towarths nearest synapse creature has much added value above the standard movement option.

I don't actually think this is an option on 2nd reading it's just if you do have to fall back then you head towards the nearest synapse creature rather than the table edge.

Scythe
19-04-2005, 10:38
That would make sense I guess. Fall back or leadership test and if failed fall back sounds like quite a no-brainer option to me, even if the fall back direction might be different sometimes.

The Beast
19-04-2005, 12:42
Would it be considered fall back though if the winged tyrant was already in cc with the enemy? Wouldn't it be fall forward then? =)

Scythe
20-04-2005, 10:48
That's correct, but that would be the only (very small) advantage over normal movement then. Would make winged hive tyrants and winged warriors a bit nicer tough.