PDA

View Full Version : break tests

Mabuhay
28-02-2008, 20:16
i play at my buddy's house who owns the rule book so i cant just look.
but do you still take break tests as normal if your immune to psycology?

Snowboard_Soldier
28-02-2008, 20:23
Yes. There is a difference between break tests and psychology tests, and it states this in the Psychology section of the rulebook.

If a unit or character is immune to psychology or immune to panic, this does not mean that they are unbreakable. Only units classed as "unbreakable" are immune to break tests.

Feefait
28-02-2008, 20:36
Also, if you are immune to psychology due to say Frany, that is lost a soon as you lose combat. A break check is still in order, but you are also no longer frenzied or immune to psychology as a result. Losing combat with frenzied troops sucks a lot. :)

Snowboard_Soldier
28-02-2008, 20:40
Really? Where does it say that? Must have missed it...

Festus
29-02-2008, 05:15
Hi

Also, if you are immune to psychology due to say Frany, that is lost a soon as you lose combat. A break check is still in order, but you are also no longer frenzied or immune to psychology as a result. Losing combat with frenzied troops sucks a lot. :)
This is partly nonsense, I am afaid:

Only Frenzy will be lost if you lose combat. All other Psy wil carry on, including Immune to Psychology.

Festus

kroq'gar
29-02-2008, 06:27
Hi

This is partly nonsense, I am afaid:

Only Frenzy will be lost if you lose combat. All other Psy wil carry on, including Immune to Psychology.

Festus

I think he means immune to psychology due to frenzy.

Grimgormx
29-02-2008, 18:29
The only advantage from a Inmune to psicology unit when it loses a combat is that if it is fighting a fear causing unit you can use your leadership with the regular modifiers, you dont need snake eyes automatically to keep fighting.

but yes, you still have to take a break test.

Festus
29-02-2008, 19:55
I think he means immune to psychology due to frenzy.
Oh, yes, as a subset of the rules for Frenzy, the accompanying ItP will be lost alongside the Frenzy if beaten in combat.
You are right, of course.

Festus