PDA

View Full Version : Dragons and hard cover.

juample
29-02-2008, 09:15
Has hard cover a Dragon behind a rock(big impassable stone-like scenery) in the same way that a building corner or a wall provides cover?

Gorbad Ironclaw
29-02-2008, 10:41
Eh?

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking here? If you are asking if a dragon would be in hard cover behind a big rock then I'd say likely. But as with any terrain, it's really best to ask your opponent beforehand as it's really variable and it would depend on the size of the rock etc. as well.

theunwantedbeing
29-02-2008, 10:46
Yes, he can get the to hit modifier for it.
Although he is still +1 to hit for being a large target.

Dragons find it fairly tricky to hide behind well....anything.

juample
29-02-2008, 11:01
Eh?

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking here? If you are asking if a dragon would be in hard cover behind a big rock then I'd say likely. But as with any terrain, it's really best to ask your opponent beforehand as it's really variable and it would depend on the size of the rock etc. as well.

Sure, we assum the shoting unit has line of sight and can see the Dragon.

Yes, he can get the to hit modifier for it.
Although he is still +1 to hit for being a large target.

Well i know terrain rules are always confusing and some times triky.

Dragons find it fairly tricky to hide behind well....anything.

But a brik/rock wall, gives hard cover to a infantry, to a cavalry to a ogre sized too... and rules of cover states "considered in cover if mor than half model are in cover"... also the cover rules start with the word "troops" what do you think of this? Amounted dragon is "troop" :D

theunwantedbeing
29-02-2008, 11:11
If he fits the requirements then he gets the modifier....if not, he doesnt.

T10
29-02-2008, 12:47
The rule book does not treat Large Target models different from regular sized models with regards to terrain.

Take Gorbad's suggestion and come to an agreement with your opponent, if not before the game then at least before moving your dragon up behind a wall under the assumption that it will in fact provide hard cover.

Note that there is no reason *not* to allow cover: the +1 to hit for being a Large Target still factors in, making it easier to hit than a regular or skirmishing model.

-T10

Nurgling Chieftain
29-02-2008, 20:11
...Though a dragon hiding behind a 3' wall looks kind of silly.

T10
29-02-2008, 21:36

Silly or not, it turns a regular 3+ to hit to a 5+. Even Dragons appreciate that.

-T10

Benigno (WE)
01-03-2008, 16:02
In the name of fair play, I would ask the opponent that, the large rock, should be a hard cover for 'regular troops', but light cover for other large stuff, like dragons and such stuff.

T10
01-03-2008, 17:30
I wouldn't immediately agree that it would be fair.

The difficulty to hit any given model is already accounted for by a separate modifer: -1 to hit skirmishers, +0 for regular troops, +1 for large targets.

I don't see how it would be fair to penalize models twice over.

-T10

xragg
02-03-2008, 12:22

Some dragons really enjoy doing the worm.