Cauldron of blood (205)

Total 1993
Total Models 71
DD 5 + 2 scrolls
PD 3

Comments?

Col. Dash
29-02-2008, 23:48
Umm whats the purpose of the 2 units of 10 warriors with a musician? If you are going to use a unit of 10 then give them repeaters so they can do something, oherwise put them together so they have some ranks. I would go with the repeaters myself just because I hate spearmen and dont think they have a place in the DE. At 2k you are going to get stomped magically because you only have 2 scrolls. Give your magelings a purpose and equip one with a darkstar cloak and the other with the seal of ghrond. Pick their lores appropriately, I go with shadow with the seal and dark with the cloak. Throw your offensive mage on a steed and keep her with one of the DR units. Good luck with the cauldren, my lists are too mobile to make use of it effectively.

5h1v
01-03-2008, 00:22
The two units of 10 are there for baiting I would like to give them RxB but cant find were to get the points from. I already have the seal on the Noble so cant have it twice, the sorceress are only there for DD and and the seal is on the highborn so if I lose a character I only lose 1 DD I could lose a sorceress but then I would also lose a DD which i thought was not worth it but with the points freed up I could get RxB's for the warriors but I don't know I will try it and see. :)

Uriain
01-03-2008, 02:57
Its just my opinion, but I would trade out the 2 lvl 2's for a lvl 3 with 2 scrolls and the Seal. then get 2 Nobles with whatever weapons you want (draich of Dark Power or Crimson Death are good choices) and put them in charriots. That way the General (one of the nobles) can be in range for the other two who do not have nobles in the. Though personally, I would drop 2 CoC and get 2 Bolt Throwers, as your units are not very big in this list, so they can use all the help they can get for when they actually do get into combat. a Charriot/Witch Elf unit makes a powerful combo, especially with the CoB. a Unit of DR or warriors on the flank for good measure, and thats a surefire break test on double ones. The thing is that you need to take out warmachines and heavy units like knights/dragons etc.

5h1v
01-03-2008, 14:42
I do like the idea of a lvl 3 but as its a lord may as well go lvl 4 but then i could not have a lord on D.Peg with the Gauntlet, this is my usual way of knocking out knights as at str 8 and a -5 save thats at best a 6+ for knights and no save for infantry.

I could do this

High Sorceress (368)
Lvl 4
Dark steed
2 dispel scroll
seal of ghrond
darkstar cloak

Noble (183)
H.Armour
Shield
SDC
Halberd
Chariot
Spears

Noble (183)
H.Armour
Shield
SDC
Halberd
Chariot
Spears

10 warriors (85)
Shield
Mu

10 warriors (85)
Shield
Mu

5 Dark Riders (127)
RxB
Mu

5 Dark Riders (127)
RxB
Mu

5 Dark Riders (127)
RxB
Mu

12 Witchelves (156)

12 Witchelves (156)

Cold One chariot (97)
Spears

Cauldron of Blood (205)

Repeater Bolt Thrower (100)

Total cost 1999
Total Models 72
PD 7
DD 5 + 2 scrolls

any thoughts now?

connorz
01-03-2008, 19:03
no couldron its too many points take another bolt thrower instead and your warriors with rcb they are rubbish in units of 10 trust me on this

5h1v
01-03-2008, 19:09
Why do you think the cauldron is so poor?
The idea of the warriors is so they can either flank or bait and at 85pts a pop they are throw away units I don't expect much from them but in combat they can negate 3 ranks and get me a flank bonus and with a mediocre save of 4+ in CC they will hopefully survive and not have the downfall that zombies can sometimes cause.