PDA

View Full Version : BoC: Magic Heavy

BoosterX
29-02-2008, 19:34
2000 pts...

Great Bray Shaman lvl 4
Bray shaman lvl 2 x 3

Now... What items do you dress your casters with. What break down of lores...

How would you play your characters? Put 2 in a herd and the other 2 in another herd?

Protect them from challenges with foe renders...

I haven't had a lot of success with Shadow lore... most because they were lvl 2 casters. Perhaps on a lvl 4 it would go better.

SevenSins
29-02-2008, 20:22
Staff of darkoth certainly, shadow is good as well as beasts if your lucky and get the movement spell (wolf hunt?)
Consider taking marked shamen perhaps? A couple with the lore of slaanesh for instance? (If you give your great shaman MoS you can always through in a unit of slaanbulls to meet the required unit)

BoosterX
29-02-2008, 20:55
Staff of darkoth certainly, shadow is good as well as beasts if your lucky and get the movement spell (wolf hunt?)
Consider taking marked shamen perhaps? A couple with the lore of slaanesh for instance? (If you give your great shaman MoS you can always through in a unit of slaanbulls to meet the required unit)

Hmm from what I read you only need marked units to meet marks of other characters that do not have the mark of your general.

If your General is marked Nurgle, you don't need any nurgle units as long as every other char is undivided or nurgle.

SevenSins
01-03-2008, 11:00
you need one marked unit for each marked character (the exception beeing MoCU). If your general has nurgle every marked unit/marked character can only have undivided or nurgle.
My thinking lies in slaanesh being a very powerful lore....

skank
01-03-2008, 12:11
sevensins is right about marks and also about slaaneshi magic being awesome. i would give the GBS the mark of slaanesh and the others beastlore and maybe death.
Beastlore is great, low casting values and some of the best spells in the game (beast cowers), cast it first to draw DD then hit with the slaaneshi nastiness.

BoosterX
01-03-2008, 15:50
Page 51 of the BoC book. Only states you need a unit marked with the same mark of your characters that do not have the same mark as your General.

So if your General is Khorne, your other characters have to be MoCU or Khorne. You don't need a marked unit to have a marked General of Khorne. All your other characters can be Khorne as well and all your units in the army can be MoCU.

Belerophon709
01-03-2008, 16:18
you need one marked unit for each marked character (the exception beeing MoCU). If your general has nurgle every marked unit/marked character can only have undivided or nurgle.
My thinking lies in slaanesh being a very powerful lore....

Correction: You need a marked unit of the same type for every type of mark present on your characters, with the exception of MoCU.

For instance, it is enough to have a single unit with the Mark of Slaanesh, even if you have four characters with the mark. You don't need four units with the Mark of Slaanesh to include four characters with the Mark of Slaanesh.

BoosterX
01-03-2008, 17:02
Correction: You need a marked unit of the same type for every type of mark present on your characters, with the exception of MoCU.

For instance, it is enough to have a single unit with the Mark of Slaanesh, even if you have four characters with the mark. You don't need four units with the Mark of Slaanesh to include four characters with the Mark of Slaanesh.

If your general is mark Khorne, all your characters can be Khorne as well. You do not need a unit with the mark of khorne in this case.

If your General is MoCU and you want 1 character with mark of khorne than you will need 1 unit with the Mark of Khorne as well.

Plus Armybuilder agrees with me ;)

Lord_of_end_times
01-03-2008, 17:09
This is right from the BOC book:

1. "If your general has the mark of Khorne, Nurgle, Slaanesh, or Tzeentch, then other characters and units in the army may only have the same Mark (or be Chaos Undivided)."

2. "If your general worships Chaos Undivided then you may mix other Marks in your army freely, with the following exception - you may only give a Mark to a character if the army also contains a unit or chariot with the same Mark (other than a spawn of chaos)."

No were in rule 1 does it say you must take one unit marked with the same mark as your General. It says they have to be the same Mark or be Chaos Undivided, so either or.

Rule 2 only applies to you IF your general is Chaos Undivided. Rule 2 is were the 1 to 1 takes place

So BoosterX If your general has a mark you can choose to give the rest of your army either that mark or Chaos Undivided. So if you choose that you do not want a marked unit you don't have to.

BoosterX
01-03-2008, 19:08
Thank God I was thinking I was illiterate ;)

W0lf
01-03-2008, 21:26
And thus why in Gods name would you not take slaanesh shamans?

They are just too good not too.

BoosterX
02-03-2008, 01:03
On a lvl 2 I don't think Slaanesh is that great because of high casting values.

Lord_of_end_times
02-03-2008, 03:32
Yeah, or the level 2's go beast or shadow. One Love

BoosterX
02-03-2008, 04:24
I wish Nurgle didn't suck so bad... I'm really becoming fond of him... ;)

Lord_of_end_times
02-03-2008, 12:56
Yeah I am a follower of Grandfather Nurlge. I only can hope they don't mess him up more with the new books coming. One Love