PDA

View Full Version : Monitor Help

Charax
01-03-2008, 10:02
I have a Yusmart 178GP-C LCD monitor, it came with my PC about a year ago and has worked fine...until last week.

Now, whenever there's a cut in the VGA signal (from restarting the PC, or using an unpowered KVM switch, or even using a screensaver) the monitor stays on for about two seconds, then goes black. The power's still on, the PC's fine and I can get the image back by switching the monitor off and on again (again, comes back for about two seconds), but it refuses to work. The only solution I've found is to power up the PC, wait for it to boot up, switch off the monitor for about 20 minutes and then switch it on again - signal comes back, monitor works fine, all is good with the world...until the PC needs restarting.

Obviously, as I've found a temporary patch for the problem, this isn't urgent, it's just annoying as hell, and I'd rather not have to buy a new monitor. I have updated drivers for pretty much everything (except the monitor itself, can't find those), tried letting the monitor cool down, gave it a clean with a mini-hoover to dislodge any dust in there, nothing changed.

So, any ideas?

Kordos
03-03-2008, 04:52
Sounds like the monitor itself is on the way out