FUll command

Flesh Hounds - 128

Flesh Hounds - 128

Flesh Hounds - 128

Chariot of Khonre - 190
2nd juggernaut

Chariot of Khonre - 190
2nd juggernaut

was possibly think putting herlalds in the chariots to allow them to put out even more high str hits but wasnt sure if they would be better of with bloodletters

fubukii
05-10-2005, 18:12
id suggest getting a 3rd ranked unit

Trunks
05-10-2005, 19:45
At most, you should have one herald in a 2000 point list and he should have the Greater Icon.

If you dropped the second herald you could add in an extra regiment of bloodletters, which would be nice.

Actually, at the moment your army is illegal. You need to have one true core for each non-true core. You have 2 bloodletter regiments and 3 regiments of flesh hounds at the moment, meaning you need to get a third regiment of bloodletters to be able to use your third regiment of flesh hounds.

Keep in mind that bloodletters tend to be best used when they are deployed six wide, do not deploy them four wide.

Two chariots is cool, but you may want to switch things up and go with a regiment of Bloodcrushers and a chariot instead to add some variety and flexibility (chariots are slower and can't go in difficult terrain . . .).

Biel496
05-10-2005, 21:23
ahh didnt know about the bloodletter thing the origional list had 3units and only 1 unit of hounds looks like ill go back to that and 6 wide?! that gimps their ranks a bit dont it?

fubukii
06-10-2005, 03:13
fast cav dont get ranks.

Trunks
06-10-2005, 03:38
Six wide on bloodletters is ideal because you are maximizing your number of models in base contact with a standard 4/5 wide regiment. You end up doing better than when deployed 4 wide with the bonus ranks most of the time.

Bloodletters don't win because of ranks, they win because they kill things.

Biel496
06-10-2005, 21:58
ahh true so should i also resize the squads like to 12? if i did that and droped a herald i could but a entire nother unit in and i wasnt talkin bout ranks on the hounds was talkin bout letters sir

Trunks
07-10-2005, 03:53
You can always keep them at their current size and just have an odd number of guys in the last rank as well, your regiments don't have to end up as nice and neat rectangles :)

I like mine to be at least 12 strong, but 18+ is really nasty for a big main regiment (ends up being rather expensive too . . .).

It's something to experiement with.

I'd also like to direct you to this forum that specializes in demon legions:
http://s7.invisionfree.com/wyrmling_x/index.php?act=idx

There are some nice tactical articles on how to play each legion. Khorne can be sort of tricky for someone just beginning with them, and Khorne just happens to have the most articles :)

DisturbeD_
07-10-2005, 14:23
yes, that web site rocks! Any way about your list charriots are cool but like truncks try a unit of bloodcrushers. And don't you want a dean prince lord choice or too many points?

Biel496
10-10-2005, 03:18
if i lowerd squads to 12 and dropped a herald i could run a unit of blood crushers also