PDA

View Full Version : Wii Sports Bowling - Scoring?

Rekmar
02-03-2008, 19:42
Hi,

Can someone please explain how the scoring system for the Bowling game on Wii Sports works?

Just spent 20mins with myself and another 2 maths teacher trying to work it out and we are having a seriously stupid day so thought that I'd turn to the Warseer community for some help:angel:

If someone can break it down for us, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers
Rekmar

floyd pinkerton
02-03-2008, 20:06
I thought it was the same as normal bowling?

i.e

note- a 'throw' is a single, well, throw of the ball:p, and a 'go' is two 'throws' that make up your turn.

you get points= how many pins you knock down and if you get a spare the next 'throw' you have is doubled, or a strike, where the next two 'throws' are doubled (including if you get a strike again, in which case you would get the two throws after the strike you got as well, presuming you dont get a strike again).

on your last 'go', if you get a strike you get two more 'throws' (regardless of if you get a strike on them or whatever), and you get one free 'throw' for a spare.

at bowling alleys (and on the wii maybe, cant remember) the original 10 points you get for knocking down all the pins is not shown on the scoreboard till any bonus points you get from doubles are worked out. In the box on the score board, this will wither show X (strike) or a number then '/', to show a spare, or 'half-strike' (e.g. 4 / if you knocked down 4 pins on your first throw, then the remaining 6 on the second)

Rekmar
02-03-2008, 20:12
Cheers mate. We missed the whole thing about doubling as none of us have been bowling since we were in high school in the UK. YOu've jsut saved a whole heap of arguments!

floyd pinkerton
03-03-2008, 18:09
No problems at all;)

I'm actually doing it right now, and it contributes towards my PE GCSE :confused:

In other words, I get graded on drinking coke and eating chips :D

theunwantedbeing
03-03-2008, 18:24
Wait....2 maths teachers cannot work out how the scoring system for bowling works?
That seems really rather wrong.

@Floyd Pinkerton
I hate you with the burning intensity of a thousand suns......school is far too easy for you!(that or my school just sucked....)

note: I've never played on a wii, nor do I intend to.

Jedi152
04-03-2008, 07:38
Yep, it's a standard 10 pin bowling scoring system.

Bombot
04-03-2008, 12:23
Wait....2 maths teachers cannot work out how the scoring system for bowling works?
That seems really rather wrong.

Bit hard to express it as a formula, isn't it?

I think that's probably where they were going wrong.

Lexy
04-03-2008, 13:01
frame score =
points from frame
if strike add two following throws
if spare add first following throws

It's not that hard, I'll bet any math teacher should make a formule off of this.