PDA

View Full Version : Formula WAAAGH!!! Racer

Cirrus the Blue
03-03-2008, 02:33
Just finnished up my second buggy for my mob this week! I simply had to do up a figure to go with the Limited Edition Ork Formula WAAAGH!!! Racer. I think it fits rather well with him, actually. hehehe Here's some pics! :D A couple are a tad blurry at the front, but once I get it painted, I'll make sure I take some higher resolution photos. ;) Lemme know what you all think!

I'm planning on taking 3 Rokkit Boostaz (Nitro) and the Spiked Wheelz Gubbinz along with upgrades to soopa speeeeeeeeed at da Mek's. This thing's gonna be FAST!! :chrome: (even if it might handle like a shopping cart and have 2 points of armor left... :rolleyes:)

- Cirrus

Plaguebeast
03-03-2008, 04:26
Wow that is a superb conversion! That is some excellent work with plasticard. I look forward to seeing it painted :)

Plaguebeast

fattdex
03-03-2008, 06:08
You magnificent S.O.B :) Looks Proppa

DO WANT your F-Waaagh Racer!

Cirrus the Blue
03-03-2008, 07:29
Thanks so much, guys!!! :D The Ork is MEGA hard to find, although, for those who are interested I spotted one the other day on ebay.. http://cgi.ebay.ca/Warhammer-Limited-Ed-Ork-Pilot-Formula-Waag-Games-day_W0QQitemZ250220784630QQihZ015QQcategoryZ7389QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem ;)

Also, if anyone wants a tutorial on how to go about converting up their own F-Waaagh buggy, I can definately lend a hand! Only problem on some aspects is that Games Workshop are jerks and took away their bitz ordering... :mad: If anyone wants to know exactly what I used though and how, just gimme a shout! Most of it can be scratch built, but it's a bit of a pain doing it that way if you can avoid it. I'd be more than happy to give modelling advice, all the same. And thanks again for the compliments!! :D

- Cirrus

trendkill
04-03-2008, 02:53
wow! thats a fantastic conversion.. are you going to make more than one, and are you going to use it for battles?!

Tommygun
04-03-2008, 03:06
Paint it in Team Ferrari colors with their logo.

Cirrus the Blue
04-03-2008, 05:30
wow! thats a fantastic conversion.. are you going to make more than one, and are you going to use it for battles?!

I would if I had some more of the same kind of bitz (GW being jerks and all lately halts that option unfortunately... :(), however, I only ever really needed the one to go with my LE Ork Driver. :p As for playing it in games, it's already purchased and on my roster! :D I'm calling it 'Da Burnout' to go with the whole flame theme I've got going on for my mob and it's colour scheme. Honestly, if I could've done it, I would've totally put on a Skorcha to this thing, but that hence needs a gunner which would take away from the whole 'feel' of the F-1 style vehicle. *shrug* It is pricey to have a whole buggy for just one guy, but with the Linked Shootaz, he can at least get good experience from that bit with being able to shoot stuff on his own at any rate. Also great for get away driving (my driver's already got the skill and this thing's gonna be FAST like I said) and for scenarios with escaping with juicy pieces of scrap! hehehe

Paint it in Team Ferrari colors with their logo.

Not planning on that (however if I can one day get the same bitz to make a second one, that's a seriously good idea. lol), but it's still gonna be a 'fast' paintjob all the same. Going with bright and crisply painted orangey/yellow flames on black on the front, side and spoiler pannels. It'll look sharp, don't you worry. ;) Should have that done up and ready to go in a month or two!

- Cirrus

lord_blackfang
11-04-2008, 11:56
What is this Formula Waaagh?

OK, obviously it's a vehicle racing game, but where can I find the rules? I'm very much interested as I have my own racing ruleset that we use regularly at my shop.

Cirrus the Blue
16-04-2008, 05:23
What is this Formula Waaagh?

OK, obviously it's a vehicle racing game, but where can I find the rules? I'm very much interested as I have my own racing ruleset that we use regularly at my shop.

lol Actually, it's just a name I gave my Ork based Formula 1 car I knocked together, giving it a rather punny wordplay sort of title. :p But, GorkaMorka is basically all about the drivin' anyways, so it's easy as cake to tweak up some nifty racing rules for it! :D

- Cirrus

AventineCrusader
16-04-2008, 05:49
Here (http://www.fullofmonkey.com/40k/formulawaagh/Formula%20Waaagh.pdf) is a game called Formula Waagh. It's great fun.

Tommygun
16-04-2008, 05:53
Nice link, I down loaded it. I will give it a try. Blue, have you had time to paint the car?

Cirrus the Blue
16-04-2008, 06:04
Working on it veeeerrrryyyyy slllloooowwwwwwlllllyyy...... I'll let you guys know when it's done. :)

- Cirrus

shaw3029
16-05-2008, 22:37
Fantastic! It looks very very good.

Fantastica
09-09-2008, 18:40
Killer lookin racer.

I know a few of my buddies tried racing with gorkamorka, though we didn't really build the buggys for it, we just took our existing ork mobs, made a sketchy track outta construction paper, and raced around a few times.

word to the wise when building your track: make sure it's pretty wide, ours was too narrow and as such we had some trouble when someone lost a tire mid corner and blocked the whole track