PDA

View Full Version : High Elf Questions

Lorquas
03-03-2008, 12:04
Hi

(sorry if these questions have been asked elsewhere)

1 - The rules for the High Elf Battle Standard seem to suggest he can take equipment from his options whereas no other army Battle Standard can. Is this correct?

2 - Can a Dragon Mage (since he is a Warrior-Mage) take and wear magical armour?

3 - Is Tyrion's mount a monstrous creature?

4 - Helm of Fortune. Can this be combined with normal armour and a normal shield?

Thanks

Lorquas

T10
03-03-2008, 12:26
1. Correct. He is not restricted from taking these items.

2. He can only take magical armour if he is allowed to take mundane armour, and may only take magical armour of the shield type if he can take a mundane shield. Being a decent fighter is of no consequence.

3. If it has 1 wound then it is merely a steed. If it has 2+ wounds then it is a monster mount.

4. It can indeed be combined with other armour.

BLinDy
04-03-2008, 09:15
Is it possible to combine armour of caledor for a 2+ armour save and the helm of fortune for 6+armour save and reroll failed armour saves?

theunwantedbeing
04-03-2008, 09:32
No you cant combine 2 magical armours.....
As you arent allowed to take 2 magical armours, page 121 of the warhammer rulebook.

WLBjork
04-03-2008, 10:24
1 - The rules for the High Elf Battle Standard seem to suggest he can take equipment from his options whereas no other army Battle Standard can. Is this correct?

New VC armies also have this ability. It is possible that this is the start of a gamewide change.

T10
04-03-2008, 11:10
Not so much a new ability as a former restriction being abandoned. Odd that they would start now. The BSB restrictions were an obvious candidate for change since 6th edition. Oh, well.

EvC
04-03-2008, 13:23
Same question as number 4, only with Mask of the Merlord. Does it function like a Helm, or does it count as a suit of magic armour (and so cannot be combined with normal armour)?

Finnigan2004
04-03-2008, 14:01
Wouldn't it be allowed to be combined because of the line, "it can be combined with other equipment normally"? This is the exact same text as the helm of fortune has for combining; so I'd guess if it is o.k. for one, it should be with the other.

Ravensmane
04-03-2008, 14:31
It does seam silly that just because a warrior has a big standard means he can't take anything else,
Hopefully this will change across the range of armies...

EvC
04-03-2008, 14:35
Wouldn't it be allowed to be combined because of the line, "it can be combined with other equipment normally"? This is the exact same text as the helm of fortune has for combining; so I'd guess if it is o.k. for one, it should be with the other.

You'd hope so, but by saying "normally" they actually cause problems, because "normally" the Mask could not be combined (exept with shields, mounts and barding)! I think it's best to consider it as a Helm and allow it to be combined with armour... although I could understand why a magic item designed to make you float on water would ban a suit of armour as well.

Tarian
04-03-2008, 21:01
Is it possible to combine armour of caledor for a 2+ armour save and the helm of fortune for 6+armour save and reroll failed armour saves?

No, because the sheer amount of magical protection would make the hero explode. That's right, explode.

On a more serious note: I think the Mask counts as a helm, don't have my armybook on me right now, but it is a *Mask*... which usually covers the face... I think.

On a different note, I'm glad my BSB can finally take a 2+ AS and Lance with that big banner... (He's mounted, btw.)