PDA

View Full Version : Prayers

Sidri
03-03-2008, 14:09
Good day to everyone,
so the question - are there any prayers known except those printed in Imp. Primer?

Chaplain Dionitas
03-03-2008, 14:20
There's a few smatterings in the Codices out there(Or codexes as GW says)

OrlyggJafnakol
03-03-2008, 14:25
Couldn't you consider the 'thoughts for the day' comments in the BGB as prayers? I have often used them as so in games and on banners etc.

DapperAnarchist
03-03-2008, 15:22
Theres some stuff in the 3rd Ed book, mostly along the line of "kill the alien and scatter his ashes! With las shot and bolt and shell and fire we purge! Yarrrg!"

Z-Axis
03-03-2008, 15:48
I don't have it, but I imagine the Munitorum Manual would have some quotes in it, considering its similarity to the (brilliant) Uplifting Primer. The Black Library says it is out of stock, but I've seen a copy in a GW store and it's probably available on EBay.

You could try the quotes thoughts printed at the bottom of every page in the rulebook and most Imperial codices. There are usually some litanies and prayers scattered throughout the books as well.

At the back of the Daemonhunters codex (the third-last page) is a hymn of sorts, elements of which could be adapted as a prayer.

You could also create some more by putting the ones in the Primer into an online Latin translator, although that's probably not the sort of thing you're looking for :P

Out of interest, what do you need the prayers for? That might help us narrow down suggestions.

Chaplain Dionitas
03-03-2008, 16:59
There are also some in the novels. Litanies of hate and all that. That whols

"I am the Hammer"
"I am the mail about his fist"

etc...etc...