PDA

View Full Version : Australia vs. World XI

vypyr
05-10-2005, 20:07
did anyone watch the aussie v. rest of the world cricket game last night? thoughts?

i gotta say i was really disappointed in the world xi. vetorris bowling was nothing short of superb (as always), and murali did a great job too. sangakkara held the team together with the bat, but the rest of team played terrible. sad thing is, aussie didnt play all that well themselves. gilchrest and katich did ok with the bat, and mcgrath bowled well, but with those dropped sitters and a relatively low score, theres no excuse for the world xi to not have seen it through. i hope they pick up their game on friday..

Grumnir
05-10-2005, 23:13
Well as an aussie I'd have to say I was pleasantly surprised :)

Particularly after recent results I thought we were going to get spanked --> which may still well happen mind you but at least now we've got one under the belt.

Martyn didn't do himself too many favours did he?

Alco Engineer
06-10-2005, 00:06
Martyn certainly didn't. I was surprised how poorly all they did. I realised that the world XI weren't a well oiled machine like most teams that train together but they certainly had a lot of talent to make up for it.

Vettori is an excellent bowler. I watch him with a love-hate attitude. He's amazing at what he does and can back it up with a bat too. I just don't like it when he makes the Aussies look like a bunch of girls. Getting them out left right and centre as well as hitting them around the park.

I wonder how much that wicket was in favor of the bowlers. It certainly seemed like a bowlers wicket and except for a couple of nice partnerships (i.e. Gilchrist and katich) there wasn't too much batting going on.

It was a good game to watch. I guess I was lucky I was sick and stayed home from work (no it was purley accidental. I forgot the cricket was even on!)

It was a good game but after the first 50 overs I thought we were going to get a spanking

Grumnir
09-10-2005, 10:49
Ahem... 3-0...

We struggled and lost to a rainy island in the 5-day format but can do 'not half bad' as a mate put it against the rest of the world in one dayers...

In the same calendar year we (Aus) lost to Bangladesh in the same format :wtf: ?

Were v. entertaining though --> Watson needed some sort of consolation bonus for hitting the roof!

MVA
09-10-2005, 11:02
Vettori is an excellent bowler. I watch him with a love-hate attitude. He's amazing at what he does and can back it up with a bat too. I just don't like it when he makes the Aussies look like a bunch of girls. Getting them out left right and centre as well as hitting them around the park.

As a Kiwi, I take that as a full compliment. :D

...I'm just going to save any silly comments until after the whole Chappell Hadlee trophy series...ahem...