PDA

View Full Version : Dark Future

Singleton Mosby
04-03-2008, 07:24
I have recently bought this GW game but never ever heard from this game before.

The setting of the game is in a almost post-apocalyptic near future, something like the movie Tank Girl and Mad Max. You have a car and need to drive your opponents of a cardboard road with many obstacles. You can choose between two cars and a bike and modify them in any way with a wide range of weapons (model car + a lot of model weapons which you can put on and take of) thus making your own vehicle.

Anyone ever see/ played this game?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Future

ScooterinAB
04-03-2008, 17:37
PDF's of the rules were recently rereleased on the SG webpage. This game is super old school and pretty obscure. There is actually only one webpage on the internet about the game (aside from Wiki and BoardGameGeeks).

Looks pretty cool.

Singleton Mosby
06-03-2008, 13:08
Well, I don't know what to do with the game actually. It looks great and fun to play but I doubt if I will be able to find someone whom wishes to play it against me. Perhaps better sell it. Anyone knows if there is a market for old rare GW games?

RFT
14-03-2008, 09:07
Copies of Dark Future sell pretty reliably on ebay- prices depend on completeness and condition, naturally. my brother picked up a copy a couple of years ago.
It was my own gateway into Games Workshop stuff back in 1989/90.
there is still a small community of players in the UK, and there's even a tournament for it coming up.

nedsta
17-03-2008, 22:46
i saw a complete one go on ebay last year around the 150 pound mark after an intense bidding war,

Singleton Mosby
19-03-2008, 15:39
i saw a complete one go on ebay last year around the 150 pound mark after an intense bidding war,

That's interesting. I might give it a go and try to sell it through E-bay.