PDA

View Full Version : Black templars

Ornithoticus
18-04-2005, 18:29
speaking to a GW staff member the other day he said that, with the black templars there would be a terminator unit with storm shields and powerswords that would act as a bodyguard for the emporers champion. he seemed to think this was true, and i trust this guy so i see no reason to disbelieve him unless someone fed him rubbish. at the same time he gave me a look at a booklet, unreleased of last years UK GD winners including interviews on how they mad the minis, etc

Inquisitor Engel
18-04-2005, 19:04
Seems unlikely. Why would a power armoured dude walk around with Terminators?

Stormire
18-04-2005, 19:24
Seems unlikely. Why would a power armoured dude walk around with Terminators?

As I know you know, Its not really power armor, its artificer armor. The way I look at it, it's essentially the same, and the Iron halo gives him a better Invuln. save. So I guess the reasoning would be that since the Emperor's Champion is supposed to be the guy in the thick of the fray, the one who calls out the enemy's commanders and characters and basically goes head hunting, you want guys around him who can get him to the commander, can punch through the opponent's command squad while the EC is (theoretically) giving the business to the commander.

That would be my theory.

Inquisitor Engel
18-04-2005, 19:31
I think the more likely option is that the Black Templars' Sword Brethren Command Squad will have the option to take that weapon combo, and that the Emperor's Champion will be able to take a Command Squad. That I can see happening.

Ornithoticus
18-04-2005, 19:44
yeah he said it was a brethren squad or sumat, sorry not up to speed on BT rumours

t-tauri
18-04-2005, 20:39
at the same time he gave me a look at a booklet, unreleased of last years UK GD winners including interviews on how they mad the minis, etc
So unreleased it was in WH Smith's last Saturday, and is on the online store now.

The phrase "taking the......."springs to mind.

Ornithoticus
18-04-2005, 20:43
yeah i just noticed that aswell on the uk website, sorry about that but the black templar stuff may be useful

Lion El Jason
18-04-2005, 22:36
Yes, it is useful, We've heard the templars terminators called sword bretheren before, now we have a rumour as to what they may be/ do...