PDA

View Full Version : Pure Skeletal Army...Help Needed!

The Sigil
05-03-2008, 09:02
Hi all,

I'm trying to find the best way to create a legal list that fits the type of home made fluff I am after for a new army: basically a pure skeleton army (including basic and tough melee troops, ranged troops, cavalry and magic) but one that is themed more like a VC army than a TK army.

The fluff in question would be a recently killed empire army that (for various reasons) been made undead (and specifically skeletal).

From my knowledge of all things warhammer, the following were what I saw as options:

- Obviously a VC army would be easiest - especially given the new book, but they have no ranged skeletons! (I *really* want archers in this army - even knowing that they aren't the best shots...)

- A TK army would give me all the army options they are after (and I could just model the army the way I want and just play standard TK rules), but the magic 'style' of TK is not exactly fitting with what I had in mind.

Is there other legal way that I can basically get a VC style army (with the matching magic style) but one that has ranged skeletal units included? Any other recognised rules that I could use to create such a list?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Conotor
05-03-2008, 11:35
Whats the matter with TK magic? Its pretty well the best in the game!

Id say u should go with TK.

rapscallion
05-03-2008, 19:18
if you [I]really[I]want to use archers in a VC army then use dogs of war crossbowmen, thats about the only way.