PDA

View Full Version : Dawn of War SoulStorm problem

Drogmir
06-03-2008, 14:12
Ok whenever I try playing it the game seems to freeze in the campaign loading screen.

Skirmish mode and tutorial works fine but it just doesn't budge in campaign.

It just shows the picture of the 4 planets.

Processor:AMD Anthlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+, MMX, 3D Now (2 CPUs)

Memory 1 GB

Card:Geoforce 7300 GT

N810
06-03-2008, 14:48
realy you got that far,
I just downloaded the demo
and it wont even start. :(

Souleater
06-03-2008, 15:33
Try the usual things first: check for updates on the Relic site. Then try finding newer graphics card drivers.

Is your machine within spec?

Jade_Dragon
06-03-2008, 17:10
http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=142397

Can you give us a debug log?

0ld1eye
06-03-2008, 17:52
I'd say this is the result of GW trying to bring out a new expansion swiftly and with minimal costs at the expense of gameplay, functionality, and a NEW GAME WITH TYRANIDS IN IT.

Dawn of War died with Dark Crusade.

N810
06-03-2008, 18:55
oh sorry it says something about a bad download/invalad path
I used the included utility to run it in safe mode,
I believe this puts my computer above the minimum requirements.
and I got the demo off of Steam...
and I believe my graphics cards are up to date.
As I run the other 40K pc game/expansions fairly often.

The pestilent 1
06-03-2008, 19:26
I'd say this is the result of GW trying to bring out a new expansion swiftly and with minimal costs at the expense of gameplay, functionality, and a NEW GAME WITH TYRANIDS IN IT.

:eyebrows:

Can someone remind me when GW became a Computer games developer?

DraXaus
06-03-2008, 19:46
Normally updates are inclueded in the expansion.

New Cult King
06-03-2008, 20:38

So you've played Soulstorm all the way through then? You know, in order to have such an informed opinion?

mistformsquirrel
06-03-2008, 21:00
:eyebrows:

Can someone remind me when GW became a Computer games developer?

The instant someone decided that because they didn't get exactly what they wanted, they needed to gripe about it just like they probably do the tabletop.

0ld1eye
06-03-2008, 21:00
Dark eldar and sisters of battle are essentially revamps of the two most popular races. My suckage sense is tingling, and tingling HARD. I'm not even going to touch this. Most games go downhill by expansion no.3, and DoW managed it by 2. The graphics are a bit outdated, and the engine doesn't allow for that much modding. They're whipping a dead horse. The sooner GW realises that its been milked 'til its udders bear no more fluid and come up with something new, the better.

Drogmir
06-03-2008, 21:49
Well it turns out the game works. It's just that the campaign loading takes 5-10 freaking minutes to load.

I found out this expansion pack was also made by Iron Lore who are the guys who did Titan Quest, which is also incredibly buggy.

Redstormrisen
06-03-2008, 22:57
Now titan quest is an odd thing.

It was pirated befire the relese date and was a pretty poor crack as well.

The security software crashed the game after you got out of the first cave...
In the cracked version.

But its still iron lores fault partily, for not programming in an error message.

the_reaper
09-03-2008, 00:55
Dark eldar and sisters of battle are essentially revamps of the two most popular races. My suckage sense is tingling, and tingling HARD. I'm not even going to touch this. Most games go downhill by expansion no.3, and DoW managed it by 2. The graphics are a bit outdated, and the engine doesn't allow for that much modding. They're whipping a dead horse. The sooner GW realises that its been milked 'til its udders bear no more fluid and come up with something new, the better.

oh my golly gosh (you heard me!) i dont think GW have that much input other than background and licenses etc.

I've been looking into why the game might be freezing, i cant find my cases like yours, a guess a spec check might be in order, as the campaign takes a bit more proccesor power etc.

-reaper