PDA

View Full Version : Sacred Host of Kai-Loq Gar

Archon.42
06-03-2008, 14:52
i have been advised to once again return to lustria and take lead of a host of cold blooded warriors
anyways, as usual this will be a list used for casual play, but solid enough to stand its own

Saurus Oldblood-Light Armour, Scimitar of the Sun Resplendant, Enchanted Shield, Glyph Necklace, Sotek, Tepok, Itzl, Cold One-320

Skink Chief-Light Armour, Shield, Scout, Charm of the Jaguar Warrior, Additional Hand Weapon-93

Skink Priest-65

Skink Priest-65

10 Skinks-Scout, Javelins-70(Skink Chief goes here)

10 Skinks-60

10 Skinks-60

10 Skinks-60

24 Saurus Warriors-Full Command, Quetzl-348

6 Saurus Cavalry-Full Command-260 (Oldblood goes here)

7 Saurus Cavalry-Full Command, Huanchi's Blessed Totem-335

2 Salamander Hunting Packs-130(Preist goes here)

2 Salamander Hunting Packs-130(Preist goes here)

Army Total-1996

so Constructive C&C's welcome
once again, please NO mathammer, beardy horrible shizz, hyped-up tournie tactics ETC ETC ETC and we'll get along fine =)

Malorian
06-03-2008, 16:07
A jaguar skink? That's a first : )

Looks ok to me. It's different, but that doens't make it bad : )

Archon.42
06-03-2008, 16:22
i should note he is my extremely cheap wizard killer
scout, charge wizard in unit, slap him and run away
will earn his points back if he kills one
and yeh its something different to the jag saurus monster o' killy death
and iwanna see people's faces when a skink leaps across the board and kills their wizard!

lee
07-03-2008, 20:10
i realy like it the skink is a very good idear
why 24 saurus?

Feefait
07-03-2008, 20:33
I think it's a great list. Nice to see something different. I love Cold One Riders. I took Kroq Gar once and a mess of Cold Ones Riders and just tore through an orc and goblin army in like 2 turns. They were unstoppable and so fast.

Can the priests join the salamanders? I didn't think they could join a "monster" unit, but now that I think about it I don't see any reason why not... I can't remember clearly in the rules. it's not like they will be in combat either.

IronBrother
07-03-2008, 23:23
I think that Skink dude is awesome, I have never thought of that and against the common mage he should wipe them out very fast. That and he could be a very efficient war machine killer. Nice list too.

The priest can join the salamander unit as far as I know, the only limitation is that if the salamanders counted as a character(s).

By the way I am going to try that little skink bomb (kind of looks like stink bomb) next game with my lizards, too bad he couldn't buy a stegadon helm (wish there was a skink lord).

Archon.42
08-03-2008, 11:29
thanks guys
the amount of saurus is to give 4 ranks of 6
they are to engage large units of rank and file
any suggestions of what to take instead of them?
and yeh the priests can join the sallies

M_M
08-03-2008, 14:59
I found saurus worked better in pairs of smaller units unless you use that big unit as anvil unit I would take 2 units of kroxigors instead

for the record I use a pair of saurus units, 15 Strong with command in pretty much every list I use

the Skink chief might be better off with either light armour & shield OR additional hand weapon (and possibly sotek blessing)

redrum
08-03-2008, 15:52
Just out of curiosity why not give the Skink Chief the Cloak of Feathers and make him even more mobile? I know it costs more but it seems like it would make him even better at the wizard/war machine hunting.

Conotor
08-03-2008, 17:15
Why 2 lvl 1 priests? Make them lvl 2 or remove them.

Give the chief a feather clocke and get a JSOD.

One unit of sarri won't do anthing. Take 2+ or 0.

Archon.42
13-03-2008, 19:46
well the priests are there to generate dispel dice
and like i said earlier, i dont want a JSOD, cos i used to run one and people got sick of it
plus the skink is just for fun
i want a large unit of saurus to be the centre of the army

The_Dragon_Rising
13-03-2008, 20:15
I like the Skink with Jag Charm as he can move through forests better. One thing however, a priest with diadem will generate more DD than 2 priests and costs less, i generally find scouting skinks should have blowpipes, not scouting skinks, shields, they work better this way.

Archon.42
13-03-2008, 20:27
Saurus Oldblood-Light Armour, Scimitar of the Sun Resplendant, Enchanted Shield, Glyph Necklace, Sotek, Tepok, Itzl, Cold One-320

Skink Chief-Light Armour, Scout, Charm of the Jaguar Warrior, Additional Hand Weapon-91

Skink Priest-Level2, Diadem of Power-135

10 Skinks-Scout, Blowpipes-70(Skink Chief goes here)

10 Skinks-Blowpipes-60

10 Skinks-Javelins-60

10 Skinks-Javelins-60(priest goes here)

24 Saurus Warriors-Full Command, Quetzl-348

6 Saurus Cavalry-Full Command-260 (Oldblood goes here)

7 Saurus Cavalry-Full Command, Huanchi's Blessed Totem-335

2 Salamander Hunting Packs-130

2 Salamander Hunting Packs-130

Army Total-1999

ok i liked that suggestion
so thats it revised
warseer like?

Firebreather
13-03-2008, 22:18
Really, really quite like the list, .42. It flies in the face of much of the accepted opinions on what "works" for Lizardmen, and that alone is worthwhile. Even more so because I believe this list could do quite well!

I like it so much, I might even work on my own version, albeit at a smaller points level. Very nice!