PDA

View Full Version : Browser based warhammer 40k online game!

Pages : [1] 2

omera
06-03-2008, 20:12
http://www.promisanse.com/
I picked Tyranids. It doesn't look complete yet, unfortunately, but I'm sure changes will be made. I'm Hive Fleet: Curruid ingame.

SwordsofChaos
06-03-2008, 20:44
I dont get it. Are you supposed to download it or something?

omera
06-03-2008, 20:46
No. You just register.

GR_Zombie
07-03-2008, 03:25
Better be careful, GW can get very protective of their IP's

Leth Shyish'phak
07-03-2008, 16:28
It seems quite good to me. Although, I'm not sure as to how I managed to become ranked 10th on the server on te same day that I started...

07-03-2008, 19:07
cause theres 14 players :D

ok thats not cool but games have to start soemwere

0ld1eye
07-03-2008, 19:12
Sorry, you cannot signup without FULL and CORRECT information.
Everybody has a last name, and I doubt you're an exception.

...heh.

0ld1eye
07-03-2008, 19:36
well... this is quite addictive. Rank 7 atm, not bad. I seem to have accidentally bought 127m worth of shares in food, though, when I only meant to buy 2m...

My tribe is 'Keepers Of The Burning Gates'. I think we need a Warseer clan.

EDIT: alright, the Official Warseer Clan has been created, if anyone is interested. Password is 'kalmah', because they are awesome.

0ld1eye
08-03-2008, 19:16
Apologies for the triple post, but it'd be great if we could get more people interested in this. It takes very little time (20 minutes a day) but its turning out to be highly political, with peace treaties and declarations of war being made left, right and centre. Especially now we have a 4-day truce with the most powerful clan on there, I think we could take the game over, as it were, considering how powerful we've become in the 24 hours since the clan was made.

Latro_
08-03-2008, 19:39
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/promisan/public_html/conf-proc.php on line 152

Lemme know when it takes off a bit and aint buggy :P

ragnarok14
08-03-2008, 21:09
bolter bitch here, I think I may have ticked off vengenace a little bit :D i'll see if staying out of their way for a while will stop any escalation (but if worse comes to worse, militia attacks on his allies seem pretty effective :)) Also might be an idea to look at starting up a clan market i.e. selling cheap troops to each other. EDIT: lowest I've been able to place troops for sale on the market is at half the starting price, if anyone experiences different let me know, it might be an idea to build one member (clan leader probably) up a bit for more security.

tsutek
08-03-2008, 21:14
Nice that someone finally did this! Been thinking about this for years.. Might be a good idea to change the names & looks of the troops to something that doesn't violate GW IP though

pwrgmrguard
08-03-2008, 21:23
i'm with Latro.

ragnarok14
08-03-2008, 21:28
well I haven't encountered any bugs yet, and the number of players is upto 83 currently.

pwrgmrguard
08-03-2008, 21:34
click game guide and you will se it is quite buggy.

0ld1eye
08-03-2008, 21:37
bolter bitch here, I think I may have ticked off vengenace a little bit :D i'll see if staying out of their way for a while will stop any escalation (but if worse comes to worse, militia attacks on his allies seem pretty effective :)) Also might be an idea to look at starting up a clan market i.e. selling cheap troops to each other. EDIT: lowest I've been able to place troops for sale on the market is at half the starting price, if anyone experiences different let me know, it might be an idea to build one member (clan leader probably) up a bit for more security.

we have a 4-day truce with vengeance and his clan, should give us a bit of breathing space. If you want to attack someone, see if you can find legion's weakness. He's been attacking loads of clan members, usually with little success, but his defences are formidable. I'm looking to take him down a notch.
As for a clan market... I like the idea, but it might be a bit difficult. It might not be wise to build up one person too much, but there is an 'aid' feature, with which you can send troops to someone. As clanmates we can send unlimited aid too.
I've also never had a problem with the game, and it seems to be steadily increasing in size.

ragnarok14
08-03-2008, 21:37
yeah they need to fix that, as clicking gameguide only seems to take you to that pages section of the gameguide and isn't very user friendly, aside from that its not to bad once you find your way around for a free game.

BajsArne
08-03-2008, 21:38
I was going to suggest you play chainsaw warrior online instead, but it seems to have gotten offline. Oh well. I wan't someone to make a Dark future browser game. That always seemed like fun.

Sceleris82
08-03-2008, 21:40
Hmmm.... i feel like a noob, any hints on how to make a good start ? I have started Searing Sun a Witch Hunter order. Oh and can i join the Warseer clan?

ragnarok14
08-03-2008, 21:42
we have a 4-day truce with vengeance and his clan, should give us a bit of breathing space. If you want to attack someone, see if you can find legion's weakness. He's been attacking loads of clan members, usually with little success, but his defences are formidable. I'm looking to take him down a notch.
As for a clan market... I like the idea, but it might be a bit difficult. It might not be wise to build up one person too much, but there is an 'aid' feature, with which you can send troops to someone. As clanmates we can send unlimited aid too.
I've also never had a problem with the game, and it seems to be steadily increasing in size.

just tried militia attack on him, worked fine, manage to leech 500 acres off him. I find its usually best to gear your troop production to one type with only a little on the others then using the attack that only involves your largest troop which means you'll usually easily out number them.

ragnarok14
08-03-2008, 21:47
Hmmm.... i feel like a noob, any hints on how to make a good start ? I have started Searing Sun a Witch Hunter order. Oh and can i join the Warseer clan?

You can sell your shares in the stocks menu for some easy cash, scout a fair bit of land at the start (i'd say 100 odd turns at least) then look at building mines/industry/houses/farms in that order for a decent start, dont worry about military camps till later in the game and only a few academies to start getting some scrolls, towers are optional too.

As I said before, if you want to attack someone, change your troop training to focus on one aspect, as its much easier as when you attack if you use the right attack only those type of troops are involved on both sides.

0ld1eye
08-03-2008, 21:47
Erm... not that tactical compared to some other games. I'd recommend having more farms and industry than anything else, as food can be sold on the bazaar for $5 ea, which may not sound like much but is significant when you can produce 1m food a turn. Hopefully when there are a few more players the player market will pick up (especially considering my 127m worth of food shares).
Also, don't neglect any corner of your industry. Another player (leader of the Imperium clan) completely ignored basic troops and instead built lots of elite troops, which meant a militia strike, which pitches your basic troops against his, left him defenseless. I took 5000 acres of land with a mere 50 casualties.
Just make sure you're not losing cash or food, and you'll be fine. Don't worry if your slaves start to decrease, the rates at which you gain them at the start mean its irrelevant. Also, keep taxes relatively low, unless you want to make cash by exploiting the populace.

ragnarok14
08-03-2008, 21:52
true you cant ignore the other troops (I split my focus up 40/15/15/30) and then buy some more of the middle two when I have some extra money floating around.

0ld1eye
08-03-2008, 21:53
just tried militia attack on him, worked fine, manage to leech 500 acres off him. I find its usually best to gear your troop production to one type with only a little on the others then using the attack that only involves your largest troop which means you'll usually easily out number them.

Hmm. Didn't work for me, tried it twice and was defeated each time. I'm not going to change my production ratios, I completely annihilated someone who did that. Trouble is with espionage they can find your weaknesses.

08-03-2008, 21:57
I signed up and my first log in it said this account is disabeld due to cheating. I haven't done anything yet :D

oh well

ragnarok14
08-03-2008, 22:03
Hmm. Didn't work for me, tried it twice and was defeated each time. I'm not going to change my production ratios, I completely annihilated someone who did that. Trouble is with espionage they can find your weaknesses.

True but there is always going to be someone out there with more troops than you in one or more areas, so my mentality is make sure you have the upper hand in atleast one area to retaliate, but thats just my approach (I do have something like 700K militia)

0ld1eye
08-03-2008, 22:09
Heh. I'll keep my production ratios nice and even, and, when I get attacked by someone, dole out some of my masses of cash on whatever troop is most effective. It's not the most cost-efficient way of getting troops, but it does make me a hard nut to crack defensively. Seriously, producing 1m food a turn is sooo liberating in terms of cash.

ragnarok14
08-03-2008, 22:14
Thats not a bad strategy, 1mil food is quite alot! I only get about half that net a turn, but i've pumped some money into mines to keep me turning a decent profit.

Rocky44
08-03-2008, 22:17
How do I attack someone? It keeps saying I need to prepare troops first, even though I have them.

0ld1eye
08-03-2008, 22:19
Yeah, I have just enough mines so I don't lose cash. Every so often I have to get some more land to keep it positive, even though it really wouldn't make any difference. My industry and housing take up most of the rest of my land, plus about 500 academies and 1000 towers. I suppose I should really build some more camps to decrease military costs, which will allow me to free up some mining land for use in whatever I desire.

0ld1eye
08-03-2008, 22:20
How do I attack someone? It keeps saying I need to prepare troops first, even though I have them.

You need to go to your 'spies' section, and use scrolls to 'prepare expedition'. This will last 12 hours or something.
I also recommend patrolling your borders, which, I believe, gives a defence bonus for 12 hours.

ragnarok14
08-03-2008, 22:23
I think it also prevents you from attacking anyone significantly bigger than you. I think if the persons name is in white that you can attack them easily or something, plus you have to of finished you period of protection to be able to attack.

0ld1eye
08-03-2008, 22:27
According to the game guide it reduces the damage done by missions against your warband by a factor of one-third, although it does not reduce the chance of missions succeeeding. This does not influence troop attacks.
Preparing an expedition also leaves you open to attack by others without having to use scrolls.

ragnarok14
08-03-2008, 22:30
Ah so depending where the person is that you want to attack you either have to prepare spies or not.

0ld1eye
08-03-2008, 22:34
Doesn't say that. I think you always have to prepare an expedition to attack. It's not that big a deal, to be honest. I can live with using up 30k scrolls.

ragnarok14
08-03-2008, 22:39
Well I've never prepared an expedition :confused: maybe because other people have i've been able to attack them :angel: In the start when there was only 30 odd I had trouble attacking though.

Rocky44
08-03-2008, 22:43
Wow, I already hit rank 19.

Edit: 12 now.

0ld1eye
08-03-2008, 22:45
heh, yeah. there aren't that many people playing atm, but around 60 have joined since yesterday evening, which is promising. I'm having trouble getting past rank 5.

skullcandy
08-03-2008, 22:55
This game may not be visually entertaining in the slightest, so i need someone to teach me how to play. I will join the official warseer clan.

Rocky44
08-03-2008, 23:00
The best way of earning money is through farms. Sell the food after you build it. Industry gets you better troops, mines get you more money, farms get you more food, academies get you more scrolls (for spies), and houses gives you more people. Towers are just for defense.

skullcandy
08-03-2008, 23:07
gracias mi amigo/a. Vamos a la computadora para muchos horas. Soy hablar en espanol para mi tarea. Lo siento.

bert n ernie
08-03-2008, 23:07
I tried to sign up but there are too many members in the clan already. OR too few players.
Can't really figure out how the whole thign works really. The turn business et al.

0ld1eye
08-03-2008, 23:09
There's a clan cap?!?
Bizarre.

EDIT: Ah.
'There is always space for at least 5 members in a clan. For every 20 active warbands in the game, an additional member is permitted.'

ragnarok14
08-03-2008, 23:15
well that sorta sucks, just have to get more people signing up... any ideas?

0ld1eye
08-03-2008, 23:17
post on different forums? some of you on here have to belong to others... I, for instance, also belong to a metal forum and a pc help forum...

skullcandy
08-03-2008, 23:34
si, que a buena idea. Vamos a otra "forum".

MJCabouse
09-03-2008, 03:42
woow just hit 5 and also

bolter ***** (#74) attacked you in a Militia Strike! Your enemy captured 427 acres and destroyed:

40,837 Dire Avengers
You managed to destroy:

56,438 Battle Squad

wth Saim hann btw

ragnarok14
09-03-2008, 04:08
woow just hit 5 and also

bolter ***** (#74) attacked you in a Militia Strike! Your enemy captured 427 acres and destroyed:

40,837 Dire Avengers
You managed to destroy:

56,438 Battle Squad

wth Saim hann btw

Sorry bout that, was before I joined the clan (didn't see that you or dragon were members)

EDIT: also looks like Ra'Shira's crusaders is still attacking members

0ld1eye
09-03-2008, 10:25
Odd. I promised to blow him out of the water if he did so again. He's offered an alliance between the clans, what do you think? Nuke them, or join them?

Thing is, allying with everyone leaves us very little to attack. I know I only have 3 people I can attack without my army deserting in disgust or getting totally ass-whupped.
EDIT: alright, this morning I can't attack anyone within a respectable boundary. I'm going to turn him down.

Also, usurped from rank 5 while I slept! Ya treacherous lot.

lil donki
09-03-2008, 12:37
how do you tell if someone is better thar you? Im rank 20 and my whole army got destroyed by someone rank a hundred and something

ps. I don't like the clan cap

SwordsofChaos
09-03-2008, 13:10
Ok, so I need some help here. It says I am under protected status and cannot do some stuff, like attacking people. I can just build my economy.

EDIT: My name is Hydra of the Iron Blood Clan

lil donki
09-03-2008, 13:16
you need to use up all you protected turns getting food, money, scrolls and troops so that you are ready for people attacking you

0ld1eye
09-03-2008, 13:20
lil donki: you need to use espionage.

swordsofchaos: until you use 300 turns, you'll be protected.

also, does anyone have the vaguest inkling why I can't get a hero? I've used 1200 turns and these are my troops:
http://i26.tinypic.com/353eafa.jpg
also, I owe the clan vast quantities of food now, which I'll replace by tomorrow.

also, rank 4!

ragnarok14
09-03-2008, 13:53
Have no idea sorry. I sort of feel bad, outside of UI we seem to be hammering anyone that gets even close in networth. That said, I gotta get me land from somewhere. Also how do you know if you can attack someone with out having masses leave because they are weaker than you?

SwordsofChaos
09-03-2008, 13:55
When I try to attack someone it says I need to prepare my troops. What does that mean?

ragnarok14
09-03-2008, 13:57
You have to go to spies and select the prepare expedition mission, then you should be able to attack, unless your lucky and pick to attack someone who has done that which means you can attack them.

EDIT: also I took back some of the stuff I had donated to the clan treasury, i'll be replacing it soon though.

0ld1eye
09-03-2008, 14:13
Unfortunately, there are very few tribes you can attack that won't cause your troops to leave. Anyone you're at war with can be safely attacked, and anyone close in networth. If they show up as yellow, either they're far stronger or weaker.

Rocky44
09-03-2008, 17:03
There's about 5 "None's" near the top 10. I've knocked a few of them down a few ranks.

Isambard
09-03-2008, 18:28
Howdy.

I am in, how do I join the clan?

Rocky44
09-03-2008, 18:33
On the first page, there is a password for the clan. One of the options in the bottom left should let you join with the password.

winkypinky
09-03-2008, 18:34
Hey I have also just joined (late last night) I chose DE. And I have a large bonus to hawks. If I understand this correct this gives me a bonus to spying under the attack section right ? (missions paid for with scrolls)
And I have joined the clan and I am more than happy to hit any of your enemies with as much "hawking" as you like if you supply scrolls or something else.
- Also joined the clan.

Isambard
09-03-2008, 19:07
Buttocks. The clan is full.

Dont attack me, I am hive fleet medusa!

0ld1eye
09-03-2008, 19:19
Well, I think I'm going to have to accept that heroes are buggy for the time being. I've posted in the bugs forum though, and it was replied to, so hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Ah, well. At least it helped me develop my industry. Although I now owe the clan in excess of 200m food.

I also fail to see how 55% is a low and attractive tax rate. Hmm.

Drong
09-03-2008, 19:38
Created a warband and joined the clan, looks alot like Earth 2150 if that was the name.
Is in protection atm, gonna save up some turns before I go out from it.

Leth Shyish'phak
09-03-2008, 20:27
If you want to attack someone, see if you can find legion's weakness. He's been attacking loads of clan members, usually with little success, but his defences are formidable. I'm looking to take him down a notch.

Well, I'd say that standing alone against the entire Warseer clan would be one weakness, not sure about my other ones though...

But if any Chaos players want to join The Black Legion (my clan) then let me know :D

Drong
09-03-2008, 20:31
Kinda accidently used 1 turn too much, but I have to ask is Offensive Points: 2,712,371 much or not?

Military doesn't seem to give you much networth compared to land.

0ld1eye
09-03-2008, 20:39
2,712,371 is pretty average for the majority of tribes atm. I, however, have nearly 10,000, but I spent somewhere in the region of 1 billion on new troops.
Just got a very polite message from Vengeance of UI informing us that the truce is off, and we have 24 hours to prepare before attacks resume.

Rocky44
09-03-2008, 20:49
Interesting, I'll have to ramp up production of troops.

Isambard
09-03-2008, 21:40
Is it me, or does it make sense to not have any mines and just have farms and sell the excess food? I seem to be able to make much more cash that way.

How about a pre-emptive strike? We send all our troops to one player, who then launches a mega-attack to try and take out his army.

winkypinky
09-03-2008, 21:40
arghh I have already used all my turn today on spy action against an other faction than UI. also ... for how long have vengeance been playing it since he is so for ahead ?

0ld1eye
09-03-2008, 21:54
not that long, actually. The round was reset at the end of February.

I don't think the 'all eggs in one basket' approach would be successful. I already win pretty much any fight I enter by sheer dint of having far too many troops for my own good.

ragnarok14
09-03-2008, 22:05
hmmm, I wonder if they are going to go for the high land holders or the fresh players... I might have to up my stock of those units that can aid members.

0ld1eye
09-03-2008, 22:17
Well, I know I'm not an easy target. I believe I have the third highest amount of troops according to my espionage missions.
I think they'll probably try and knock Warseer members down a bit, as we are encroaching (and in some cases taking over) there dominance, though no-one stands a bats chance in hell against Vengeance at the moment. Thankfully, I learnt via a message exchange that he'll always leave a player enough land to recover.

ragnarok14
09-03-2008, 22:19
thats good to know :) I try to not take people bellow 4000 acres if i'm attacking them.

0ld1eye
09-03-2008, 22:24
Hmm, yeah. I feel slightly guilty because I took Ra'Shiras Crusaders down from 5.5k land to 2k land. He's restarted now. Mind you, 2k land is enough to recover from.
Then again, he was preying on Hive Fleet Cuirrid. He also attacked me and a couple of other Warseer members several times.

winkypinky
09-03-2008, 22:26
Could/should we get a thread for the warseer clan in Promisance an other place?

0ld1eye
09-03-2008, 22:38
Might be wise. A group, perhaps...

I'm not sure it really belongs here.

MJCabouse
09-03-2008, 23:30
Don't know if anyone has realized yet how much more effective exploring with spies is to scouting.

And anyone know how to get any sufficient amount of land when attacking I keep only getting like 14 land.

0ld1eye
09-03-2008, 23:35
Yeah, its more effective, but uses up more scrolls than you can gain as a general rule, which means you can't do it constantly, and if you do, you need a lot of land covered in academies. Which are otherwise useless.
I only really use scrolls for espionage, preparing expeditions, patrolling borders and healing if I'm tight on turns.

colmarekblack
10-03-2008, 00:03
Im under ColBlack of the 412th 'Fighting Falcons'. Tried to join the Warseer clan but the server said it was too full :(. No idea what i'm doing so any advice would be helpful.

omera
10-03-2008, 00:12
I forgot the password. Ask Keeper of the Burning Gates (player #50)

intellectawe
10-03-2008, 00:41
What a load of crap.

Don't bother. Half the web pages are errors. Deleted that quickly.

razz
10-03-2008, 00:44
just singed up name is Rogue and iam chaos /chant for chaos!!!...

can i get an invite to the warseer clan please?

thanks in advance razz

centy
10-03-2008, 00:47
I singed up to.
Blood angels member of the imperium.
Don't worry guys just probibg with a couple troops to see how this game works or doesn't as the case may be.

dblaz3r
10-03-2008, 05:58
I've also taken up the challenge as fatgutz boyz, not really to sure whats going on but I'm sure I'll slowly figure it out. Will join the clan when there is room, or maybe we should start a second clan?

ragnarok14
10-03-2008, 06:58
I think a second clan might be best, will enable more people to be protected and make the game a bit more interesting for all. Plus it will be easier to avoid attacking fellow warseer members.

dblaz3r
10-03-2008, 07:04
Any ideas on a name for a second clan or just make it obvious and go warseer2 or something to that effect?

ragnarok14
10-03-2008, 07:22
should probably have warseer in the name, other than that its up to the creator. Let me know when its made and we can ally the clans

dblaz3r
10-03-2008, 07:35
Sweet will get onto it now, hopefully this will stop all the warseer clan members attacking me. *I'm looking at you Hive Fleet Medusa*

Ok so I've started another clan, The Brotherhood, password = portent. Its tag is warseer2.
How do we get this alliance up and running?

ragnarok14
10-03-2008, 07:56
done :) you can change the settings of who you are allied with and at war with in the manage section of the clan menu, if you are the leader or one of the diplomats.

dblaz3r
10-03-2008, 08:01
Ok will sort that out as well. Bit confused about the stocks and selling in the market, where can I get some tips on this? The forum over there doesnt really answer any questions for me.

ragnarok14
10-03-2008, 08:03
your best bet is clicking on the game guide option in the stock screen, but to be honest I dont get it that much either. I think it would work better with more people though.

Dragonlv8
10-03-2008, 08:06
Ok Just trying to figure out how to join the warseer clan or whatever it is.
Please someone invite me if I can't do it myself.
Username is Dragonlv8, Im Imperial guard, Tranby 1st Regiment

ragnarok14
10-03-2008, 08:10
click on clans on the side menu, select the clan you want to join from the drop down menu and enter the password and you can join.

dblaz3r
10-03-2008, 08:13
@ Dragonlv8 Join the warseer2 clan, the password is a few posts above

ragnarok14
10-03-2008, 08:23
he'll have to I dont think anymore members can join the first one. we're allied anyway so it should offer a bit of protection for both clans.

Dragonlv8
10-03-2008, 08:34
Damn, I joined the Imperium one when I joined and it says I can't leave the Imperium one for 48 hours, none of you guys better attack me.

dblaz3r
10-03-2008, 08:38
Ive declared war on the Imperium but ill be sure not to attack you :) Make sure that when your buying stuff you are actually in the buy menu not the sell, I accidently sold a big chunk of my armed forces.... oops :o

Bassik
10-03-2008, 08:48
Clan Kliko is also joining in the fun.
And the game is actually pretty decent.

Dragonlv8
10-03-2008, 09:00
Whats a decent amount of people to have, Im Imperial guard, I have
114 guardsmen
57 Karsikins
9 Sentinels
1 Basilisk

dblaz3r
10-03-2008, 09:06
I have 500,000 stikkbombas 300,000 grots etc. Just get a bunch of land and build housing and industry stuff and you'll start stacking up the troops

Dragonlv8
10-03-2008, 09:19
Cadian Shock Troops: 3,715
Cadian Kasrkin Squad: 1,801
Cadian Pattern Sentinel: 881
Basilisk: 1
Spies: 1,791

Im moving up in the world :p

scarletsquig
10-03-2008, 09:39
Dammit, why did you have to post this here? :(

We've had cool stuff like this posted on Warseer before, and it never takes long for GW's fun-hating legal sharks to come along and threaten the site's owner into taking it down.

GW wouldn't have much of a case if they took it to court (a website like this falls firmly under "fair use", especially since it's non-profit), but GW has a lot more money than "average joe doing something fun for the community" so they can bleed the guy dry regardless of whether or not they have a case.

ragnarok14
10-03-2008, 09:46
they could always change the names and it would be fine.

Aside from that, I just got my **** handed to me by vengance :D So I got a bit suicidal and attacked him to try bring his troop levels down.... he must have a crapload of towers or something because I lost alot more than I took off.
Has anyone managed to perform a scouting mission on him yet? Any idea what his strength actually is? Maybe we do just have to target his allies.

Isambard
10-03-2008, 09:47
Sweet will get onto it now, hopefully this will stop all the warseer clan members attacking me. *I'm looking at you Hive Fleet Medusa*

Ok so I've started another clan, The Brotherhood, password = portent. Its tag is warseer2.
How do we get this alliance up and running?

Sorry dude, you were not showing up as an ally at the time and were this fair game.

0ld1eye
10-03-2008, 10:06
they could always change the names and it would be fine.

Aside from that, I just got my **** handed to me by vengance :D So I got a bit suicidal and attacked him to try bring his troop levels down.... he must have a crapload of towers or something because I lost alot more than I took off.
Has anyone managed to perform a scouting mission on him yet? Any idea what his strength actually is? Maybe we do just have to target his allies.

Haven't the foggiest. I've thrown a dozen espionages at him, with no success.

His allies would be an easier bet, hopefully one of them will have a concentration on one type of troop so I can get some easy land. T'is difficult atm, most I can get off other tribes is 100 acres. Still, I think we might actually pose a threat now.

Unfortunately, it'll be blocked 'til 4.30 here (GMT), but at least I'll still have plenty of turns. Stupid boarding school.

dblaz3r
10-03-2008, 10:13
Sorry dude, you were not showing up as an ally at the time and were this fair game.

Alls fair in love and war. I have a bone to pick with gaunt though, that guy has been attacking me hard.

ragnarok14
10-03-2008, 10:20
I think we'll just have to try wear them down, its starting to get interesting :)

Kal Taron
10-03-2008, 11:41
Hi Guys,

i joined as well.
KalTaron leading the Black Guard. Eldar of course.

Where does the Clan discuss everything?

I've almost used up my protected turns.
I have buildings:
Mines: 10
Houses: 20
Industry: 0
Military Camps: 100
Academies: 500
Farms: 3,500
Towers: 0
Unused Land: 36

How can I produce troops? What should I do next?

0ld1eye
10-03-2008, 12:31
Hi Guys,

i joined as well.
KalTaron leading the Black Guard. Eldar of course.

Where does the Clan discuss everything?

I've almost used up my protected turns.
I have buildings:
Mines: 10
Houses: 20
Industry: 0
Military Camps: 100
Academies: 500
Farms: 3,500
Towers: 0
Unused Land: 36

How can I produce troops? What should I do next?

Welcome.
We discuss everything... erm... here?

You need industry to produce troops. That's a good number of farms though, so you could take an odd approach and concentrate entirely on farms and just buy everything.

Kal Taron
10-03-2008, 12:52
I'm still in the lucky position to have 4 protected turns so I will wait a bit to get more turns and then build up Industry. Or how is the price calculated?
I mean if it goes up to near what you pay on the basaar then I'd just save the land and build farms and towers instead.

Once I go over protection, I'll probably scout for 200 turns to get some more land and build farms/towers/whatever.

0ld1eye
10-03-2008, 13:05
It's far, FAR cheaper to create troops yourself. Then again, the land you need for industry could be used for farmland, which is awesome for profit. Of course, the bazaar has a troop limit, so you can't buy unlimited amounts.
Towers are a good idea. 2k will last you a long time.

ragnarok14
10-03-2008, 13:31
just a heads up, looks like my tribe favours naval units (top teir) so any attack that removes them from the equation is a good idea (plus they are the troops that support clan members if i'm reading the description right).

Kal Taron
10-03-2008, 13:57
Guess it's difficult to tell what's more efficient. After all my 3,500 farms net me 1,134,720 food but I don't know if it scales linear of if there are diminishing returns at some point.
What do turrets actually do? I mean 2000 farms would mean a lot of cash per turn so I'm leaning towards them right now. I mean I am making about 5m per turn that could buy quite some troops.
How does the limit on the bazaar for buying work?

Edit:
I've just bought a few troops.
Dire Avengers: 200,000
Rangers: 100,000
Striking Scorpions: 58,000
Falcon Grav Tank: 300
Spies: 10,970

Bad thing is that now my income is negative:
Est. Income: $26,405
Est. Expenses: $425,406
Net: -$399,001

But I guess building Mines to improve income isn't wort it, so I will probably continue to build as many farms as possible.

Edit2: Just build some Mines to test it out. 70 additional mines resulted in:
Est. Income: $53,366
Est. Expenses: $425,696
Net: -$372,330

So I have around 5321 income per mine and 1620 per farm. I guess there are diminishing returns so I will probably up my mines next a bit.

Ampersand
10-03-2008, 15:15
Happy you like the game :) Its nice to see so many players from Warseer over there. If anyone is familiar with php and mysql I would love to hear from you so we could make it even better :)

Just send the admin account in the game a PM and Ill get back to you once Im home again

Cheers

Kal Taron
10-03-2008, 15:36
I think what the game is lacking most right now is a well documented help system. The current guides seem to stem from another game and quite often the names simply don't match so you are sometimes at a loss what is actually meant.

I was also a bit surprised by some of the bonuses/penalties of some of the races (Eldar -12% Hawks but Build bonus?) but I can't judge the effect of these yet.

0ld1eye
10-03-2008, 16:17
Yeah, its still developing a bit.
I have about 1.5m chaos space marines, 500,000 khorne berzerkers and land raiders, and 3.5k defilers atm. Not bad.

The pestilent 1
10-03-2008, 16:28
Joined the Warseer 2 clan, under the name Asthaloth.

I am Chaos. Chaos is strooooooong. :p

0ld1eye
10-03-2008, 16:45
Yaaay. Go chaos.

Well... I did have vast numbers of troops. Now I have far less. Lost around 750,000 chaos space marines to attacks.
The good news is I'm producing 2m food a turn atm, and +1.3m cash, so I'll be able to buy my army back fairly fast.

WarSeer has also broken 100m networth! I think thats worth a beer or 10. Hell, any excuse to get drunk.

Ampersand
10-03-2008, 16:45
I think what the game is lacking most right now is a well documented help system. The current guides seem to stem from another game and quite often the names simply don't match so you are sometimes at a loss what is actually meant.

I was also a bit surprised by some of the bonuses/penalties of some of the races (Eldar -12% Hawks but Build bonus?) but I can't judge the effect of these yet.

Its still under development and I will listen to other suggestions regarding the bonuses and penalties for the different armies/races

I will also try and fix some of the help files next weekend when I get home :)

Im all alone on altering this game, so if you wanna help, let me know :)

Cheers

0ld1eye
10-03-2008, 16:50
We have the game developer on the forum? Sweet. I knew it would be a good idea to put the forum on the clan info.

Does ANYONE have Vengeance's stats? I just used 20 turns on espionage.

Drong
10-03-2008, 16:53
I put up a mirc channel #WarseerClan @ quakenet random server, could be of some use if we are to start attacking the big ones.

0ld1eye
10-03-2008, 17:12
Just noticed the player osmanl has been attacking weaker WarSeer members excessively, especially Hive Fleet Cuirrid. I'm out of turns, or I'd do it myself... but shall we take him down a bit?

Kal Taron
10-03-2008, 17:35
Do I want to? Yes.
Do i have the time to? No.
Sorry.

I also can't tell the effect of the modifiers yet.

edit: This was related to the call for help on development.

Kal Taron
10-03-2008, 17:42
Just joined the IRC channel.
I'd be willing to attack Osmanl tomorrow. Any idea against what kind of resistance I am going? Also will it cause problems that I am at a different place?

Sceleris82
10-03-2008, 18:12
i have no idea if what im doing is the right thing... so if anyone got some noob hints pls let me know, btw i would like to join the Warseer Clan my armys name is Searing Sun.

Drong
10-03-2008, 18:22
Just had some fighting with my tribe(#9) took many acres from him, but then vengeance attacked me 9 times =/

Kal Taron
10-03-2008, 18:26
i have no idea if what im doing is the right thing... so if anyone got some noob hints pls let me know, btw i would like to join the Warseer Clan my armys name is Searing Sun.

Read the thread from the start, there you'll find the information on how to join. If it's full there is some information on the second clan on page 5 or so.

BTW can you give acres to other players?

Rabid Bunny 666
10-03-2008, 18:58
In true sods law, i signed up but my password won't work, Rabid Bunny with the Arkhamgrad 101st!

Sceleris82
10-03-2008, 19:58
Aight sweet im a member of The Brotherhood now.

Ozorik
10-03-2008, 20:19
Currently ranked 48th with 1 turn of protection remaining.

the 139th Galloglaich regiment is scared to go that extra turn...

How many defensive points is reasonably safe? I currently have 1.12 million.

Kal Taron
10-03-2008, 22:33
How is it determined how many units are available on Bazaar?
Because right now I could buy quite an amount of troops but I don't want to leave protection until tomorrow morning.

ragnarok14
10-03-2008, 22:45
@ Kal Taron: buying stuff from the bazaar doesn't use turns

@ Ozorik: about 2 mill is decent, that said I had about 8mill and vengence trounced me, my tribe took a chunk out of me as well when I had about 4mill. Dont worry about that to much though.

winkypinky
10-03-2008, 22:50
How many defensive points is reasonably safe? I currently have 1.12 million.

I have 3.2 mill. Im ranked 5th atm... I am very new to this game but 1.12 sounds very fair. I remember that it took me a bit to get over 2k defence or offence.

0ld1eye
10-03-2008, 23:03
@ Kal Taron: buying stuff from the bazaar doesn't use turns

@ Ozorik: about 2 mill is decent, that said I had about 8mill and vengence trounced me, my tribe took a chunk out of me as well when I had about 4mill. Dont worry about that to much though.

Yeah, unfortunately even my 10mill seems to be useless against the top 3. They'll be hard to take down.

ragnarok14
10-03-2008, 23:11
managed to deal my tribe a bit of damage, had a little probe of vengence but still to powerful (didn't get the 'your forces tremble at attacking such a strong foe' though)

0ld1eye
10-03-2008, 23:26
(thats cos he's on the list of enemies, so there's no penalty for attacking)

Caboose123
10-03-2008, 23:26
Hey, thought id post my problem here.

I tried to sign up but it said that my account was disabled due to cheating... I havent played at all, i have not had the chance to cheat yet :p I want to use my account, any suggestions?

I have sent an e-mail to (who it told me to send it to) ealier tonight, and will hopefully get a reply tonight.... or tomorrow, either way, prepare yourselves... :evilgrin:

"Never have loyalist scum looked so favourable"
- Quelrath the Black

:evilgrin:

dblaz3r
10-03-2008, 23:28
I just attacked Osmanl but he was too strong for me to do anything. Are you guys using the clan market over at warseer1? Is there any point to food apart from selling it for $5 in bazaar.
Noticed my share prices are going up :)

Kal Taron
10-03-2008, 23:30
@ragnarok14
Just that I don't have that much cash right now and more importantly the upkeep would eat a lot of money so I'll buy some troops later.

I should be able to get around 3-4m points I guess.

Has anyone an idea how vengeance became that strong?

Caboose123
10-03-2008, 23:39
I wonder how many people will ignore my post :p

Sounds great, would love to get into the action, any help with my problem?....
(Post 138 in this thread)

winkypinky
10-03-2008, 23:49
He have been on the server for 2 weeks most others haven ony been there 1 week or 2-4 days.
And he plays DE who have a huge bonus early on.

jimbobodoll
11-03-2008, 00:59
doesn't seem to be working for me (using firefox)... :(

ragnarok14
11-03-2008, 02:06
I wonder how many people will ignore my post :p

Sounds great, would love to get into the action, any help with my problem?....
(Post 138 in this thread)

Sorry buddy, dont know why that is. Did you activate the account properly? Other than that, your best bet is messaging the admin (which you've already done) Maybe try create a new account?

MJCabouse
11-03-2008, 05:14
Just for anyone wondering, dont bother with share's though if you want to take the risks put alot into food as those are just going to keep going up until they hit $200

dblaz3r
11-03-2008, 05:15
If my net economic income is in the red every turn does that mean I dont have enough mines and industry? Is the fact I have alot of troops causing the net loss each turn?

MJCabouse
11-03-2008, 05:18
If my net economic income is in the red every turn does that mean I dont have enough mines and industry? Is the fact I have alot of troops causing the net loss each turn?

if you income's in red just build enough mines to get it green
industry doesn't helpv the more troops you have the higher the up keep

dblaz3r
11-03-2008, 05:33
Just noticed that the only share prices up from the previous few days are troops and land, food and nrg are down while the rest have stayed the same. From the prices I paid for them a few days ago that is.
Is there anything you can do with food apart from selling it for $5 each?

Kal Taron
11-03-2008, 09:18
I guess you need it to feed your people and army but as you use it to make lots of cash as well, you will normally have more than enough.

I just tried a few attacks but I couldn't achieve much. Took 300 land from 6th rifle. I'm now trying to get a truce with Imperium and concentrate on economy.
Eldar seem to be not very good in the game.

@ampersand
If you could grant some insight into the maths of the game, I'd be happy to think of some improvements of the races. They are a bit strange ATM. Guess you got them from a different game?
I also wonder how the Offense bonus and Hawk penalty of the Eldar turn out.

Dragonlv8
11-03-2008, 11:11
doesn't seem to be working for me (using firefox)... :(

I use firefox and it works fine for me.

ragnarok14
11-03-2008, 12:37
Nice little tip found by black guard:

OK, figured it out.
Go Clans/Main and then on the left side a bit down press "Use my troops for
Clan defense" or something like that.
It's a black button and quite easy to overlook.
With that I've now assigned
Dire Avengers 157,133
Rangers 90,189
Striking Scorpions 47,087
Falcon Grav Tank 166
to help everyone that gets attacked.

I think it should be a huge help to us if everyone does this in both clans.

winkypinky
11-03-2008, 15:46
To everyone.

Dark Eldar = The most overpowered maniacs in game.
Just like in 40k

The reason? You can not spy them.
They get a 23% bonus to "hawking" + a bonus to scroll production meaning that they will usually have as many academies as anyone else.
But what does it mean?
1. The enemy can never plan or prepare attacks on you.
2. You can conquer land from enemies without losing any troops at all.

That is 2 very huge bonusses in my head after I read through the entire game guide.
- It is also the reason why vengeance is slapping us around. I have had 7500 academies at one point. (im also playing DE) But I could not get a espionage of in 25 tries! Which means that he playing DE, and having more land than everyone else will be unspyable. And will not lose as many troops as others in the start, which makes DE great in the defence early on (you will simply just outnumber) even though they have penalties in it.

Maybe I am putting a bit to much into the spy thing.
But it means that any "underrated" player or clan will never be able to amass the spies needed to perform missions on him.
Which leads to that any strikes agaisnt such a large opponent were you will have to plan ahead and buy only 1 type of unit for a lot of billion (use bazaar + prodmarket combo to buy it) will be a totally blind strike....

Kal Taron
11-03-2008, 16:01
I'm contributing
Dire Avengers 203,172
Rangers 82,149
Striking Scorpions 54,271
Falcon Grav Tank 165
right now but I didn't get a batrep the last time Blood Angels attacked so no idea how and if it worked.

Keepers of the Burning Gate should remember to grant access to the Clan treasury.

IMO we should try to get a truce with Imperium and concentrate on Vengeance. I've already tried to convince osmanl to reign in Blood Angels and he seems to be even willing to concider a truce or alliance.

Edit: And we really need to use something else than this forum and the messages in game. The forum is too public and the messages are limited.

0ld1eye
11-03-2008, 16:18
The treasury IS open.

Caboose123
11-03-2008, 16:22
Its nothing short of a miracle, but i have gotten a return email so should soom be able to help the cause, what cause, i dont know... :evilgrin:

This "vengeance" person sounds neat :evilgrin: :D :D

winkypinky
11-03-2008, 16:29
I'm contributing
Dire Avengers 203,172
Rangers 82,149
Striking Scorpions 54,271
Falcon Grav Tank 165
right now but I didn't get a batrep the last time Blood Angels attacked so no idea how and if it worked.

Keepers of the Burning Gate should remember to grant access to the Clan treasury.

IMO we should try to get a truce with Imperium and concentrate on Vengeance. I've already tried to convince osmanl to reign in Blood Angels and he seems to be even willing to concider a truce or alliance.

Edit: And we really need to use something else than this forum and the messages in game. The forum is too public and the messages are limited.

As long as we dont post our secret masterplan here...

Btw. I have just gotten pushed out of the top 10 by vengeance for the 3th time in 20 hours...
I received no help in my combat log, and I have shared defence

It is kinda hard on my economy (since I donated alot for clan) But I also have problems withdrawing from clan treasure.

It says that the treasure is opne.
But. Under all clan members it says no access to clan treasure.

Ozorik
11-03-2008, 16:57
Well I have just accidentally donated all my gold to the treasury.....oh well just as well I have lots of surplus food :)

Kal Taron
11-03-2008, 17:13
Yep, can't withdraw from the treasury as well.

And I got some visits from my tribe. It ended about evenly but moneywise he lost far more (he did naval battle mainly and I militia :D)

In the end I had about 600 land won but I don't think I can pull that off against Vengeance himself.

And the shared defense seemed to work for our enemies but I can't say if it worked for me. Maybe it needs more time?

We really need a fast means of communication. my tribe should now be ripe for some trimming of you have turns and maybe 1.5-2m militia or something like that.

winkypinky
11-03-2008, 18:24
Well me and bolter kinda molested my tribe for 15k+ acres last night so I could imagine he would try to get some back somehow...

To the shared defence system:

Maybe it only shows when you are attacking.
Because you dont see the casulties spread out among the different defending tribes.
So it could be a static combat bonus you get pr. defender aiding you.
And since you "assist" with 10% of your troops roughly i think this could be the answer.

So it would be something like:
Assist: on =
-10% defence bonus. (10% of your units)
+10% defence bonus for each tribe aiding you in defence.
(it would probably scale to a max bonus of something like 40-60% total i guess)

Would also make more sense gamewise and be more balanced. And a lot easier to write in a game code i guess.

Barnaby XVI
11-03-2008, 19:19
Sorry to black guard

Never Chalange the unholy inquisition:chrome::evilgrin::)

so you kal tarron are black guard

you are no match for us :)

enjoy the game all

and i will spy hear for your plans

0ld1eye
11-03-2008, 19:31
bah.
I was doing so well until my tribe decided to strip me of 11k land...

everyone seems to have depressingly high defence now as well.

The game doesn't seem to be very well balanced, but thats to be expected considering the entire game is ripped off a Redwall browser game. Treasury seems to be broken as well.

dblaz3r
11-03-2008, 21:34
the treasurey is open in clan2 and I have made troops available for clan defence

Sceleris82
11-03-2008, 22:03
i dont get it, when i sell food my cash doesnt update.

Kal Taron
11-03-2008, 22:12
Normally that's just the status bar. It limbs a bit behind.

I was able to fend of my tribe again somewhat. Be it seems like he's getting more and more support form Vengeance. This time he gained 1000 land and I don't have targets where I can get it back from. Besides him that is. Maybe tomorrow.

It's obvious that they know now that we prefer militia strikes. Well, doesn't matter, we just need to get a few million more than they've got and wear them down. We could also use more active players. An active player should be able to get 2m militia in like 2 days.

Caboose123
11-03-2008, 22:50
WOW, love this game, so addictive!

Playing for 1 day and am ranked (roughly, no attacks :D) 30, whats the deal with that?

Im not in any wars and would like to stay that way, neutrality is well within the Irish moral code.

You can talk to each other if your both online, i think someone wanted a faster way of communicating...

Anyway happy hunting!

Drong
12-03-2008, 00:12
Hmm can't access the server for an hour or two now and a friend wit same ISP can't either... I hope they didn't ban us because I heard from a third friend that it's still up and running.

//Bonegnawers

edit: could now so no worry hopefully

dblaz3r
12-03-2008, 03:38
It would seem I too am being targeted by vengeance and my tribe. Whats the deal with the different attacks? what is a good number of troop types to send with each one? rather than sending everything each time.

Edit: make that all 3 of the UI members. Their favoured attack strategy seems to be the naval attack

ragnarok14
12-03-2008, 05:38
vengence is feeding them naval units (hence their large networth)

dblaz3r
12-03-2008, 05:45
any tips on how much to send for each attack? I just send everything each time but it does seem like overkill

ragnarok14
12-03-2008, 05:59
its difficult to know unless you can scout them out. Basically it breaks down like this: militia, you need more than them (they get their towers added), defensive units you need more than them, fast attack units you can have a little less than them, same with naval units.

dblaz3r
12-03-2008, 07:01
Ok I did not know that thanks for the tip.

ragnarok14
12-03-2008, 07:22
When your on the attack screen click on the game guide and it will give you a better description of the attacks/unit abilities etc.

Kal Taron
12-03-2008, 09:19
@caboose
What do you mean with talking when both are online? The message system?
It's nice but the credit limit is a large hindrance.

The big advantage of Naval units for UI is that they can simply buy so many more than everyone else. (Well, Vengeance can and he can just give money to the others.)
Edit: Oh and they seem to be cheaper in upkeep. Not too sure on that though. But as you need far less to overpower your enemy (they are like 500 times as expensive! and a bit stronger) they seem to be cheaper in the end.

Has someone the slightest idea on what the limit of the bazaar depends?

ragnarok14
12-03-2008, 09:30
not sure on the limit, but the bazaar refills faster with the more land/camps you have.

dblaz3r
12-03-2008, 09:42
has the imperium called a truce with warseer? Blood Angel asked me for a truce which I have granted for now but if they don't then it is back to war

ragnarok14
12-03-2008, 09:45
I havent recieved anything from imperium yet, but I think, best to leave it alone for as long as possible.

Kal Taron
12-03-2008, 10:11
Grr, have run out of message credits again for some reason. Can't you get into the IRC channel? That would make things so much easier.

Imperium seems to leave us alone for now, so we shouldn't attack them.

dblaz3r
12-03-2008, 10:20
I guess they have called the truce then. Good luck!! Im signing off for the night.

ragnarok14
12-03-2008, 10:40
havent got a mic unfortunately, otherwise I would. only got 10 turns atm, worth a shot though, will put the rest back after anyway.

ragnarok14
12-03-2008, 10:42
trying now anyhow :D wish me luck

ragnarok14
12-03-2008, 10:47
lol ok that didn't go so well, see clan message for info.

Kal Taron
12-03-2008, 11:39
You're Bolter Bitch?
Rest in peace comrade, your effords may never be forgotten.

PS: Welcome Bolter to the clan

ragnarok14
12-03-2008, 11:48
:D bolter bitch is gone now bolter takes his place! It's much easier the second time round i must say.

Sceleris82
12-03-2008, 12:18
where do i recruit militia ?=P

My army so far
Battle Squad 282,698
Inquisitorial Storm Troopers 31,441
Land Raider 15,597
Penitent Engine 1,000

the Penitent engines was rather expensive which is why my troop count is pretty low, but tbh i have no idea if this is a decent army at all or if it can make a diffrence.

ragnarok14
12-03-2008, 12:45
battle squad = militia
inq storm troopers = elites
land raider = fast attack
penitent engine = naval

its relatively small army though you have a decent amount of naval units, so I wouldn't worry about getting any more just now, but thats just me :)

Sceleris82
12-03-2008, 12:52
ahh ok. No wonder i couldnt find any militia option to buy.
So the best thing would be to buy a good body of militia now or what ?

Btw Bolter, you have attacked a ******** =P

Ozorik
12-03-2008, 13:10
I wish I had read about the imperium truce earlier before I wiped the floor with blood angel :) oh well...

ragnarok14
12-03-2008, 13:56
its pretty much upto your preference

militia 2:2 (attack:defence) cheap easy to get lots, some people ignore them.

elites 2:4 i think? something like that anyway, decent choice for the defensive player

Fast Attack 6:5 strong attacking units but your starting to pay $$$ for them

Naval 7:6 bloody expensive, but as such not many people have alot of them so you dont need the huge amounts you do for the others.

The pestilent 1
12-03-2008, 14:15
Couple people attacked me last night, one of who has twice as many points as I.

They didn't expect me to have so much defence, I think. :evilgrin:

Ozorik
12-03-2008, 15:05
I have begun to attract the attention of the big boys and I am going away fro a couple of days. I fully expect to be utterly crippled when I come back :)

0ld1eye
12-03-2008, 15:56
happened to me overnight. while vengeance has morals, my tribe doesn't seem to care how much damage he deals.

0ld1eye
12-03-2008, 16:04
also, anyone interested in this might also enjoy Terra Est Quaestuosa (http://teq3.playteq.com/), which is essentially the same game, but bigger. And more balanced. Better in every way.

jimbobodoll
12-03-2008, 16:17
Hi there board, joined up to Warseer's no.2 clan last night and am currently ranked 30th.... Can any of you give me some advice on what to do next?

Ive got around 2m Attack and Defense (each), cash in the bank, huge surplus of food, ~1000 *boats* (in this case grav. tanks), and am just dumping stuff in the clan treasury as I'm not sure what else to do...

Could we get some sort of clan based attack going on? Start systematically picking apart other weaker clans or something? Anyone got a grand plan?

0ld1eye
12-03-2008, 16:30
Erm... leave UI alone for the moment?

I think we were considering taking down Imperium a bit.

Caboose123
12-03-2008, 16:35
Thats very nice.

The warseer 2 clan attacked me.... about 6 times...

I still want to remain neutral, so i have sent an angry letter. But why would you attack a fellow warseerer?

Kal Taron
12-03-2008, 16:43
I'm out of it for now. Not sure if I will return during this turn. It's simply too unbalanced right now.
And when you then get ********** traitors in your back every affort to reach the top guys is futile.
The game needs quite a lot of improvement but what makes it really bad right now is the extreme imbalance.

Left a little present in the clan treasury though. Made a little mistake otherwise it would have been considerably more. (Half my army deserted me because I forgot to sell them in time...)

Caboose123
12-03-2008, 17:06
Listen, im part of the Yami Clan, and would love to ally myself to the warseer clan, if someone can speak on behalf of them.

Though not a warring nation we will offer any help we can.

################################
Caboose Out

winkypinky
12-03-2008, 17:47
Hehe I have touched the stars, but fell to the pits of hell.
Reaching top3 briefly. Ah the amounts of souls consumed in endless slaughter.
- They way of the true eldar.

Sceleris82
12-03-2008, 17:51
there is somthing i don't understand, earlier this day i had 1000 naval units, now i have 977... how can that be ?=P

Kal Taron
12-03-2008, 18:01
Maybe you lost some in shared defense? Or as it is exactly 3%, did they desert you for some reason? Like attacking someone stronger or weaker? Or did you run out of money?

Sceleris82
12-03-2008, 18:02
never attacked someone, and i got plenty of cash and stuff.

Drong
12-03-2008, 18:04
Winkypinky should get the title "Betrayer of Warseer" or something :P

Kal Taron
12-03-2008, 18:56
Nah, you should just cleanse him out of the galaxy.

Edit: And it seems like you put my money to good use. Or didn't you use it yet.

Drong
12-03-2008, 19:25
Nope I can't take out money yet =/

Xen-Ra
12-03-2008, 20:11
its ogame all over again......
i lost a job over that....lol

0ld1eye
12-03-2008, 20:23
Hmmm... I think I'll go defensive for the moment, then buy myself back into the top 5. God knows I'm drowning in food and money.

Sceleris82
12-03-2008, 23:51
Do you pay salery or somthing at a spcefik point ? since this evening i got drained of a ton of cash and had to spend all my turns and **** on getting food to pay for soldiers salery and etc.

0ld1eye
12-03-2008, 23:55
Might have been spies stealing your cash.

dblaz3r
13-03-2008, 00:19
I wish I had read about the imperium truce earlier before I wiped the floor with blood angel :) oh well...

Yes he messaged me asking if the truce was still on ;)

jimbobodoll
13-03-2008, 01:12
What are the combined thoughts of Warseer clans 1 and 2 (I'm in 2) on when it comes to taking out another clan in a brutal head hunt and exterminate campaign? I'm personally all for laying the smack down on Librarium Online (LO): The suckers are fairly weak and just begging for a kicking.... Mmmmm Ganking tastes good.... :D

dblaz3r
13-03-2008, 06:32
Its not looking like the UI is going down anytime soon so may as well take the aggression to some other poor sod :evilgrin:

ragnarok14
13-03-2008, 06:59
Yeah I think we'll have to wait until we are on a more equal footing.

dblaz3r
13-03-2008, 07:18
Well I have cashed in everything and handed over the reigns of warseer2 to Biel Tan. With the might of the UI I don't see any point, back to painting and modeling :) Good luck everyone I'll keep an eye on the boards to see how it all pans out.

Swotz
13-03-2008, 10:40
Yeah, it looks like the ~UI~ is pretty darned powerful to me. Have you tried reasoning with them?

Brute force does not seem to be working if you ask me. And the spies they have are really powerful, so no-one can seem to plan an attack against them.

You could call a truce, and then proceed to build up and make a combined effort against the ~UI~?

Sceleris82
13-03-2008, 11:58
i dont get it all my cash keeps getting drained =P,,, ah well screw this,, not gonna bother with crazy stuff like this.

0ld1eye
13-03-2008, 12:33
Yeah, it looks like the ~UI~ is pretty darned powerful to me. Have you tried reasoning with them?

Brute force does not seem to be working if you ask me. And the spies they have are really powerful, so no-one can seem to plan an attack against them.

You could call a truce, and then proceed to build up and make a combined effort against the ~UI~?

We used to have a truce, but that ended for some reason.

ragnarok14
13-03-2008, 12:59
We used to have a truce, but that ended for some reason.

because he needed land apparrently :)

anyway i'm sitting back and just slowing building up now, no more attacking for me.

0ld1eye
13-03-2008, 14:27
Ditto.
I've got close to 15 billion in the bank, I'll just keep my income positive, food high, and keep building more towers. When the time comes to attack, I figure I should have enough to buy myself a massive army and keep it fed and paid for a good few turns.

ragnarok14
13-03-2008, 22:26
hmmm UI seems to be attracting more and more members... I think we are fighting a losing battle here.

ragnarok14
14-03-2008, 11:08
ok so i'm back in the game (atleast until vengence pounds me for taking a chunk out of one of UI's member). FYI atm oompaloompas is quite susceptable to militia attacks.

Caboose123
14-03-2008, 15:26
BIG WTF,

I did one "almost-friendly" attack, then 5 members of the warseer clan pound me relentlessly, not cool dudes.

I lost 3 million networth :'( and LOTS of land...

As is my style i will hold out on any major retaliations, but clam down guys....

Draconian77
14-03-2008, 15:41
Warseer I have little patience for your cowardly acts against Caboose.

There will be a reckoning.

Clan Yami.

On another note clan Yami is recruiting so feel free to PM about it.

Kal Taron
14-03-2008, 18:18
That's what makes this game pointless in the end. You simply have not enough targets of equal strength and once they are bored enough or feel like it the top players can do with you what they want. And to compensate you need to turn on over players. Which don't have a chance unless they get help from the big guys which could mean that you suddenly have no chance...

Just see what happened when the Warseer clan tried to bring UI down a bit:
Vengeance is more powerfull then ever, the single UI members too and the Warseer member are treading on the same spot BUT only as long as they get lost land back from weaker players.

Sorry, but this game is pointless right now and I'm not even sure if the basic principle might work after a restart and with a larger player base.

winkypinky
14-03-2008, 20:35
The problem is that the warseer clan is to large which limits its high ranking players in targets for new ground, so they can not attempt a strike at a ~UI~ member.

ragnarok14
14-03-2008, 23:18
There really should be a more viable way to gain land other than attacking. Scout/exploring is fine uptil a point, then it just become way to expensive in terms of turns/cost/return. It forces people to pound others in order to get ahead rather than providing an option for a more 'defensive' player.

0ld1eye
14-03-2008, 23:25
Yeah, I think you should be able to buy land on the bazaar. At a high price, of course... coupla million an acre...

Isambard
15-03-2008, 16:03
I am having issue with the clan treasury at the moment. It is set to open but I cant withdraw anything :|

Draconian77
15-03-2008, 17:38
I think they that they should scrap the clan system entirely. Every man/bug.demon spawn for him/itself so to say. You could still send aid and make peace with people but it would mean there are many targets for you to attack and its less likely multiple people attack you at once.

ragnarok14
16-03-2008, 00:10
clan treasury seems to be fixed now for those wondering.

i agree about the need to change the clan format.

Caboose123
16-03-2008, 00:19
Got attacked by the Warseer clan again... wtf....

Anyway, i ask for no one to quit playing this game, im on the latenight forums and im talking to the admin suggesting changes (including most of those here).

He has listened to a need for a more defensive style of play and a change to the clan system, and a restart will happen once the bugs are fixed.

Its a new game, it has its problems, but these will get fixed in time, and it will hopefully be a very good game, so @ everyone please dont leave yet.

@ScrapLegion, i want my 1000 acres back dammit, im fairly sure clan Yami is allied with Warseer...

ragnarok14
16-03-2008, 00:30
I wont leave, it sounds like the people behind are really trying to make it good which is a nice change :D

As for attacking, I dont think clan yami is allied with warseer, at least from the warseer side. I'd suggest sending a message to the clan leaders (indicated by the ** either side of the clan name) and tell them to change their diplomatic settings!

Caboose123
16-03-2008, 02:53
Well, being part of Clan Yami, and on warseer i thought that was a given...

However, i am not the clan Yami leader, draconian is (see above)...

Draconian77
16-03-2008, 02:55
I would ally with warseer but they keep attacking Caboose who is in my clan. Hmm, Caboose aren't you the diplomat? Negotiate the alliance, I grant you full power temporarily.

I can't wait for the restart.

Now on to the attacking...

Ampersand
16-03-2008, 20:32
I did some changes tonight that will make it better to explore also in the long run cause I raised the multipliers from around 1 to 3

Kal Taron
16-03-2008, 23:49
How could Swedish Vikings beat UI up that much? Looks a bit strange IMO.

Caboose123
16-03-2008, 23:50
Are you the admin?

Well, we are discussing the changes on your forum, and what needs to be changed/"fixed"...

And does anyone on warseer want to ally warseer clan with clan Yami? Otherwise we may eventually retaliate to your constant attacks even though we have an unofficial peace treaty atm...

ragnarok14
17-03-2008, 02:43
I would make the changes but i'm not admin on warseer anymore.

The changes to the multipliers have had a huge effect. New players gaining land, and as a result troops/food, at a rediculous rate (its like 200+ land for scouting now). I was just testing some of the changes out and in 110 turns I went from 15mil networth to almost 38mil with no attacking or spending money on extra troops.

Caboose123
17-03-2008, 05:39
The Phrase "gone too far" comes to mind... The new changes kinda makes the older players redundant....

ragnarok14
17-03-2008, 06:34
There is going to be a reset soon anyway so dont worry to much.

Ampersand
17-03-2008, 16:16
Im the admin of the game, but if there are anyone else out there with php skills let me know cause mine is pretty limited :)

Happy easter
Cheers
roger

Ampersand
18-03-2008, 11:32
New Reset will be today. To give everyone a change to get back I will not delete the accounts, just empty them. So you can login with your same username and password

Rest Time
Tuesday March 18th 2008
19:00 GMT

www.promisanse.com (http://www.promisanse.com)

0ld1eye
18-03-2008, 11:54
Excellent. I'll be on just after to get a head start.

Isambard
18-03-2008, 19:28
New round, new clan.

Come and join, the password is Eldrad

0ld1eye
18-03-2008, 19:55
password doesn't work. odd.

Isambard
18-03-2008, 19:57
Try again. I was having problems so i fixed it :D

0ld1eye
18-03-2008, 20:02
works now. excellent.

rank 5 already... puzzlingly, I seem to have a net of +60 million food, which is new.

defilers seem shockingly easy to produce now.

funky.

Isambard
18-03-2008, 20:55
Please tell me you have some turns of protection left......

0ld1eye
18-03-2008, 21:04
Pfft, who needs protection?

I have somewhere in the region of 10k towers, and vast quantities of troops. From what I can judge, the average defence seems to be far, far higher than offence.

Isambard
18-03-2008, 21:45
Well, lets see who else joins in.

Good luck one and all :D

Caboose123
18-03-2008, 23:15
Im thinking of joining the Warseer clan (The clan yami members got sick of the bugs)

I will join, see you all!

(Both my tribes joined, hope you dont mind, "Scrapheap Challenge" and "Emporer's Pointy Sticks")