PDA

View Full Version : Magic offence?

Jos
06-03-2008, 22:24
So I was thinking of my nurgle army and got to the thing magic! Magic makes interessting games, but it's way expensive for an already costly army. besides, they're not the strongest of fractions for wielding magic. Any views on this? just go for magic defence and be a bit mainstream?

Oenghus
06-03-2008, 22:41
I tend to either go balls-out magic offense -- to the point that it's painful to the other player, or just take along enough defense to survive a couple of turns and spend the spare points on lovely killy things.

Going half-way doesn't appeal to me. Everyone brings enough magic defense to survive a kinda magic-y army.

knightime98
07-03-2008, 06:04
In general magic usually doesn't pay for itself. Certainly, there are some exceptions. However, far and wide it is best to just have as many actual troops on the field as possible. Especially if you are Nurgle which causes fear - need the outnumbering to make it really work. So, my opinion would be to take a little magic for defensive purposes and get troops as many as you can...

FurryMiguell
07-03-2008, 06:52
check out the Magic 101 tactica by Happy_Doctor. It is exelent!

Cheers:D

Jericho
07-03-2008, 07:23
Word to the wise, Nurgle isn't mark you want to be playing for Magic heavy. Slaanesh and Tzeentch are much better suited for the job. The spell lore isn't great and your mark doesn't help with the magic phase at all.