PDA

View Full Version : 1500pts high elves for LGC

adreal
07-03-2008, 05:46
Will be mainly friendly competive games (ie, out to win but not to loose friends)

HEROS
Nobel
-lance
-shield
-armour of protection
-barded elven steed
=152pts
Mage
-level 2
-seerstaff
-tailsmen of protection
=175pts
TROOPS
20 Spearmen
-full command
=205pts
10 Archers
=110pts
10 Archers
=110pts
SPECIAL
9 Silver Helms
-shields
-full command
=247pts
5 Dragon Princes
-full command
-Warbanner
-the Amulet of Light
=235pts
RARE
RBT
=100pts
RBT
=100pts

ok, this is a fluffy building up army (maybe for campaigns) and other characters have other magic items, so thats why they may seem subpar at first glance, also this whole army has to painted so I'm limited by what I can field there.

As to what I can bring into the list (that's painted)
Teclis/Archmage (not really allowed in 1500pts realise but yeah)
Mounted Mage (unbarded steed) with starwood staff
20 spearmen full command
Tironic Chariot
Nobel in chariot with great weapon, armour of caledor, guardian pheonix
Nobel on foot with white sword, heavy armour
A unriden dragon (going to be a dragonmage/archmage on moon dragon)

So if you think I should change something in my above list, then this is what I have available (already painted, I'm busy finishing the dragon princes and noble on steed)

Tarian
07-03-2008, 19:30
If you don't mind, I'll comment by entry. All of my comments will start with "~".

HEROS
Nobel
-lance
-shield
-armour of protection
-barded elven steed

~ I prefer Heavy/Dragon armor + the Helm of Fortune. A 1+ rerollable save is very nice.
=152pts
Mage
-level 2
-seerstaff
-tailsmen of protection
=175pts

~ Save the points, drop the Talisman. a 6+ Ward Save does next to nothing. Also, I like taking at least 1 Dispel Scroll, in case something nasty pops up.
TROOPS
20 Spearmen
-full command
=205pts

~good
10 Archers
=110pts
10 Archers
=110pts

~Good, if you like archers. I don't personally, and would rather field spears, but that's a taste preference.
SPECIAL
9 Silver Helms
-shields
-full command
=247pts

~I don't like fielding more than 5 knights. The extra 4 (I'm assuming the hero goes here for a rank bonus) isn't worth the points in my opinion. You'd be better off with a chariot instead of the rear rank, I think.
5 Dragon Princes
-full command
-Warbanner
-the Amulet of Light
=235pts

~good
RARE
RBT
=100pts
RBT
=100pts

~RBTs are very good.

If you want to, look at some of the HE elite infantry. They're quite good now, though rather frail. (Of course they're frail, they're elves :P)

adreal
07-03-2008, 23:02
Thanks for the comments,

The nobel I like because he has a wardsave, and i'm paranoid about my elfy nobel, a !+ save is nice, but if he doesn't get it....then what?

I'll drop the tailsmen for a dispell scroll, it makes sense

I like archers, and I find that they seem to do well when there is more then the token unit of ten archers that you'll sometimes see in armies, this might be a hang over from my tomb king army (who always had atleast 30) but yeah

yeah the helms are 9 for the hero to go in there, i'm just worried that if I get rubber lance syndrom they will break and get run down if I'm only using 5, although a chariot does seem like it would be more fun, and adds another tactical eliment to the list

I would love to be able to use my swordmasters (have a unit of 14 plus a hero to go with them), but they are unpainted so I can't use them in this game coming up, still I might look at investing in some (and by that I mean painting them)

SV_Harlequin
07-03-2008, 23:13
If you want to offer the mage some protection stick him on a barded Steed.

9 Helms in one Regiments is a waste you are either better of splitting them up or dropping then down to 6.