PDA

View Full Version : more undead questions

Jagosaja
07-03-2008, 08:49
I got my book last evening, and guess what, I have questions!

1) Aura of Dark Majesty explicitly states that the -1 penalty to Ld is "cumulative with any other modifiers". Does that "other" part mean that it can be used with conjunction with another Aura of Dark Majesty as well or only with the "other" means of lowering enemy Ld?

2) "Ethereal movement" special rule claims that movement of ethereal creatures is "never affected by any special rule, spell or item that would otherwise reduce their movement or stop them for moving completely." Here is the tricky part. Does this mean that ethereal creatures cannot be march blocked?

Atrahasis
07-03-2008, 09:03
1) this one will likely result in pages of discussion with one side saying "of course it does" and the other arguing about the semantics of "other". Have ot wait for a FAQ methinks.

2) No. Being march blocked is not a penalty. Marching is a bonus, not receiving a bonus is not a penalty.

SuperBeast
07-03-2008, 09:59
Or, to put another way - march blocking is a standard rule, not a special rule.

With aura of dark majesty (book not to hand) I think it states "within 6" of 1 OR MORE vampires" or similar; suggesting that AoDM is not stackable with other AoDM, but would be cumulative with combat res modifiers, the -3 for Beguile, etc.

HellRaid
07-03-2008, 13:32
With aura of dark majesty (book not to hand) I think it states "within 6" of 1 OR MORE vampires" or similar; suggesting that AoDM is not stackable with other AoDM, but would be cumulative with combat res modifiers, the -3 for Beguile, etc.

This is correct.

I would say (and play) that Ethereal units are march-blocked as normal too.

T10
07-03-2008, 15:18
1) this one will likely result in pages of discussion with one side saying "of course it does" and the other arguing about the semantics of "other". Have ot wait for a FAQ methinks.

2) No. Being march blocked is not a penalty. Marching is a bonus, not receiving a bonus is not a penalty.

Quoted for truth.

-T10

dwarf Ironbeard
07-03-2008, 15:56
Is this army list legal, see Banshee. Or is this a case of GW not knowing their own rules.

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/warhammer/vampirecounts/gettingstarted/core_army.htm

Spirit
07-03-2008, 19:58
Yea you really need to read this rules set, it says "one or more vamps with the power will confer -1" thus is can be stacked.

It CAN however, be stacked with the -3 ld spell in the lore of death... good luck rallying then!

T10
07-03-2008, 20:03
Doh! Even more true!

-T10

Saben
09-03-2008, 13:25
Is this army list legal, see Banshee. Or is this a case of GW not knowing their own rules.

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/warhammer/vampirecounts/gettingstarted/core_army.htm

I noticed that. It's probably left over from playtesting, but it is illegal now.

Also notice in the sample list in the Army Book the Blood Knight Kastellean is given a Cursed Book. When he's only allowed to have a Magic WEAPON according to his entry. 2/2 lists invalid, looking good GW....

heinrichvoncarstein
09-03-2008, 14:01
I betting that that list was made before they were finished with the book, meaning that it was correct one time but then they forgot to change it.

Spirit
09-03-2008, 14:36
Yea that army also has 2 units of dire wolves, for the same points, but only one has the doom wolf. They are the same number. Its just a part of the book the couldnt be bothered checking.

heinrichvoncarstein
09-03-2008, 16:40
And i'm betting that that's the part of the list that's a typo

TheslannIam
10-03-2008, 13:52
Since necromancers are only level 1 wizards how can they cast the same spell multiple times. Where do you guys get the power dice for the necros, beside the 2 common dice and the power stones?
Thanks for comments!

Chris

Oberon
10-03-2008, 13:54
You answered it by yourself already :) Power stones, dice from the pool ( black periapt gets you these too) and his own dice. 1 stone, periapt, pool and level dice=>3x2-dice castings of vanhel, dispel that. :P