PDA

View Full Version : Skaven triad

x-esiv-4c
06-10-2005, 14:18
Hi, can someone please explain what a "Triad" is and perhaps supply an example of one?

Thanks muchly!

Melchor
06-10-2005, 14:25
EDIT: Should read what forum this is... ignore me. :rolleyes:

*Reports to torture chamber

Jedi152
06-10-2005, 14:36
@Melchor: Did you be any chance mention a certain Chinese organisation?

An Eshin Triad is a new unit written for the SoC Clan Eshin list. It's a rare choice and basically consists of a unit of 3 assassins. That's it really.

Atrahasis
06-10-2005, 14:39
The Eshin Triad is a rare choice in Storm of Chaos Eshin lists, and is a skirmishing unit of 3 Assassins (same stats and equipment as character choice). They can't take any magic items, but can take smoke bombs for 30 points.

They can scout, but lose the "hidden" ability of assassins.

Between them they have 12 S4 poisoned&magical attacks and 3 poisoned&magical throwing stars.

Throw them into combat with a ranked unit of infantry and they'll prbably hold it for a couple of turns, along with any other unit they almost guarantee victory. Theire best place is in teh flank of cavalry/ogre-sized units, where they can kill enough models to ensure they will never be attacked back.

x-esiv-4c
06-10-2005, 14:46
Sound quite nasty! I'm assuming they've become a staple in most Eshin lists then?

skavenguy13
06-10-2005, 22:20
Well, eshin lists aren't that popular because you can only hide unless you attack with lots of gutter runners have have a POSSIBILITY of winning a CC against infantry. And there's almost no way to kill cavalry, especially heavies, because nothing except characters/triads/non-eshin units have more than S3.

And their magic is useful only once or twice and then doesn't do a thing unless you have a character-hunter master assassin.

branchwrath
09-10-2005, 10:32
I once wiped out a Triad with one scream from a banshee...It was amazing...

Ah memories... Pardon the interruption, go on.

skavenguy13
09-10-2005, 15:01
Yeah, they have no save and only T4 and 2W each. Against almost every shootingmagic they can be easily destroyed in a turn or 2. I once used a triad and half of it was killed by handgunners. And the only time I played against one, I gunned it all down in 1 ratling gun shot (I admit I was lucky though: 11 with 2 dice :rolleyes: )

captaincortez
12-10-2005, 15:09
Remember, If you play at night with your Eshin army, the Triad have a better chance of advancing without getting shot up. They can also scout which, as a small unit, allows them to hide close and spring an attack by turn 2 (plus being deployed last is nice). I use 2 triads in my pure assassin eshin army. In most games, I lose 1 of them but they can inflict mas casualties against the flank of any unit...just avoid fear-causing enemies that outnumber.