PDA

View Full Version : More vampire questions.

picantes pantelones
07-03-2008, 20:36
1. Can Vampires wear armor and cast spells. Cannot seem to find it in their book.
2. Under the Black Coach special rules it states that the coach has the Vampire rule on pg. 35. This states that a vampire is a wizard... Am I to assume that the black coach generates a power/dispell dice every turn?

Thanks.

Jonke
07-03-2008, 20:46
1. Everyone can wear armour and cast spells.

2. Don't have the vc book, but does it say which level the coach is? Cause wizards generate power and dispel dice according to their level. And I faintly remember from some other thread that only vampire characters are wizards.

Snowboard_Soldier
07-03-2008, 20:46
1. Does it not state in the rulebook about wizards wearing magical armour, and not each army book?

2. The Black Coach is supposed to contain a Vampire inside it - effectively it is the Vampire's (somewhat pimped-out) ride - so I would say that yes it does. However I have raised this question with the Vargulf, which also states that it is a Vampire, and therfore in theory should get magic - at least the Invocation of Nehek spell, however my opponent did not allow it and said that the Vargulf can't.

AlexCage
07-03-2008, 20:47
1. There's no rule preventing you from doing so. The only rule that would apply here is that you need to have access to a mundane item to buy magic items of the same time. Vampires have access to mundane armor and weapons through the Avatar of Death vampire power.
2. The Vampire rule states that all Vampire CHARACTERS are wizards. The Black Coach (nor the varghulf or Blood Knights) are characters, and thus do not generate any power or dispel dice.. that'd be.. insane. Can you imagine Blood Knights being wizards? Ahg!

Snowboard_Soldier
07-03-2008, 20:51
@ AlexCage - does it not state, I believe in the rulebook (but it could be in just the army books) that magic users cannot carry or wear magic armour? I may be wrong though but I remember something of this in Wood Elves at least.

AlexCage
07-03-2008, 20:55
Well I don't have my rulebook on hand, but I have reread the magic items section a couple times now to try and find it. I have yet to see anything saying you can't have magic armor and cast.

However, the rule I mentioned in my previous post which states you have to have access to mundane items of the same type has a phrase at the end of it stating something along the lines of "This normally means wizards cannot take magic armor as it interferes with their concentration" or something of that nature.

Wood Elf Casters (along with Necromancers) have no access to mundane armor, and thus cannot take magic armor (Unless otherwise noted, see: Nightshroud).

I'm not always right about these things but I've yet to see anything to the contrary.

Snowboard_Soldier
07-03-2008, 20:58
Ah okay, I see what you mean now Alex. Thanks.

niox
07-03-2008, 22:28
@ AlexCage - does it not state, I believe in the rulebook (but it could be in just the army books) that magic users cannot carry or wear magic armour? I may be wrong though but I remember something of this in Wood Elves at least.

That rule was removed when they released Warhammer 7th edition.
You are free to cast magic while wearing any armor. A vampire character can take any magic armor, this is written above the Magic Armor section in the VC book.

Tutore
08-03-2008, 12:28
A propos of Black Coach: I have a question, which probably comes from the italian translation of the armybook.
Every time you roll a 6 on a power dice for the coach, do you have then to roll a dice and see what power the coach receives, or do you gain the first power, then the second and so on until all 6 coach powers are gained?
Second: perhaps I didn't read carefully. May you make a wight lead your army? Or is it necessary to have a vampire lead it?

Xirathnix
08-03-2008, 15:23
A propos of Black Coach: I have a question, which probably comes from the italian translation of the armybook.
Every time you roll a 6 on a power dice for the coach, do you have then to roll a dice and see what power the coach receives, or do you gain the first power, then the second and so on until all 6 coach powers are gained?
Second: perhaps I didn't read carefully. May you make a wight lead your army? Or is it necessary to have a vampire lead it?

The number next to the power on the coach chart indicates how many 6's you have rolled so far. When you have rolled one 6 you get the first power and get the other powers as you keep rolling 6's.

Under army composition it says that a vampire must lead the army.

Tutore
09-03-2008, 13:29
Thanks Xirathnix.