PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Take all comers army ( tourney roller )

Akuma
08-03-2008, 00:32
2000 Pts - Empire Army

Arch Lector of Sigmar 304 Pts
General; Prayers of Sigmar; Heavy Armour; Shield
Sword of Fate
Van Horstman's Speculum
War Altar

The first Anvil and big chees ... VHS and Sword of Fate for enemy character protection ( i chalange him if he accepts he's dead )

Captain
Lance; Full Plate Armor; Pegasus Aldred's Casket of Sorcery

This is one of the best thing that happend to the empire in the new book ( 2+ as flying spell eater ... ) He can be used in many ways but 3 shine most brightly

- weak things killer - warmachine crews will never be safe with him around ...
- spell disrupter with pegasi he can eat spells from turn 1 or at most 2 with one or 2 good rolls he can rally cripple enemy battle plan ...

Battle Wizard
Magic Level 2
Dispel Scroll [25]

Battle Wizard
Magic Level 2
Dispel Scroll [25]

Mages fit very diffrent role - I've noticed that enemy eithers goes magic heavy or takes only a caddy - in the first option if you go magic heavy you just try to win magic phase with him and thats the whole game - if he gets caddy he probably closes in to fast and it gets to simple dice rolling ... With this set up i have 3 bound spells + 6 power dices - with this amount i can easy cast 1 or 2 spells aginst caddy armys AND aginst magic heavy i have 6 disspel ( almost dwarflishly good ) and 2 diss scrolls - and that should be plenty ...

25 Swordsmen
Light Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician Duellist

5 Detachment - Archer
10 Detachment - Free Company

Second Anvil unit - easy and simple - archers for skirmish screen and free comp for taking away enemy rank bonus

15 Flagellant Warbands

Tarpit unit

10 Handgunners
Marksman

Protect machine hill

5 Pistoliers
Brace of Pistols; Light Armour; Musician; Warhorse Outrider (Repeater Pistol)

Very good at protecting warmachines

Great Cannon
Great Cannon

Dragon killers chariot destroyers enemy machine hunters

Mortar

With the new ASF and new VC mortar is very very nice versus low T inffantry ... The thing is that with the exeption of dwarf just about any army oth there has such targets

Helblaster Volley Gun

For psychologicall warfare - it can easly decimate whole unit of ranked knights in one shoot or blow up :D just it happens that clear thinking enemys wont take risks - usually guards my machine hill form flyers and like ...

Steam Tank

-Big Chees - It is 3 Instalment in anvil unit category but it can also easly make for the hammer - usually it guards one flank of my army ( opposite to the flagellants one ) + it gies my 3 cannon and aginst new dragons its very nice asset-

Casting Pool: 6
Dispel Pool: 6
Models in Army: 93
Total Army Cost: 2000

This Basiclly is THE Empire Army - It uses whole spectrum of units to achive synergy - it can deal with every enemy while not beeing uber cheesy and not beeing unfluffy it gives you something to do in all phases and on top of it always has some tricks up it sleav - It is by no means super WAAC list - its for friendlies but it turned out to be very cometative ...

So what Say you ?

Captain Ahab
08-03-2008, 01:58
Despite that you will hear people say its "cheesy", I like it and think it would be fun to play against.