PDA

View Full Version : Can warriors ever regain their frenzy?

bluekitsune13
09-03-2008, 01:25
Now then, in the rulebook it says that units with frenzy must always charge enemies if they can, and get a +1 attack in battle. They also always pursue, overrun, etc. Now then it says that if a unit that is frenzied is defeated in a turn of combat they will lose their frenzy for the rest of the battle. When they say the word "battle" does that mean the rest of the close combat that they engage in? So as soon as either one breaks and is unengaged again, do they get their frenzy back? Or does the "rest of the battle" mean until the end of the game? If the latter is true, do some frenzy units have ways to get back their frenzy?

The reason I ask is because I plan to accumulate an Orc and Goblin army. I've kind of passed up the Savage Orcs because I don't really see them as that great. However in the case of going against units that cause fear, like Tomb Kings or Vampire Counts, their frenzy could come in useful. So which interpretation is true?

theunwantedbeing
09-03-2008, 01:37
Battle as in, we play a 6 turn "battle".

Jonke
09-03-2008, 01:37
Battle is the whole battle i.e. all six player turns.

bluekitsune13
09-03-2008, 01:39
I see. That kind of stinks, huh? Are there any units that start as frenzied and can regain it later?

Nurgling Chieftain
09-03-2008, 03:27
It's a big game system. There are a handful of ways to gain, regain, or simply never lose frenzy in the various army books. I can't think of any that apply to units of savage orcs, though.

Finnigan2004
09-03-2008, 05:09
I think that witch elves can regain their frenzy and khornate units with the right magical banner will not lose it when beaten in combat.

Yehoshua
09-03-2008, 06:16
A slaanesh spell can grant frenzy.

Griefbringer
09-03-2008, 09:21
There are also certain units like carnosaurs that will not loose their frenzy (though carnosaur does not have frenzy in the beginning of the game).

And dragon ogres go wild when hit by thunder and lightning.

T10
09-03-2008, 11:32
I see. That kind of stinks, huh? Are there any units that start as frenzied and can regain it later?

Yes, though I don't think it is quite necessary to list them all.

-T10

EvC
09-03-2008, 13:51
Though mentioning Konrad's ability to regain Frenzy if he rolls that result up a turn after being defeated in combat, might be pertinent considering the glut of VC-related questions we're getting these days (Who am I kidding, no-one bothers with checking if their question has been answered before?)...