PDA

View Full Version : Bretonnians 2000 points - balanced

Kahadras
06-10-2005, 17:47
Lord + Grail vow, barded warhorse, lance, the Grail Shield, Gromril Great Helm, Virtue of Confidence and Gauntlet of the Duel = 265p

8 Knights of the Relm + full command = 216p

This is my primary unit. The Lord is a monster when it comes to challenges. The opponant has to answer them and he gets to rerolled failed to hit and to wound. On top of this he has a 1+ rerollable armour save and a 4+ ward save to boot. I am going to aim this at one of my oppoanants large units.

Paladin + barded warhorse, Warbanner and Virtue of Duty = 115p

8 Knights of the Relm + full command = 216p

My second big unit of knights. Again it is designed to cause maximum damage on the charge with the BSB adding his weight to increase my combat result to such a level where my oppoanant cannot hope to hold.

Damsel + 2 Dispel scrolls = 120p

Yup scroll caddy I am afaird but I need that protection for magic for the first two turns before I get into combat and start breaking heads. She will be deployed near the Men at arms to gain the cover of the unit.

Paladin + great weapon, questing vow, Pegasus, Virtue of Audacity and Enchanted Shield = 162p

My mobile character. Great for march blocking, taking down warmachines and picking off lone characters. He is also capable of going up against scary monsters with his strength of six, rerolling of failed to hit and to wound and ability to overcome fear and terror.

9 Knights Errant + full command and errantry banner = 221p

My third big hitty unit. The Errantry banner really increases their punch on the charge but also makes them slightly more unpredictable which could be a bad thing if I want to maintain a coherant battleline.

4 Pegasus Knights = 220p

My second march blocking unit. They will basicaly do the same job as my Pegasus riding Paladin without feeling the need to attack big, scary monsters.

6 Grail Knights = 258p

The last of my knight units. These guys are very scary and can cause a massive ammount of damage when they charge. Being immune to psychology is also a bonus.

16 Men at arms = 80p

Basicaly there to hold/contest table quarters. I have found that with an all knight army at the end of the battle my entire force ends up in my opponants deployment zone and I lose valuable victory points from lack of my own table quarters. The unit is also there to provide some protection for my Damsel.

10 Archers = 60p

10 Archers = 60p

Not much shooty stuff but enough to cause problems for a flanking unit or two.

= 1993p

The basic plan is to move my 2 large KotR units up the center protected by my Errants and Grail knight units. The pegasus units flank while the peasants form a defencive position to hold the center, protect the Damsel and to shoot up any small flanking units.

Kahadras

Brother Edwin
06-10-2005, 22:08
I think it looks good apart from the lack of magic defense.

If you were makeing it more effective I would lose a peasant unit and a knight for another scroll caddy damsel.

samw
06-10-2005, 22:39
1) You can't take both the grail shield and gromril great helm, that's two magic armours.

2) You haven't paid for your BSB's warhorse.

3) Virtue of the ideal will serve you better for your pegasus hero

That's all off the top of my head.

Kahadras
07-10-2005, 09:26
OK then I hammered out the kinks in the list. It now looks like this...

Lord + Grail vow, barded warhorse, lance, the Grail shield, Virtue of confidence and gauntlet of the duel = 235p
+8 Knights of the Relm + full command = 216p

Paladin + barded warhorse, Virtue of duty and Warbanner = 129p
+8 Knights of the Relm + full command = 216p

Paladin + great weapon, Questing vow, Pegasus, Virtue of the ideal and Enchanted shield = 167p

Damsel + Dispel scroll = 95p

Damsel + Dispel scroll = 95p

9 Knights errant + full command and errantry banner = 221p

3 Pegasus knights = 165p

6 Grail knights + full command = 165p

16 Men at arms = 80p

10 Archers = 60p

10 Archers = 60p

Total = 1997p

samw
08-10-2005, 21:56
Drop the M@A +83

make one unit of KoTR Questing knights instead -36

give one damsel another scroll -25

give the other the chalice of malfleur -20

My humble advice.

Kahadras
09-10-2005, 01:21
make one unit of KoTR Questing knights instead

I don't really like the idea of having questing knights in my bret army (apart from random characters). I prefer to think of them off looking for the Grail not comming together to fight as a unit (this is just personal preferance from reading the fluff. Think I will drop the M@A though and take the extra magic items. I will push the rest into making my archer squads bigger.

Kahadras

Brother Edwin
09-10-2005, 11:29
Have you not thought of turning the men at arms into eather a)another unit of bowmen or b)A trechubut(you would have to find 10 points) or c)a unit of mounted yeomen.

As a unit of archers they would still capture a table quarter and start softening up the opponent turn one.

A trechubut would do the same , dont think it can capture quarters thow.

Yeomen are invaluably useful for misdirecting and fleeing from charged etc.

On the other hand the men at arms do look cool, I was thinking of doing a empire army based on them.

MisterHeavy
11-10-2005, 21:27
Paladin + great weapon, Questing vow, Pegasus, Virtue of the ideal and Enchanted shield = 167p

Can you take a shield when you have a great weapon?

Kahadras
12-10-2005, 03:07
Should be able to. It just ups his save out of combat (reducing the chances of him being shot to death before he gets into combat.

Kahadras