PDA

View Full Version : Lore of Heavens and cannons

londo
09-03-2008, 01:58
Hi,
There is a spell in lore of heavens that allow you to re-roll rolls to hit, wound, armour saves and ward saves. My question is: can i reroll hits from a cannon as well? Iv read somewhere that i can and i just want to make sure...
Thank You

Nurgling Chieftain
09-03-2008, 03:24
Cannons do not roll to hit, so you cannot re-roll their artillery dice that way. There are a couple of Heavens spells that would potentially allow you to re-roll their to-wound rolls, however.

DeathlessDraich
09-03-2008, 10:06
pg xvi "except where clearly specified, artillery and scatter dice cannot be re-rolled"

londo
09-03-2008, 14:13
Sorry but what is it if is not roll to hit? Its just using a different dice. You do not hit automaticly you have to check that you hit or not - so it is roll to hit. Is it? And the spell clearly states that you can reroll rolls to hits.
But im not sure... It just sounds ok.
Thank You

Falkman
09-03-2008, 14:19
No, it is not a roll to hit, it is a roll to check how long your cannonball bounce/veer off target. A hit roll is made using either BS or WS (in some situations you use other stats, mostly with the use of certain magical items, but that is clearly stated where it is relevant) and so you cannot re-roll the artillery dice from the cannon.

Shamfrit
09-03-2008, 14:19
The cannon ball does not need to roll to hit, the Artillery dice is to determine it's range, and it's bounce, anything in that path is automatically hit, and thus, no to hit roll is needed or rolled.

Bolt Throwers however, you can re-roll.

Templar_Victorious
10-03-2008, 10:05
The thing is, if you roll low on the to-wound roll, (mostly a 1) you can reroll that one. Nice little back-up against lady lucks fickle fortune. Then again, another 1 can't be re-rolled.