PDA

View Full Version : Tzeentch Mortal Chaos 2k.

Gluemy
06-10-2005, 19:10
Characters:

Lord of Chaos 814 pts.
-Mark of Tzeentch
-chaos dragon
-golden eye of tzeentch
-staff of change
-great weapon
-shield

Exalted Champion 221 pts.
-Mark of Tzeentch
-great weapon
-shield
-disc of Tzeentch

Exalted Champion 271 pts.
-Mark of Tzeentch
-2*dispel scroll
-great weapon
-shield
-disc of Tzeentch

Core:
Chariot of Chaos 140 pts.
-Mark of Tzeentch

Chariot of Chaos 140 pts.
-Mark of Tzeentch

6 Chaos Knights 248 pts.
-full command

Special:
5 Screamers 165 pts.

Power: 13
Dispell: 6+2 scroll
of course staff helps both.
What do you think?
Editing has been done

fubukii
06-10-2005, 20:26
i think its pretty gay that ovr half your points is heroes.

Hasmed
06-10-2005, 20:42
Yawn.
Boring list.

Reinnon
06-10-2005, 20:45
surely you can get rid of the hellcannon and get some more chariots in?

nah, i don't like this army, looks boring and that dragon combo really is cliche.

branchwrath
07-10-2005, 00:28
First off, I find it inappropriate calling things you don't like 'gay'

Second off, yes the dragon combo is a bit cliche, but the guy didn't put his list up here so we could make fun of it, he wanted some feed back. Tell him what you think he should change, for example, yes he has WAY too many points in heros etc.

Let's try and keep it constructive shall we?

TheEndTimes
07-10-2005, 00:50
As others have said this list is quite boring. Get at least 2 units of warriors/marauders or some sort of rank and file and any other stuff afterwards. This list isn't all that great and can be defeated easily with your lack of normal infantry.

^DrAgOn^
10-10-2005, 01:18
I don't know if the hellcannon really is such a good idea, I mean on an unlucky misfire all the spellcasters will take a wound without any saves, so I think I'll have to agree with Reinnon and say drop it and get more chariots instead.

Although I think you'd be better having rank and file infantry rather than a bunch of chariots, but oh well whatever floats your disc of Tzeentch.

Hywel
10-10-2005, 01:50
My personal advice would be to drop everything except two of the chariots and start again on a fresh sheet of paper.

Ganymede
10-10-2005, 03:00
Phase by Phase...

Movement: This army has only two units which can apply any leverage whatsoever in the movement phase. In other words, any normak army will outmaneuver this one solely by turning to face the most immeadiate threat. You have precious few units to threaten flanks or corners, and have very little which could do anything close to holding an objective.

Magic: Your magical power is hampered somewhat by your lore. Tzeentchian magic is best at blasting, and most horde style armies can take blasting magic like it was nothing. You'll lack the truly game-breaking spells to use those 14 dice on. Your magic defense, while quite solid for most armies, suffers because of your complete lack screens/numbers. Even a single spell that slips through your defenses can crush a chariot or fry a character.

Such also presents another problem. Your magical offense is also easy to pick apart. With no othre targets, your chariots are huge, juicy targets. Each one that falls means one less power die and threat to worry about. Most of your wizards are easily taken out as well. Most armies will have two rounds of shooting, and even a single cannon can do a good amount of critical damage in this time.

Shooting: Your hellcannon is a laughable entry in this list. It does very little to compliment your army, and only really presents a target for your opponent's redirectors and skirmishers to mess with. With so few units in your army, it is a real posibility that your opponent can redirect the canon into one of your units.

Hand to Hand. Your attack power is one dimensional. You have very little that can deal with movement traps. If you attempt to charge your chariots in one at a time, they will most likely bounce. If you try to charge in unison, you will be baited and flanked.

This list sucks, bless your heart.

TzarNikolai
10-10-2005, 20:51
no one in my society would play you.
its mainly the near invulnerable dragon flying around causing terror, breathing over everything and throwing out staff of change spells.
then its the attempt to get loads of power dice cheaply by taking 3 MoT chariots. if its a tournament knock yourself out but against your friends don't go with a chaos lord on a dragon...

however that being said, i don't think your hellcannon is going to do that much good. i'd drop it for something else. maybe something like hounds of chaos or fast cavalry.

see if you can make your heroes a bit cheaper too. they're a lot of points tied up in something that doesn't have the lord/dragon's survivability. maybe drop power familiar, or put both on chariots or something.

Gluemy
11-10-2005, 12:49
List has been editet. Helcannon was kikked out and I took third flying hero. Screamers are now there to kill mages and/or war machines and one chariot was kicked out and chaos knights replaced them. Thx for support. What do you think now?

Brother Edwin
21-11-2005, 21:34
Looks good, not much I would change. However against shooty armys like skaven and empire I would hide half the army behind a hill and let the dragon destroy them by himself.

Flypaper
22-11-2005, 06:38
I'd look for ways to squeeze in a Beastherd - some fast-moving static combat res would do you the world of good, and you can always park them in the woods if you go into points denial mode...

darkin
01-12-2005, 22:18
What do you think of this tzeentch 2000pt list?

1 mortal lord, biting blade shield great weapon riding disc, mark of tzeentch

3 exalted champions, mark of tzeentch, shield, beserker swords, all on discs all have great weapons

2 units of 4 chaos knights, mark of tzeentch

5 chaos marauders, swords+shields

11 horrors+4 flamers

2 firwyrms of tzeentch

Kerill
02-12-2005, 12:10
Are the knights marked tzeentch? They aren't on your list.

Darkin, you might want to make a new thread for your army list

darkin
04-12-2005, 01:49
Both units knights are marked tzeentch