-Standart
-MoCU

6xFuries 90

Chaos giant 225
-mutant monstrosity

Total:2000

PD:6
DD:5+3xscroll

Comments, it think that I have lots of hitting power and pretty solid list.

TheEndTimes
07-10-2005, 00:03
This looks very solid, however the only concern I have is with the Knights w/MoK and their uncanny ability to charge the first thing they see. I trust you're know what to do with them though, but you could always just keep the MoCU if you wanted to be on the safe side of things.

branchwrath
07-10-2005, 00:20
Normally I'm a purest Beast wise, but yeah you've got a pretty good looking list.

Mutant Monstrosity is an excellent way to keep your Giant alive longer...

Hint, find some points and make the Minotaurs Nurgle, Minos' with 4+ armour saves and great weapons can be nasty..

MarcoPollo
07-10-2005, 01:18
Perhaps you should take the mark of Khorne off the knights and give it to the minotaurs. They are a little more easy to control in my opinion.

But this list looks alot like my own versions. Very good.

J-Saku
07-10-2005, 18:25
The minotaurs can only have the same mark as the general. So just undivided.

Makaber
07-10-2005, 18:54
I'm not a fan of the single knight unit, but that's a puritian point of view. If you're after performance, then by all means. I also wouldn't hesitate giving banners to the two larger beastherds.

J-Saku
08-10-2005, 04:42
It's true, you have 1 hero slot left, which can buy you a cheap wargor BSB, maybe stick a vitriolic totem (poison + 2 hand weapons from gors are nice) and stick him in a unit of beastherd (only way beastherd can get a magic banner, with good reason). The heavy armor might make the opponent think twice before allocating attacks to the hero before the gors (same toughness but 5+ save).

But if you're fighting high strength units (like charge from knights of any sort, 5 str), the armor is negated which makes the bsb just as easy to kill as the gors (plus 1 wound).

I like to make a tiny unit of beasts (5/5) as body guard for the BSB and place the small unit behind the main units. Give the BSB a sword of might + armor of damnation/gaze of the gods and make him cover the back of the units. Then the benefit of the BSB is given to the center of the line while the character stays safe, and he can take on annoying rear chargers, or even go around the side and flank if needed.

Lossion
08-10-2005, 05:01
I like the list, seems kinda like something I run, but mine is mortal with Beast allies. I would recommend taking the Crown of Horns for your beastlord, its an awesome item, especially for beastherds, low leadership and all. Plus it gives your beast lord a 5+ ward.

Thats my only recommendation.

melmon
08-10-2005, 07:05
What do you guys think about those khorne. Should I change theme to a normal undivided unit whit a war banner?!

branchwrath
08-10-2005, 12:35
Having only one marked unit in an army does rob from the feel of it, so yeah maybe you should drop the mark.

Also, @ J-Saku, what are you talking about? The whole point of having an undivided General is so you CAN have units with other marks, it's the only way to have an army with more than one.

Sanjuro
08-10-2005, 12:46
Also, @ J-Saku, what are you talking about? The whole point of having an undivided General is so you CAN have units with other marks, it's the only way to have an army with more than one.

Please to read the special rules for Minotaurs again. I'm sure you will find something along the lines of exactly what he said. ;)

Jokes aside, minos can only have the same mark as the general, for the simple reason that otherwise, we would see almost no other minos than ones with the mark of Nurgle (giving them a very tasty 4+ save with light armour).

However - do you really want standards with the minotaurs? Some (me incuded) would consider that 100 easy victory points. I just think it's too risky.