PDA

View Full Version : Did Sanguinius wield the blade Encarmine?

Brother Enok
09-03-2008, 16:07
As the title says :P Im writing some rules for the Primarch, along with painting a model of him for a friends belated birthday, and was wonder of his sword was thw blade Encarmine, of it was even a name sword he wielded.

Thanks in advance.

CasperTheGhost
09-03-2008, 16:21
as far as i know the balde wasn't named. When i did my research for the project i'm doing now (Warhammer 30K) i couldn't find a name for it when i was looking at the primarchs themselves. In fact most of the names for weapons of Primarchs are in the new HH books. I just didnt name it when i wrote the draft for my rules.

Hope that Helps

CasperTheFriendlyGhost
Lord of the =[L]=

Thought for the Day: Jesus didn't walk on water, he was just standing on the 5000 people he had just feed. See full people float better :wtf:

nagash66
09-03-2008, 16:31
He had the spear of telesto as said in the 2 BA books not sure on the blade tho i know he used it for a while as said in bloodquest

=Angel=
09-03-2008, 16:40
According to Bloodquest (the quest for the Blade Encarmine):

http://www.blacklibrary.com/articles/comic-pdfs/WHM1.pdf

It would appear that the Blade Encarmine was the sword of Belarius, a legendary hero of the Blood Angels. Sanguinius gave him the blade- whether or not Sanguinius used it himself is not clear-

Though that they call it 'the blade of Belarius' and not 'the blade of the Primarch' might indicate that Sanguinius did not use it for any extended period.

Still, the galaxy is your sand box, if you choose to say he wielded it during a battle, thats up to you.

Brother Enok
09-03-2008, 17:39
thaanks for the replys...and sorry for my mess of a first post 0.o

Lord Damocles
09-03-2008, 19:38
Sanguinius' sword (at least during the Heresy) was called 'Heartsbane'.

He also had the 'Spear of Telesto', but I've never read anything which says that he actually used it...

Baaltharus
09-03-2008, 19:57
Thats because the 'Spear of Telesto' is drivel from the Deus books. The weapon of Sanguinuis has always been the sword of fire, 'Heartsbane'.

As Angel said the blade Encarmine was not Sanguinuis's weapon but a powerful relic from before the Heresy wielded by the BA hero Belarius. While not belonging to Sanguiniuis as such he did personally present it to Belarius.

DaPiranha
09-03-2008, 20:53
How do you know that Sanguinius' sword was called "Heartsbane"? Where is that written?
I recall a poem about his final fight with Horus in a Citdel mag but don't have it any more. I think that referred to something similar.

Gorthor21
09-03-2008, 21:43
I think its Heartsbane. The blade encarmine has been explained already, but the point I'd like to make is that your answer lies where Sanguinius' imagery and story originate from. The archangel Michael/Jesus. Sanguinius was the most noble, called the angel, blah blah blah, but to get to the point Archangel Michael wielded a Flaming sword which he used to defend the gates of eden, and possibly in his battle with Lucifer. Sanguinius, if he was derived from the archangel, didn't wield a spear like the BA novels say thats out of his image, but rather a burning sword. That leaves Heartsbane as the answer with the information proposed by the other posters. also i think its mentioned in the HH novels somewhere, but im not sure where.

hope that helped

Brother Enok
10-03-2008, 21:00
Thanks Gorthor. My names Michael, so I know all about my angelic namesake. I'll adjust the rules acordingly.

Thankyou all :D

izzy2u
11-03-2008, 02:47
...:chrome:

Nazguire
11-03-2008, 07:23
I think its Heartsbane. The blade encarmine has been explained already, but the point I'd like to make is that your answer lies where Sanguinius' imagery and story originate from. The archangel Michael/Jesus. Sanguinius was the most noble, called the angel, blah blah blah, but to get to the point Archangel Michael wielded a Flaming sword which he used to defend the gates of eden, and possibly in his battle with Lucifer. Sanguinius, if he was derived from the archangel, didn't wield a spear like the BA novels say thats out of his image, but rather a burning sword. That leaves Heartsbane as the answer with the information proposed by the other posters. also i think its mentioned in the HH novels somewhere, but im not sure where.

hope that helped

It doesn't say Heartsbane as the name of his sword, least not anywhere I can remember. The only named weapons in the HH books off the top of my head are

Libertas
Fireblade
Forgebreaker
Lantern
Manreaper

It describes a flaming sword wielded by Horus that burned with 'inner fire' as it was forged by Ferrus Mannus.

There was a pistol made by Mannus for Vulkan which had a dragon head shaped barrel and melted enemies (so an elaborate inferno pistol)

Can't think of anywhere that has Heartsbane as the name of Sanguinius' weapon.

Wraith
11-03-2008, 11:55
Heartsbane is mentioned as the name of Sanguinius' weapon, I remember reading the passage where it states heartsbane shattered when wounding Hours. I know it's unhelpful I can't find the quote -- I've just checked my 2nd edition Codex:Angels of Death briefly and didn't see the reference but I was page flicking...

Baaltharus
11-03-2008, 12:08
The true and epic version of the battle that it is. I wonder if Sangunuis will meet his end by the massive psychic attack, the stupid strangling (how the hell do you strangle someone with a massive lighting claw anyway!?) or whether they'll use something different entirely.

reds8n
11-03-2008, 12:17
Heartsbane is mentioned as the name of Sanguinius' weapon, I remember reading the passage where it states heartsbane shattered when wounding Hours. I know it's unhelpful I can't find the quote -- I've just checked my 2nd edition Codex:Angels of Death briefly and didn't see the reference but I was page flicking...

Does sound familiar.. is it in one of the 2nd edition rule books ? the wargear one or something perhaps ? in the bit where they mention that the cut/dent he put in Horus' armour was where the Emperor was able to strike or something ?

thearchiver
11-03-2008, 23:47
The only Heartsbane I know of is from the A Song of Ice and Fire books.
I cant find any referance to Sanguinius using a sword by that name.

electriceye83
12-03-2008, 00:26
The way to strangle someone with a huge lightning claw, with one hand, cause the others got a big ass mace in, is to effectivly flatten/slice the guys head to pieces.

Heres another one of those fluff v everything else things.

In the normally shown pictures of the emperor confronting horus, sanginius is shown under horus, with a bleeding wound in his stomach, on one side.

Which doesnt look anywhere near fatal enough to kill a primarch.

And his armour isnt damaged to any point by that inflicted by a blood thirster.

And his head/neck area shows no damage, again, to any level needed to kill a primarch.

So take what you will from that.

darth mortis
12-03-2008, 01:40
i have never heared of the weapons name but as stated earlier it may be in one of the old editions??? as for the damage to the angels armour he was fighting for days before he managed to board the warmasters ship and had a big fight with a powerful blood thirster so i think he would of picked up some cuts along the way just my 2 cents