PDA

View Full Version : 2k Lizardmen with a Carnosaur

Amornar
10-03-2008, 01:58
Getting geared up for my next fantasy army: a Lizardmen list with an Oldblood on a Carnosaur, something I have always wanted to do. My normal oppoents are Dwarfs(balanced list), Vampire Counts, Warlord Skaven.

2k Lizardmen List

Oldblood
Spawning of Itzl
Sotek
Tepok
Light Armour
Enchanted Shield
Scimitar of the Sun Resplendent
Aura of Quetzl
Carnosaur

Scar-Veteran
Spawning of Sotek
Tepok
Light Armour
Shield
Great Weapon
Charm of the Jaguar Warrior

Scar-Veteran
Spawning of Quetzl
Tepok
Light Armour
Sword of the Hornet
Battle Standard Bearer

10 Skinks
Javelins & Shields

10 Skinks
Blowpipes

10 Skinks
Scouts
Blowpipes

19 Saurus Warriors
Spawning of Tlazcotl
Full Command

3 Kroxigors

5 Saurus Cavalry

Stegadon

2 Salamanders

I can use my Oldblood and Stegadon along with support from the Kroxigors and Cavalry to pincer the enemy force, or use them as a hammer to come down on the BSB and Saurus Warriors who form a solid anvil. All while the Jaguar Scar-Veteran and scouts go after mages and warmachines.

Comments and constructive criticism please.

Cheers,

Amornar

Amornar
10-03-2008, 16:47
23 views and no comments? Come on Warseers I need some input!

N810
10-03-2008, 17:05
what can I say it looks like a solid standard build

ps.
23 views is not bad usualy its like 100 views to 1 post

look over at http://pyramidvault.net/Forum
for more Lizardman army list...

Malorian
10-03-2008, 17:09
I find that trying to push a carnosaur into 2000 just doesn't leave you with enough units.

One thing to keep in mind though is that other than the slann you can't join characters to a unit if he doesn't have the spawning of the unit. So thanks to that odd tlaxcotl on your saurus, your BSB can't join them... (You can find this on the spawning page)

anarnii
10-03-2008, 17:18
i dont think you have enough saurus units, they should be your mainstay, you have lots of support units but not much to support, i think you woukd struggle against armies with lots of ranked troops. especially dwarfs i think.

Feefait
10-03-2008, 17:32
BAsically either your carnosaur will get their and destroy their line or you will be crushed. In my opinion... Squeezing him into 2000 pts is tough as he will be the only main focus, and should he go down your done. That being said, he's deadly and can take out units solo. I know in my group I have stopped using the combo and never use it in this points value. My opponents just don't have enough to compensate for it. But we never use special characters and tend towards unit heavy, not characters. It's alll about playstyle of the group. It may not be the smartest move but I like to keep the stegadon and carnosaur together, center or just off. Get them right up the gut and let the rest keep up.

Amornar
10-03-2008, 22:58
Well the carnosaur is the center piece of my army, and the only model I own so far so he is staying. I do appreciate people advising me not to use him, but I know the risks, but im still going to try him out.

@Malorian: Thanks for letting me know that, I missed that when I read the book. Any suggestion on what spawning to remove on the BSB to fit him in with the Tlazcotl saurus (they have that spawning because against VC and Skaven I think it will be invaluable)?

@ anarnii: I would love to take more saurus however they just seem too slow for this army. If you have an idea how to fit more in without slowing down the army too much I would be interested.

Any other comments?

Cheers,

Amornar

Amornar
12-03-2008, 14:56
Anyone? Really feel like I need a little more input...

N810
12-03-2008, 15:35
have you looked at the Kroq-gar Special character on a carnasaur (same model)
list, with him you get saurus calvery as core, and regular saurus as special. :)
also your calvery gets "full command" for free.

heres an idea of how this list plays....
http://pyramidvault.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1670

Oenghus
12-03-2008, 16:14
I'd switch Tlazcotl for Quetzl on your saurus unit. Cold-bloodedness will get you into combat more often than not, and if you feel like fear's going to be an issue, just keep your Carnie and Stegadon closer to home for some terror-causing support.

Tlazcotl is, at the moment, only protecting one unit from fear, so you're going to have to be pretty tightly co-ordinated against fear-causing opponents anyway.

Of course, I've started building my lizardmen but I haven't actually played with them yet, so...

Amornar
21-03-2008, 14:55
Suffled a few points around on the oldblood to change the tlazcotl to quetzl on the saurus unit. Any more suggestions guys? Also if anyone has an experiance with a list like this I would appreciate knowing if there are any pitfalls that I should watch out for when playing. Thanks in advance for any help.

2k Lizardmen List

Oldblood
Spawning of Itzl
Quetzl
Tepok
Light Armour
Shield
Scimitar of the Sun Resplendent
Aura of Quetzl
Carnosaur

Scar-Veteran
Spawning of Sotek
Tepok
Light Armour
Shield
Great Weapon
Charm of the Jaguar Warrior

Scar-Veteran
Spawning of Quetzl
Tepok
Light Armour
Sword of the Hornet
Battle Standard Bearer

10 Skinks
Javelins & Shields

10 Skinks
Blowpipes

10 Skinks
Scouts
Blowpipes

19 Saurus Warriors
Spawning of Quetzl
Full Command

3 Kroxigors

5 Saurus Cavalry

Stegadon

2 Salamanders

Cheers,

Amornar

Conotor
21-03-2008, 18:01
You should probbly take 2 units of sarri or 0.

Oldbloods should usualy have spawning of old ones.

wildkarrde0
21-03-2008, 18:19
just a idea may the spawning that lest you walk from terrain on both to give that surus more manuvering power to help out the the more mobile parts of the army