PDA

View Full Version : VC casting with Armor

Shank
10-03-2008, 01:58
Just got the new VCounts book. Where does it say Vampires can cast spells while wearing Armor?
Also, where does it say Vampires can cast Invocation or Raise dead into close combat?

These could be some very big omissions.

GodHead
10-03-2008, 02:08
Can someone please do something about these?
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131970
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131674
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131113

Those are just posts about the armour question. The Nehek one has more. Please spend at least 10 seconds looking around a little before asking such simple things that have come up a whole bunch already. Heck, one of them was 10 posts down from this one.

No offence to the original poster, but this is seriously getting out of hand.

By the end of the week every post in the Warseer Rules forum will either be "Can Vampires Cast with Armour?" or "Can Invocation of Nehek be cast into combat?"

Flame
10-03-2008, 07:24
Just got the new VCounts book. Where does it say Vampires can cast spells while wearing Armor?

Where does it say it can't? (Theres your answer!)

Shank
10-03-2008, 12:34
Sorry to annoy you Ghead. I know, all these posts must get you real upset. Thanks for the info though.

Ikhoornix
10-03-2008, 16:12
Where does it say it can't? (Theres your answer!)

It also doesn't say a vampire can't beguile all female models in the army to join the VC side. Should I change all my models into male models?

the fact that is doesn't say something isn't allowed doesn't mean it's allowed.

GodHead
10-03-2008, 16:20
Uhh... Are you serious?

Because if you are, you got your example backwards.

There is no rule in the army book, or the rule book or any other book that says you can NOT cast magic while wearing armour.

There is no tie between armour and magic. None. Zero. Nothing. As there is no mention of armour affecting magic in any of the rules, any player who requires a rule to cast magic in armour would be analagous to your stupid example.

The rules are not an exclusionary system. They don't tell you everything you can't do. What they do is tell you what you can do, and Wizards can cast magic. As there is no mention of armour affecting their ability to cast magic, then there is no reason to suspect that wearing armour would, indeed, affect their ability to cast magic.

The following is of the same exact form as the argument that wizards in armour can't cast magic:
I can put a standard in a unit. Units can take wounds. If I put a standard in a unit, that unit can't take wounds!

See why it's so dumb? Because there's no reason to suspect a connection between the two, just like Wizards and magic.

Shank
11-03-2008, 00:41
Uhh... Are you serious?

Because if you are, you got your example backwards.

There is no rule in the army book, or the rule book or any other book that says you can NOT cast magic while wearing armour.

There is no tie between armour and magic. None. Zero. Nothing. As there is no mention of armour affecting magic in any of the rules, any player who requires a rule to cast magic in armour would be analagous to your stupid example.

The rules are not an exclusionary system. They don't tell you everything you can't do. What they do is tell you what you can do, and Wizards can cast magic. As there is no mention of armour affecting their ability to cast magic, then there is no reason to suspect that wearing armour would, indeed, affect their ability to cast magic.

The following is of the same exact form as the argument that wizards in armour can't cast magic:
I can put a standard in a unit. Units can take wounds. If I put a standard in a unit, that unit can't take wounds!

See why it's so dumb? Because there's no reason to suspect a connection between the two, just like Wizards and magic.

The reason for all this confusion is I was thinking the old 6th edition rules. 6th edition rules stated Wizards could not wear armor and cast spells. 7th edition cleared up the problem of casting and wearing armor.

Also, being a Empire player, we have magic armor called the "Armor of Tarnus" which states Wizards can wear this and still cast spells. Which implies that wizards cannot cast spells wearing armor.

There is a little confusion there. I don't think the question is all that dumb. I hope the next time I have a question I find someone a little more understanding.

GodHead
11-03-2008, 00:43
I hope before the next time you ask a question you please at least look on the rules page to see if someone has asked the exact same question within the last half an hour.

Shank
11-03-2008, 12:37
I hope before the next time you ask a question you please at least look on the rules page to see if someone has asked the exact same question within the last half an hour.

ummm... Yes Sir, won't happen again sir. Might I suggest "sir" that you skip over the post you do not want to read. You do not have to open every one.

Mercules
12-03-2008, 19:04
<----Quoted a deleted post that was trolling for a response. WarSeer Inquisition---->

It's not the game, it's the silliness of posting a question that has been answered about ten times when one of those answers is on the page of the forum you posted to. :rolleyes:

It reminds me of the one time I was playing a video game and a person challenged me to a fight. We started and I beat him then he asked, "Wow, where did you learn some of those moves you were using." My reply? "Reading the moves listed right next to the screen?!?!????" Seriously, there were a 1/4" from the edge of the screen he had to look at to play.

ChesneySwoopingHawks
12-03-2008, 20:46

Oh my God.

Nice to see people dispelling the myth of the angry charmless internet geek!

devolutionary
12-03-2008, 20:54
GodHead, for all his abrasiveness, has a valid point. The forum rules clearly state that if you want to find an answer you need to do a search first. There is even functionality to perform a search from the new post page. I too would be infuriated if I was trying to clear up rules disputes yet every second or third post was about the same damn topic.

bosstroll
13-03-2008, 13:45
The reason for all this confusion is I was thinking the old 6th edition rules. 6th edition rules stated Wizards could not wear armor and cast spells. 7th edition cleared up the problem of casting and wearing armor.

Also, being a Empire player, we have magic armor called the "Armor of Tarnus" which states Wizards can wear this and still cast spells. Which implies that wizards cannot cast spells wearing armor.

There is a little confusion there. I don't think the question is all that dumb. I hope the next time I have a question I find someone a little more understanding.

VC have an armour with the "same" rule as the armour of Tarnus now, i forgot the name.
This prompted me to look it up, in the rulebook the only mention about wizards and armour is made in the magic armour section, where it states that only models normally alowed to wear armour are alowed to pick magic armour. Since wizards normally arent allowed any armour, the armour of Tarnus and the VC armour-for-necromancers had to have an addendum.
Vampires are mentioned at the top of the VC magic armour list, where it states all vampires are allowed to take magic armour.

The confusion is obviously caused by previous editions of warhammer, when wizards indeed could not cast while wearing armour (with exceptions ofcourse).

devolutionary
13-03-2008, 18:31
That was a quick edit. I wonder what I missed?

Can we close this now please? It's just gonna spiral.

@Necronoxz - There is an ignore feature. Click the user's name on the left.

Captain Brown
13-03-2008, 19:45
All right I have deleted four inappropriate posts including one that is getting someone a warning. Please do not post with the intention of starting internet fights. Do not re-hash an argument on a new thread, especially if you have been warned about it previously.

I have left a questionable post or two as the responses to those are reasonable and explain why some of the responses got a little testy.

However a good rule to remember is the one your mother always taught you: "If you have nothing nice to say then please say nothing at all." Please consider that readers will take your post 'as-is' and may interpret it negatively, especially if you are being abrupt with them.

Question has been answered. Thread closed.

Captain Brown
WarSeer Inquisition