PDA

View Full Version : Space Pirates (Metroid Series) ... could it work?

Ryusa
11-03-2008, 02:15
Ok, I am a HUGE fan of the Metroid serie, and I was wondering these days how it would be so cool to have a Space Pirates army. I thought that peharps mixing the normal CSM with some Lizardmen bitz it would look like them. I have never seen a Lizardmen in my hands, so I don't know if it would look awsome or terrible misformed. I know that it would require a lot of modeling, but I a have a lot of patience. ;)
And about the fluff, it would be very easy, since the Space Pirates have a lot varieties of weapons and troops; even the infamous Lash of submision could be fit in the Dark Samus Grapel Beam. So I would still have all the opitions of the CSM codex and no Fluff problems...

Any thoughts?

Angelus Mortis
11-03-2008, 02:19
No idea what your talking about, but here goes. Codex:Chaos Space Marines, Huron, use Lizardman models as Lessor Daemons or Possessed.

Captain Uriel
11-03-2008, 02:20
sound like a good idea. I think the Lizardmen bits might requiere a bit of tweaking before attached but other than that I think they'll work.

Ryusa
11-03-2008, 04:14
No idea what your talking about
I am talking about the Space Pirates of the metroid series.
Like those:
http://www.conceptart.org/artist/andrew-jones/images/MP2_BONUS/space_pirate.jpg
http://www.omgnintendo.com/global/radar/blog_images/45874-8.jpg

dr.oetk3r
11-03-2008, 04:29
Chaos possessed man, chaos possessed

11-03-2008, 04:59
yeah chaos is the way to go. and even in the fluff a many of them are pirates (red corsairs come to mind)

most lizardmen (if I remember correctly) are only in 3 or 4 peices toros, legs, and tail are all one peice. so that does mean conversions

Angelus Mortis
11-03-2008, 10:13
Like those:

Then it appears I was right on the money.

Tonberry
11-03-2008, 10:54
For Ridley, you could convert the new plastic High Elf dragon, counting as either a Daemon Prince or a Defiler.

Archangel_Ruined
11-03-2008, 11:06
It sounds like a great visual concept. Fluff wise it's a bit suspect as there are lizard men in 40k but they're entirely opposed to chaos. However, since you're lifting the idea from another fantasy world altogether I don't think criticisms of fluff are apt. I'd say go for it, as I like to see new and funky things done with armies.

srg.cutter
11-03-2008, 11:20
nice idea, i'd love to see it done well but the name"space pirates"isn' a good fit. It conjors up images of some inter-planetary peg leg action, which simply doesn't fit in with the lizardmen theme.

Bregalad
11-03-2008, 12:11
Like those:

These look like Tyranids, not space pirates. They can't even handle a space ship with those claws.

Classic Space Pirates in 40k are Eldar Corsairs and Dark Eldar.

Lord Malorne
11-03-2008, 12:22
They wear the claws, it has a gun inbuilt between the claws... have you guys ever played Metroid? if not then why give comments?

I think it's a cool idea ryusa (completed Metroid Prime 3 a month ago...awesome!) can't wait to see your raptor models, and as you know infiltrate is easy when they have cloaking tech! though vehicles wiould be a stretch...

Though when i saw the post i thought it was "Yarrr! turn to starboard and blast the landlubbers!". Alough a dreadnought could be certainly a experiment with a native monster/machine hybrid which works at 90% efficieny!

Dracon Bob
11-03-2008, 13:23
It would be better on the 'Nid codex IMO. Then you could include Shreikbats, Zoomers and some of the old bosses (<3Kraid) as Gargoyles?? Rippers and Carnifex/Hive Tyrants(for Ridley of course). Use Warriors as Uber pirates from Prime maybe?? Or ignore me, what im proposing would be ALOT of work. <3Super Metroid.

One day I got bored and stuck a Saurus head on a Space Marine. It fit suprisingly well. Looks nothing like a Space Pirate but still, fair badass:D

Lord Malorne
11-03-2008, 13:58
It would be better on the 'Nid codex IMO. Then you could include Shreikbats, Zoomers and some of the old bosses (<3Kraid) as Gargoyles?? Rippers and Carnifex/Hive Tyrants(for Ridley of course). Use Warriors as Uber pirates from Prime maybe?? Or ignore me, what im proposing would be ALOT of work. <3Super Metroid.

One day I got bored and stuck a Saurus head on a Space Marine. It fit suprisingly well. Looks nothing like a Space Pirate but still, fair badass:D

He was doing space pirates not metroid monsters, and combat/shooting (mmm plasma) tie in much better with a chaos army, all in all i think this will work and hope you post a project log.

Dracon Bob
11-03-2008, 14:32
Well, most of the bosses from the older games work for the space pirates, Kraid is one of their more important figures. The monsters were just an idea to add some variation. Kraid for a Daemon Prince anyone?? (I really like Kraid:p) Also, Im pretty sure some of the 'monsters' are with the space pirates, in the Prime series there are a few.

Victomorga
11-03-2008, 14:57
for the models themselves, I think a combination of chaos, tau, and tyranid bits would be the way to go. as far as which codex to use, chaos or nid seem like they could work, depending on what kind of build you were going for.

good luck! this sounds like an ambitious but fun project.

Ryusa
11-03-2008, 19:21
good luck! this sounds like an ambitious but fun project.
And quite expensive I might say...:(

tau bitz
Witch bitz could be fit? I think it would look very misformed, since the tau are so small next to a CSM.

chaos or nid seem like they could work, depending on what kind of build you were going for.

Since I am looking for an army of Space Pirates and Dark Samus, I belive that the CSM Codex would be fine.

Chaos possessed man, chaos possessed
Well, I do belive that they have many interesting bitz, but most of them look Daemonic, and I am looking for a Reptile look...

Lord Malorne
11-03-2008, 20:19
Then all you can really do is a mix of CSM, lizardmen and tyranid bits which if done well will give you your look.