PDA

View Full Version : Abracadabra - And there is my army

Murdoch
11-03-2008, 02:55
I have been playing about with this list since I got the book. Haven't run any tests so may be a bunch of ar*e, a critical eye over it would be much much appreciated. Basically the idea is to summon two sizeable units of skellies in the first two turns and then try to go Roman and march through with some small supporting units to rob my opponent of their opponents of their rank bonus.

Vampire Lord
Level 3
Powers: Master of the black arts; Dark acolyte; Lord of the dead.
Items: Walachs bloody halbarch (for the ward); Black periapt; DS; Sword of Might

Vampire
Powers: Dark acolyte; Lord of the dead
Items: Book of arkhan; Sword of battle

Vampire
Powers: Dark acolyte; Lord of the dead
Items: DS; Nightshroud.

Core:

17 skellies
Full command; spears; Banner of the dead legion

17 skellies
Full command; spears; Banner of the endless nightmare

10 Ghouls
Ghast

5 Dire Wolves

5 Dire wolves

Corpse cart
Unholy lodestone

Special

17 grave guard
Full Command; DH weapons; Banner of the barrows

5 Black knights
Full command; Barding; Standard of marching...

2000 pts on the nose
12 power dice (+1 for the periapt) and 2 bound spells; 6 Dispel; 2 scrolls.

Basically I reckon I will get two turns of firing of ION at 3+ on 12 dice, thats 16 succesful casts, assuming half of those get off, I will get 12 extra skellies (love the corpse cart) for each unit taking me up to 2 6*5 units. I know there will be shooting casualties but I am hoping to soak some of this into the wolves and knights. I can then go all legionnaire on the other chap and start summoning Zombies into the side of his units.

All comments/help will be gratefully received: Am I being naive with the summoning thing? Do I need a combat vamp or are the swords onthe vamps enough? Are DH weapons on the guard a good idea? I like the idea of having 3+ to hit, 2+ to wound with ASF (van hals or corpse cart) but wonder if 3+ sv in CC would be better?

Murdoch
11-03-2008, 22:10
So this is:

A) so good no-one can make it better
B) so poor no-one can make it better
C) So cheesy every one has gone for a sandwich

Come on guys I have a real want to make this work as I can see this being the way to go with VC

Jack of Blades
11-03-2008, 22:13
It's neither of those. Most are just too tired to give comments at every VC list, when they appear all the time... people should collect what they've learned from other topics, when they're using similar units/characters/stuff.

I'd advice you to do the same.

Murdoch
11-03-2008, 22:30
fair point, well made.

Should of considered that before posting. Guess I was excited.

Back to playtesting and painting skellies for me