PDA

View Full Version : Next in line for my High Elves.

spartan116
11-03-2008, 03:41
I have started to collect HE for my first Warhammer army. I already have the Prince on a dragon and I am going to be getting the HE Battalion boxed set. What should I get next? Mind you though I only have $150 to spend so after the battalion that leaves me with around $50 to play with. Any suggestions?

EDIT- I will be playing against Orcs and Gobbos, Skaven and Ogres.

marv335
11-03-2008, 12:27
well you have your lord sorted out for 2000pts, you can make a mage figure as well from the parts so you can swap him out for an archmage or a dragonmage as you see fit.
I'd pick up another box of archers, an elite infantry unit (probably white lions) another bolt thrower, and go from there. the plastic mage box and prince box are worth a look too.

You might try dressing up the silverhelms a bit to make them dragon princes, a far better cavalry unit in all regards.
if cash is tight, try the 'bay for old metal boltthrowers and tiranoc chariots, you can sometimes find them going cheap.

Just Tony
11-03-2008, 16:37
Scratch up some more money somewhere and get two batallions. Tons of good and with the dragon you already have it should tie things up nicely. Remember, pawn shops are our friends and you can get rid of enough PS2 games and whatnot to get you to the limit you need to be at...

Johnnyfrej
11-03-2008, 21:21
If you buy the battalion this should be what you have to work with:
-1 Noble on Dragon, Hero/Lord
-1 Repeating Bolt Thrower
-16 Archers
-8 Silver Helms
-16 Spearmen

As Marv said you should upgrade your SH into DP as they are better cav. I would try to create a mage out of the biz from the Dragon Noble box set as HE love their magic. It probably wouldn't hurt to get another box of Spearman so you can have a solid core of infantry to assault or counter-assault. For the Special I would get White Lions or Swordmasters as both are really good. Depending on who you play either can be better. Against shooter heavy armies go WL against assault heavy go SM.

-Private Jon

spartan116
11-03-2008, 22:34
Scratch up some more money somewhere and get two batallions. Tons of good and with the dragon you already have it should tie things up nicely. Remember, pawn shops are our friends and you can get rid of enough PS2 games and whatnot to get you to the limit you need to be at...

I would do this but my games store only has 1 battalion box :(

WhiteKnight
11-03-2008, 23:53
Buy about 1 box of archers, another couple bolt throwers, swordmasters (to be the Rat Poison and orc/ogre killers, and also remember that mages are your pals. ) Make sure that against skaven and orcs, you need to kill them first. They can destroy you with HE toughness 3, especially orcs. Trust me.