PDA

View Full Version : Forgeworld Tau

VenerableWolf
11-03-2008, 11:54
A questions about the Crisis Suits. Can they be equiped to function as normal pattern suits in 40k games ? do they come with all the weapons options in the box ? and last.. is it worth to buy them or should I just stick with normal GW kits ?
Thank you

Bregalad
11-03-2008, 12:08
They come with the complete standard crisis suit sprue, so you get all the parts.
Technically, some have more armour and special rules for that (e.g. XV-89) or a special formed back piece (XV-81) that you might want to use. But nobody will oppose you using them "counting as" normal ones. They look way better, are fully posable and really worth it. I only have FW suits.

BTW: Broadsides and Shas'o R'myr have new bodies and are delivered without the standard crisis suit sprue.

DarthSte
11-03-2008, 12:10
It really depends on the suit, some are all resin, some are kits with both plastic and resin. They are all very nice though.

Actually ignore me. Just look at what Bregalad said. He's right.

Leeman Russ
11-03-2008, 13:15
I would like to echo Bregalad and Darth Ste - go Forgeworld, they're much nicer!

(Although Shas'O R'myr does come with the standard Crisis sprue as well, as you need to use the jet-pack and feet).

VenerableWolf
11-03-2008, 13:55
thank you guys. I always disliked the GW models. Too boxy and limited in possibilities. Forgeworld suits seem more dynamic and posable.

boogle
11-03-2008, 15:10
Definately go for the FW variants, they look really really cool

chaos0xomega
11-03-2008, 17:24
and they only cost twice as much to a US gamer!

TheOneWithNoName
11-03-2008, 17:25
Yes, my Shas'O R'myr came with the regular plastic sprue as well.