PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of starting second army

Enderel
11-03-2008, 14:37
Hi all,

I've been considering getting a new WHFB army. Now I currently run Dwarf's who are great, but sometimes I find them slightly limiting in the options I can adopt for them.

What I'd like to be able to do is field an army that is the opposite to the Dwarfs and has this sort of capabilities within it -

Magic abilities
Cavalry (both heavy and fast)
Skirmishers
Chariots
Dragons

So I'm looking for the option of mobility, fun themed lists but not hideously over powered. Wouldn't go to tournements with them I expect.

Now I know a few armies have these capabilities and the one that I'm most attracted to is High Elves. I use to play them at fourth edition and I did like them, just I lost with them all the time! (regular opponents were Orcs and Goblins and Dark Elves)

What other options are there out there and which do you recommend for a secondary army?

Oh I did read the introduction to the armies but the High Elves one is out of date as are some of the others now.. I've got the HE army book though and they do look really good!

Necromancer2
11-03-2008, 14:57
Then go for HE!

High Elves were the first thing I thought of before I read that you liked HE!

Problem Solved! ;)

Chaos Mortal
11-03-2008, 16:12
WE might work but it sounds like you answered your own question lol

forgottenlor
11-03-2008, 17:11
Yes high elves are obvious. Chaos and Vampire can also be mobile and magically strong. Wood elves are also good, though their magic is more useful than powerful.

Shamfrit
11-03-2008, 17:19
If Wyverns count as Dragons, there's also Orcs & Goblins to cover those listed options.

Nomad
11-03-2008, 18:00
High Elves sound like they have everything you want (assuming you don't want many different kinds of skirmishers), or maybe Dark Elves when they get their new Army Book.

W0lf
11-03-2008, 18:38
High elves.

They fit every block pretty much.

plus you can play High elves vs Dwarves which is a good game for background reasons!

mrtn
12-03-2008, 15:34
You could get all of that with a Hordes of Chaos list with added beastmen skirmishers.

But if you think that high elves are cooler ( :wtf: ) then go with those. ;)

EDIT: Post number 666! :evilgrin:

Enderel
13-03-2008, 10:25
Thanks for all the input, I suppose I had already got a good idea of what I wanted to do but was looking for ideas outside the box incase I'd missed a really cool army. High Elves do seem to offer the best opposite to Dwarf's but thanks for all the ideas.

@W0lf - Damn good idea, war of the beard here we come!

@mrtn - Yeah I do like Hordes of Chaos but my main opponent already plays them so it's a no no!

Conotor
13-03-2008, 14:01
Id say Orcs and gobblins. They have the most options of any war-hammer army.