PDA

View Full Version : Making a New Wight King

Adyger
11-03-2008, 15:19
I just picked up a very small starting force for the Vampire Counts--a box of Grave guard, a box of the new Skellies, the codex and a vampire (I also already have a box of zombies). Looking through the codex, I really liked the idea of the Wight King Standard Bearer, but I wasn't overly thrilled with the old model. So I figured I'd just model one from the new grave guard and skellies boxes, that way he'll fit in with the look of the new gurad models better. Even so, I still really want to make him "stand out" from the pack so to speak. Does any one know of any cool bitz that would augment the look of a wight lord well? I was thinking maybe of combing something from the Tomb kings range, but both the Vampire counts and Tomb kings ranges are pretty new to me (I've only played Orcs and Goblins before). Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Ward.
11-03-2008, 15:24
Perhaps mix parts with the slaanesh hero?, I don't know why but the wight lords have always resembled skeletor in my head (your avatar doesn't help).

Solasun
11-03-2008, 15:25
HEEEEEEEEE-MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

That said, I suggest looking at the Witch King for inspiration, the dark robes and crown come to mind.

Adyger
11-03-2008, 21:48
YEah, the witch king--I never thought of that. That's a great idea! No, I only need to resolve my more recent problem--I want to make him the Army Standard bearer, but if I take a Magic Banner, I can't give him the sword of kings (which seems to be a no-brainer)...should I just leave the regualr banner and go with the sword, or forgo the sword and grab one of the awesome new banners?:skull:

Oberon
11-03-2008, 21:52
Most of the good banners are cheap enough to be taken by the regiment, and they are harder to neutralise than a banner beared by a character too (pick one: kill a character, even a tough one, or a whole regiment?). +the main attraction of BSB is the BSB, not the magical banners you could take. Regeneration-flags cost is hideous, banner of blood keep is only a little better, and the next good banner could already be taken by GG themselves. :P Nightshroud (optional, but nice) and sword of kings is good too. Makes a nice deterrent/charater protector for the regiment.

W0lf
11-03-2008, 21:54
Sword.

Wight King Battle standard: 100 pts
Sword of Kings: 25 pts
Killing blowing a 400 pt lord: Priceless
For everything else theres your standard vampire lord!

Von Bismarck
11-03-2008, 21:56
i run my wight king with the +2 armour thing (forgot the name) and sword of kings. i could mount and bard him for about the same but im going to convert a GG into a wight king on foot.

(btw the grave guard models are THE FREAKING SEX=D)