PDA

View Full Version : Getting some Mileagre out of the new Daemon 'Dex

Kurisu313
11-03-2008, 16:38
It seems like the new daemon codex is gonna be a combined arms force between the Gods, and for my renegades and LatD, thats fine because they are somewhat a mixed bunch, so mixed daemons fits for me.

However, I've always loved khorne and have a daemonic legion of khorne from warhammer fantasy's storm of chaos campaign a few years back.

And i was thinking, I can still make a diverse force with only one god. Do I want a fast mounted unit? Convert some bloodletters to sit on some flesh hounds and use them as mounted daemonettes. Furies or screamers? I'm sure I could put together some suitably khornate-looking winged horrors. A fire breathing scaly thing could be flamers.

If I was a nurgle player I could use the new plastic dire wolves as a flesh hound substitute, or the tomb king carrion birds as screamer substitute.

Daemons have always been described as having a multitude of forms and I feel my creative urges flowing? What do you think? Stupid? Clever? Any Ideas of your own?

And what about apocalypse?
If the new flesh hounds are plastic I'm DEFINITLY doing the bloodletter cavalry idea, and make an apoc datasheet to make 'em really nasty :evilgrin:

Kurisu313
11-03-2008, 16:40
Damn. The title's supposed to say 'mileage'

toymaker
11-03-2008, 16:48
All good. I still knew what you meant

wickedvoodoo
11-03-2008, 16:49
Its a good idea for sure, i love the idea of a huge swarm of myriad plague daemons.

Sceleris82
11-03-2008, 22:07
Crazy/creative ideas like the OP, can make a good game into a great game. So hell yeah go for it.