PDA

View Full Version : Where are rules for the Blood Slaughter and Assault Marines of Khorne?

AdmiralDick
11-03-2008, 16:47
here's one for the vets and old rules enthusiasts. i've got nearly every publication by GW containing rules for Chaos, but there is one thing that has alluded me for a while now. and that is rules for the Blood Slaughter, Daemonic Robot of Khorne (http://www.solegends.com/citcat9x3/c92402chaosspacemarines-02.htm) (under the Juggernaughts) and the World Eaters of Khorne Assault Marines (http://www.solegends.com/citcat9x4/c93493-02.htm).

are there such rules in existence out there? i can't imagine GW would produce models and not publish rules in WD even. can anyone tell me where to find them? what rulebook or WD issue is are they in?

wickedvoodoo
11-03-2008, 16:51
That daemonic robot is genious, i have not seen that before. I wish they still sold those.

Can't help witht he rules though im afraid.

Dragonlover
11-03-2008, 16:54
I think the 'Assault Marines' are called that due to their weapons loadout more than anything else. As for the robot, it's Rogue Trader era, but no idea where the rules for it would be.

Dragonlover

pox
11-03-2008, 17:05
I use my blood slaughterers as obliterators. they haven't had a rules update since rogue trader days, back when you could have beastmen in your guard army, imperial robots, guard and space marine jetbikes, and three rhinos to a box.

and armored limos in yer genestealer cult.

LawrencePhillips
11-03-2008, 17:30
I'm almost certain it never made it to 2nd ED so it'll either be in a RT book or WD. That should narrow it down a little.

Tonberry
11-03-2008, 19:43
Is there any reason why World Eaters Assault Marines would not = Berzerkers?

t-tauri
11-03-2008, 19:58
The Assault Marines are the "Chosen of Khorne" from Realm of Chaos: Slaves to Darkness. They never had any specific rules for the minis as far as I'm aware so could be used for any Khornate mini. Note the bolter armed World Eaters underneath for some more old school options.

The Blood Slaughterer had rules in an old WD and I think it was collected in the early red compendium. It had a weapon skill, lash of Khorne and heavy bolter. The closest modern equivalent would be something like a fleet of foot Dread.

AdmiralDick
11-03-2008, 20:06
thanks for the responses so far guys.

@wickedvoodoo: its abolute gold isn't it! i just really want to know how it was originally intended to be played (i'm trying to write up a sort of Codex: World Eaters and i want to draw in as many influences as i can).

@Dragonlover: whilst i think you should stop that, because your likely to get burnt in an unfortunate place, i agree that it quite possible (if not quite likely) that the 'Assault Marines' have no special rules. but they are equipted differently and they do seem to be a different unit type to regular CSM. if there genuinely is nothing i shalt be disappointed, i just wanted to know for sure.

@LawrencePhillips: i've never seen any rules for them in 2nd Ed. chaos was one of the last Codexes released in that edition and so there wasn't much outside the codex releases, which despite being still quite 'messy' was a LOT more organised that that which came before. so if there was a Blood Slaughterer Datasheet i've not seen it.

and i as RT doesn't contain any Chaos (it was invented later) and it does not appear in the RoC: Slaves to Darkness (as the game was still almost entirely infantry based still), i know that it must have been produced at some point inbetween those two dates. but that's still a lot of WDs and other publications i might not know about. (sadly the GW WD database isn't pulling up any helpful results).

MrMojoZ
11-03-2008, 20:06
I know I have a WD that features the robot, I don't recall if it had rules or not.

projectkmo
11-03-2008, 20:28
The Blood Slaughterer had rules in an old WD and I think it was collected in the early red compendium. It had a weapon skill, lash of Khorne and heavy bolter. The closest modern equivalent would be something like a fleet of foot Dread.

If its in the early Red Compendium....I can maybe check when I get home later. Actually... it's buried in a closet at my Mom's but I will call her and if I can talk her through...to find it...I will have her look in the book for it. She should get a kick out of that I'm sure.

- John

Dr Morbius
11-03-2008, 22:53
The Assault Marines never had any rules. They where just Khorne assault marines.

The Blood Slaughterer was in an old WD and in the RT Vehicle Manual. That's the one where they introduced the Target Grid which you could position over a diagram of the vehicle.

Sadly I don't remember the number of the WD right now, but I post it later if I find it.

t-tauri
11-03-2008, 22:58
The Slaughterer is not in the red compendium which puts it in a WD around 115 and upwards. I can't find those issues at the moment.

Fulgrim's Gimp
11-03-2008, 22:59
The Company of the Chosen were Assault marines in the World Eater list in Slaves to Darkness. I think they did have an extra rule over other assault marines in that IIRC they had frenzy.

Cornelius
12-03-2008, 00:02
The Slaughterer was in the RT Vehicle Manual (book with green DA bikers on the cover). I still have it in the basement - and a Slaughterer in my bitbox. Gee, I'm old.

Captain Uriel
12-03-2008, 00:13
The Slaughterer is awesome. I wish I had been playing at that time.

Cuda
12-03-2008, 02:43
here's one for the vets and old rules enthusiasts. i've got nearly every publication by GW containing rules for Chaos, but there is one thing that has alluded me for a while now. and that is rules for the Blood Slaughter, Daemonic Robot of Khorne (http://www.solegends.com/citcat9x3/c92402chaosspacemarines-02.htm) (under the Juggernaughts) and the World Eaters of Khorne Assault Marines (http://www.solegends.com/citcat9x4/c93493-02.htm).

are there such rules in existence out there? i can't imagine GW would produce models and not publish rules in WD even. can anyone tell me where to find them? what rulebook or WD issue is are they in?

I have the rules somewhere in an old WD in my Garage, it would take a long time to find it, for my garage looks like the closing scene in the Raiders of the Lost Ark.
I remember that it had a Heavy Bolter and some kind of whip. Most chaos players that owned the Blood Slaughterer used it as a Dread. I used the head for my Dread, to me it represents the essence of Khorne very well.

Cuda...

Ronin_eX
12-03-2008, 03:50
The "assault marines" look like WE troops with assault weapons, not the ones with bolters below. WE weren't always totally obsessed with close combat to the exclusion of all else. Think of the "assault marines" as berserkers in that case and all should be good.

AmKhaibitu
12-03-2008, 05:32
Heh, I have Assault Marine 3 in a drawer near my knee minus the backpack.
Rather cool.

WorLord
12-03-2008, 05:57
I have one of the blood slaughter robot models in my "to do" pile. I think when I get it painted I will field it as a terminator w/ mark of khorne or possibly a khornate chaos lord. Probably load out w/ t-l bolter, power weapon & cc weapon or something along those lines.

As for the assault marines, they would just be considered as khornate berserkers. You might put them in a larger unit of berserkers as asp. champions, since they stand out from the newer models.

shabbadoo
12-03-2008, 06:44
I can't imagine GW would produce models and not publish rules in WD even. can anyone tell me where to find them? what rulebook or WD issue is are they in?

Those models have been discontined and not in any rulebook for nearly 20 years or thereabouts, so it is very understandable why they don't support every single model they have ever made with rules. It is literally a waste of time and money, so they leave it up to the fans to create updated rules for these old models themselves. Perhaps somebody has posted rules somewhere based on a conversion of the ancient rules, though I don't know of any. If you cannot find any updated rules then you'll have to update them yourself, in which case you could post them here for people to give their opinions on them.

escobar
12-03-2008, 07:31
it is in WD either 147, 149 or 150 (UK)

Ddraiglais
12-03-2008, 12:33
Didn't they release a bitz package a few years back for the blood slaughterer? I remember seeing it on the store. It had Ork cannon wheels and other bits IIRC. I don't know if it had any rules when it was out though.

pookie
12-03-2008, 13:50
Didn't they release a bitz package a few years back for the blood slaughterer? I remember seeing it on the store. It had Ork cannon wheels and other bits IIRC. I don't know if it had any rules when it was out though.

i didnt know that, if they did i wish id seen it, id have bought half a dozen without pause.

Warsmith Strader
12-03-2008, 14:08
The khorne assault troops are basically raptors of khorne, those pics forgot to show that they were jump pack troops.

I'm making a updated version of them in plastic.... I luv those old models!

reds8n
12-03-2008, 15:59
The Blood Slaughterer datacard was in WD 153, at least according to here (http://members.visi.net/~templar/WD/WH40K.html)

Leftenant Gashrog
12-03-2008, 16:29
The khorne assault troops are basically raptors of khorne, those pics forgot to show that they were jump pack troops.

er.. whats your source for that? in Slaves to Darkness World Eater Assault, Devastator and Tactical squads all had the option of jump packs.

El_Phen
12-03-2008, 17:13

I'm making a updated version of them in plastic.... I luv those old models!

Just so you know, I own some of those models and as far as I know they never came with Jump Packs and were just a rather lovely type of World Eater to use. I also have the Blood Slaughterer in pieces somewhere...I may have broken it up and used its bits in a number of conversions though.

pookie
12-03-2008, 17:31
Just so you know, I own some of those models and as far as I know they never came with Jump Packs and were just a rather lovely type of World Eater to use. I also have the Blood Slaughterer in pieces somewhere...I may have broken it up and used its bits in a number of conversions though.

thats correct they didnt come with them, but you could equip them with JP.

( if you do have that Blood Slaughterer and dont want it i'l give it a good home ;) )

Dranthar
12-03-2008, 17:44
How can a robot slaughter blood?

AdmiralDick
12-03-2008, 20:07
thanks everyone for your post. you've helped me track the Blood Slaughterer down now (all i need do now is by the Vehical Manual).

Is there any reason why World Eaters Assault Marines would not = Berzerkers?

a couple of reasons. chief amoungst those being that Khorne Bezerkers as we understand them weren't invented until 2nd Ed, which is after the World Eater Assault Marine miniatures were released. so they must have been intended to represent something before that.

in 1st Ed the Chaos Legions were nearly mirror images of the Space Marines that we recognise today. so they had assault marines and devastators as standard.

The Assault Marines are the "Chosen of Khorne" from Realm of Chaos: Slaves to Darkness. They never had any specific rules for the minis as far as I'm aware so could be used for any Khornate mini.

whilst i don't doubt your right, i'm curious as to why they are apparently equipt with different armour. does anyone know what issue of WD they were first featured in? and can they coroborate that they were simply intended to represent World Eater Assualt Marines from RoC: StD?

Those models have been discontined and not in any rulebook for nearly 20 years or thereabouts, so it is very understandable why they don't support every single model they have ever made with rules.

its okay shabbadoo, i wasn't expect to find any rules that are usable in 4th Ed, i was just trying to find what rules there had been for them. i've played since the late 2nd Ed period so whilst i haven't seen it all, i've seen a lot of 40k and rules fascinate me. i just love seeing how things are represented on the battlefield and how those representations develope over time (even if the developement is that they are simply dropped).

that would be very cool. does anyone else recall this?

i didnt know that, if they did i wish id seen it, id have bought half a dozen without pause.

i think you mean 8!

pookie
13-03-2008, 10:40
i think you mean 8!

deffinatly :evilgrin:

Ronin_eX
13-03-2008, 17:34
whilst i don't doubt your right, i'm curious as to why they are apparently equipt with different armour. does anyone know what issue of WD they were first featured in? and can they coroborate that they were simply intended to represent World Eater Assualt Marines from RoC: StD?

I never played RT either but the different armour represents the Chaos Armour special ability they had in 2nd edition (when devotees of Khorne became part of their own armour). Maybe they had a similar ability in Slaves to Darkness or another RT publication?

Mojaco
13-03-2008, 19:12
That's a terrible miniature... RT ear was a different game altogether wasn't it..

Cool find for old mini lovers though.

sjap98
13-03-2008, 20:52
I own one,
I'm still wondering if I 'm going to use one as a Dreadnought, or as an obliterator, or as a khorne lord.
Here's what I found on the net:
http://www.geocities.com/gabbigames/w40k/BloodSlaught.htm

and this too, but I think it's a homegrown version of the rules:
http://brwc.co.uk/warhammer40k/chaosbs.htm

Senbei
13-03-2008, 23:08
Here's what I found on the net:

Both are homebrew. The only rules for the thing used the transparent plastic target matrix from the RT Vehicle Manual. It was released at the same time as the 'half/half' Khorne Assault marines and they appeared together in the aforementioned issue of WD iirc. If there are any rules for the marines, they might be in that issue...